IGNORED

2014 Midwest Gaming Classic

thanatos

Dan from the show here, just saw the topic...

Sorry about the rooms, the entire hotel is sold out. We have four additional hotels that offer free shuttle service to the show in the area for similar prices to the cheap Sheraton rooms, so if you didn't get one, that is an option. We don't hold back any rooms, it's just the show keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger!

If you want to participate in any of this stuff, get your tickets soon as they will sell out too:

- Tom Taylor's Open House - Play more than 300 arcade games (mostly EM pinball machines) with 100% of the proceeds going to a local charity. Only 100 tickets are available, this is a Friday activity.

- Clock Chaos / Up To Par / Call of Duty Ghosts tournaments - All three Friday night tournaments are very popular, and all three are nearly sold out now!

- V.I.G. Upgrade - Get into the halls a little early, get a special reception dinner, exclusive shirt, exclusive event badge, early seating for presentations (and there will be some great ones!) and more!

The other reminder - if you're coming, please consider prebuying your tickets. The first 1000 two-day passes bought before the show will get a lapel pin and window cling for free (we're revealing those designs in the next two days!), and we use 100% of the money that we get to make the show better this coming year. We're using a HUGE temporary structure this year for the vendor hall to increase space, and due to pre-orders we've already managed to add nearly 4,000 square feet to it, and we might add more!

The show is really shaping up to be incredible, and we can't wait to see you there!

- Tom Taylor's Open House - Play more than 300 arcade games (mostly EM pinball machines) with 100% of the proceeds going to a local charity. Only 100 tickets are available, this is a Friday activity

Is this included with our 2-day pass already purchased? Or else, where do I buy tickets for this? (I didn't see where)

Thanks

Is this included with our 2-day pass already purchased? Or else, where do I buy tickets for this? (I didn't see where)

Thanks

It's not included with the two day pass. If you already purchased tickets, you should be able to use this link to do so now:

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/products-page/special-offers/tom-taylors-open-house-machines/

NOTE - There were less than five tickets available last night!

This is going to be my first MGC. Hooray! Hotel room is booked and tickets are purchased.

I'm hoping to be able to take everything in, but I'm really most interested in Atari 8-bit computers, especially in the vendor section. My fantasy scenario is that I'll find a 1200XL somewhere between mint condition and not-working-but-repairable. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

What other kind of Atari 8-bit stuff is usually there?

This is going to be my first MGC. Hooray! Hotel room is booked and tickets are purchased.

I'm hoping to be able to take everything in, but I'm really most interested in Atari 8-bit computers, especially in the vendor section. My fantasy scenario is that I'll find a 1200XL somewhere between mint condition and not-working-but-repairable. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

What other kind of Atari 8-bit stuff is usually there?

The classic stuff is a bit hit and miss. Some dealers will have some 8-bit stuff, but it's mostly NES on up these days with a smattering of classic stuff here and there (there are some dealers that have all classic stuff though). At least that's been my observation.

• Like 1

The classic stuff is a bit hit and miss. Some dealers will have some 8-bit stuff, but it's mostly NES on up these days with a smattering of classic stuff here and there (there are some dealers that have all classic stuff though). At least that's been my observation.

I think it's definitely starting to skew post-crash and import, which makes sense, but I still probably spend a couple hundred bucks every year filling gaps in my predominantly pre-crash collection. I'm sure I'll pick up at least a few uncommon/semi-rare 2600 or Colecovision titles, or hopefully some CoCo or VIC-20 carts or something random like that, but I'm not holding out much hope for those (either that they'll be there at all, or that they'll be less than $15 a cart...).

I wouldn't hold out much hope for a 1200XL, either. ;) But, stranger things have turned up at MGC. (I wish Ianoid could come back...he always had the most obscure stuff!)

I wouldn't hold out much hope for a 1200XL, either. ;) But, stranger things have turned up at MGC. (I wish Ianoid could come back...he always had the most obscure stuff!)

Yeah, I'm not expecting much, but a man can dream can't he?

Who was Ianold and what kinda stuff did they have?

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm not expecting much, but a man can dream can't he?

Who was Ianold and what kinda stuff did they have?

Thanks!

Ian had connections all over so he always had the best stuff (makes him sound like a bit of drug dealer). He had a little bit of everything. Unfortunately he moved so he's too far away to come now.

Ianoid had all kinds of eclectic, random stuff. I've gotten things like a Coleco Combat unit, boxed Astrocade controllers, Intellivision System Changer, Brazilian CCE and pirated 2600 cartridges, a Coleco Frogger tabletop, among other things. I remember seeing stuff like a Tomy Tutor, some complete Videopac games, and Studio II games. He also had tons of more "mainstream" items, too, like Atari 800/XE carts and rare stuff for "normal" systems like Video Jogger for the 2600.

You'd have a devil of a time beating his prices, too. Man, I wish he could come back again.

I am looking forward to being there this year! My pesky sister had the audacity of getting married during MWGC last year, so I had to miss it for the first time since 2008. This year I will be dragging along a number of buddies, including three first-time attendees! I am going to have to start a shuttle service from my house at this rate!

I am always jealous of you guys who bring your systems out every year - it really makes me wish I had a way to contribute! Maybe one of these years I can bring along one of my Hercules pinball machines... ;)

I am always jealous of you guys who bring your systems out every year - it really makes me wish I had a way to contribute! Maybe one of these years I can bring along one of my Hercules pinball machines... ;)

As in you have more than one of those monsters??!! That sir, is hardcore!!

As in you have more than one of those monsters??!! That sir, is hardcore!!

I was at the right place at the right time and wound up buying two at the same place rather than the one I had expected. I just relatively recently completed my Atari pinball collection when I picked up a Time 2000 machine. Most of the machines get bashed, but I like them. :)

Just wanted to bring up Repairs again before heading up to the show tomorrow. We'll take a look at anything pre-PS3/XBOX 360 era, we just don't want to spend the entire show diagnosing YLODs and RRODs. Might consider looking at Wii's depending on the problem. No CRT's either, sorry, they are extremely volatile and a hotel room really isn't the place to be messing around with that. Nobody wants to miss out on the MGC fun on account of they are now dead.

Other than that we'll have some cool stuff going on; Nomad Screen replacements, maybe internal battery mods if USPS plays nice, NES2 Toploader A/V mods and kits, a 64Drive and N64 Video Convertor display (running VGA atm, will eventually get HDMI support but a board revision is needed first IIRC) and some portables and other mods to play. Should have a Flashback 2 cart port mod set up, and have a wired cart slot or two for kits. A 3D printer will also be on hand so come check out some demo prints.

We'll be operating as the Benheck Experience featuring the Portables of Doom in one of the cannibalized hotel rooms. Come by and say hi!

No CRT's either, sorry, they are extremely volatile and a hotel room really isn't the place to be messing around with that. Nobody wants to miss out on the MGC fun on account of they are now dead.

Chicken! ;)

I have a 5200 video mod board that has a broken pin. Is that something that can be soldered back on? Even if it was pretty weak, as long as I can get it back inside my 5200 (which I can bring) it should be fine.

We'll take a look at anything pre-PS3/XBOX 360 era, we just don't want to spend the entire show diagnosing YLODs and RRODs.

Low, low rates? :D

I've got an NES with your standard connector problem and a heavy sixer I had as a kid that I think is sick.