IGNORED

HDX pre-order

arcadeshopper

Is it possible to turn a sidecar RS232 interface (PHP1700) into a HDX interface?

Only if it is identical to the internal card. I haven't seen one, but I'd seriously doubt it is the same hardware in the same locations. ymmv might be able to figure out the jumpers, resistor and interrupt changes required but I would be suprised if it was simple.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a few inquiries from uk/europe who want to use paypal. I personally refuse to do business with paypal. If any one out there in the US wants to receive some $ via paypal and send it to me for them via google wallet I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

Lmk

Greg

I'd be happy to help out. I'm not sure what the fees are to transfer money or send payments to/from paypal, but as long as they're willing to cover the money transfer fee (if any), I'd be happy to receive the money (at no additional cost :)) and launder it on to arcadeshopper via google wallet on your behalf. There's a few folks in the community that can vouch for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it correct that only function of the HDX board is to provide battery backup for the RAM? If that's so, perhaps you could use a NVRAM 64kbit Nonvolatile SRAM chip instead, e.g. Mouser part No. 700-DS1225AB-85.

That is my approach, too. But with an adapter board and the RAM chip ( I have the M48T08 ), yo will lose the adjacent slot in the PEB...

Is it correct that only function of the HDX board is to provide battery backup for the RAM? If that's so, perhaps you could use a NVRAM 64kbit Nonvolatile SRAM chip instead, e.g. Mouser part No. 700-DS1225AB-85.

Also the programming logic. That would be required to load the dsr into the ram chip..

Greg