IGNORED

Cassette tool Turgen System 8.3.12 supports standard (FSK, 600 bd) records

baktra

• 2 weeks later...

I've released TS 8.3.16.

Turbo decoder now can decode Auto Turbo and also both formats used by the Unknown Exterminator copier.

The Funny Copy protected format still resists, as it mangles data in the files. I'll try to disassemble and figure out. But if all other copiers use their own custom formats and data mangling, I'll have to give up as I am not much of a cracker.

Also the tape image extractor has been improved - it can extract boot files to binary files.

• Like 1

Good news! :)

Baktra, is it possible to add Plaza Copier 1.0 format to Turbo decoder? I wrote about this copier in the post #21. I have a few tapes in this format, but I have no way to copy them to disk. The only way is to load them into the computer and use the hardware freezer. There are no deprotecting copiers for this format.

Here are correct links for both copier and converter:

Plaza Copier v1.0 by Radosław Popławski

Turbo-Rapider 2000->7500 by Tomasz Rolewski

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the Plaza Copier 1.0 writes the special binary loader in the standard (600 bd,FSK) format. Decoding of the standard format is not supported by TS. This means that TS won't be able to pick the length of the binary file from the loader which is hardcoded there.

I extracted data from the loaders for Koło Fortuny, Artefakt Przodków and Magia Kryształu from the one of tapes I have. They are identical and they only differ in displayed title of game. It also appeared that length of the binary file from the loader is not hardcoded there.

I think that there is no need to add support for 600 baud format. You need only to cut the loader data from .WAV file with i.e. Adobe Audition, Audacity etc. and to load such prepared sample file to Turgen System's Turbo Decoder.

I attached an archive with extracted loaders (in .CAS, a8cas .hex and raw data formats) and two .WAVs with removed loaders (pure Turbo data).

It would be great to add support for Plaza Copier format. I've got several tapes in this unusual data format and their contents are missing on the Internet.

Plaza Copier loaders.rar

Edited by voy