IGNORED

What is the best pinball table ever?

bergbros

I love pinball with the video game boom it gets pushed to the wayside. What do you think is the best ever? Or what is the best pinball simulation on the computer or videogame? I think the Timeshock! game by Virgin was awesome, closely resembled pinball but it was hard. Best pinball is hard too as my knowledge really isn't that in depth but I remember playing the Addams Family pinball game alot. I love the missions. I know there are better, but like I said, I aint an expert.

I love pinball, its a shame its dead now :(

Pinball maker Stern is trying to make a comback with pinball now.

One of my favorites was Black Knight 2000, having that one small area ("upstairs", I guess you could call it?) with the small flippers in there. Space Invaders was a badass too, and as for the more recent stuff, I liked the miniature Star Wars Episode I pinball.

Taxi :)

:D I have a Taxi machine!

But its boards are fried... :sad:

Taxi is a great one and I am very happy to own it (and would be even happier if the sound and score display worked!)... but the best pinball table ever is unquestionably...

FUNHOUSE!

but the best pinball table ever is unquestionably...  

FUNHOUSE!

I remember that one.

Rollercoaster, Addams Family, Terminator 2, South park, Monopoly, There was a really cool dragon/medieval one but I can't remember the name... and the newest one I've played which is lots of fun is the Playboy Playmate one. One mall locally has that one in the back of their arcade. Thanks to last Christmas got 2 computer cd's that combined has 51 different tables.

Decided to save up for my own machine since I figure in the long run it will be cheaper than all the quarters I spend in the arcade. :D

Decided to save up for my own machine since I figure in the long run it will be cheaper than all the quarters I spend in the arcade. :D

You might already know this, but while you're saving up, check out stuff on the net, books, whatever, about pinball care. You have to replace the bands around the bumpers regularly; DON'T wait until they break, if you do, a steel ball against those small steel stilt-things around the bumper...well, it's just like having to pay a couple of hundred (or more) bucks once you bend the rim on your wheel when you've got a flat on your car, let's put it that way.

There's probably more to it than that, but like I said, you might know that anyway...plus that's all *I* know about pinball care anyhow :D

It'd be cool to have your own, especially with pinball fading from the arcades...hopefully Stern will be able to bring their popularity back up a notch, at least. (It might be beating a dead horse, but I'm hopeful.)

You might already know this, but while you're saving up, check out stuff on the net, books, whatever, about pinball care. You have to replace the bands around the bumpers regularly; DON'T wait until they break, if you do, a steel ball against those small steel stilt-things around the bumper...well, it's just like having to pay a couple of hundred (or more) bucks once you bend the rim on your wheel when you've got a flat on your car, let's put it that way.

There's probably more to it than that, but like I said, you might know that anyway...plus that's all *I* know about pinball care anyhow :D

It'd be cool to have your own, especially with pinball fading from the arcades...hopefully Stern will be able to bring their popularity back up a notch, at least. (It might be beating a dead horse, but I'm hopeful.)

From the owner of two pinballs --

Owning your own pinball machine seems glamourous until something breaks. I paid a pretty good price for two pinballs that I really enjoyed, and now I've got two HUGE fricken boxes of parts. Luckily, I love repairing games even more than I love playing them, but pinballs are ridiculous. If you purchase a used one, chances are it will require a lot of repairs over the course of it's lifetime, and those repairs are both expensive and hard to perform if you don't have a general knowledge of the machines.

My first pinball blew a flipper coil. It's a early 80's Bally and the flipper assembly for it is kinda odd and has gone out of production. I still have yet to find a suitable replacement for it. It's been over a full year now, and I've really been trying,

My second pinball is Space Station Pinball. It worked with some serious problems that weren't discovered until after I bought it. Among other things, it doesn't have the voice sounds it should, buttons didn't work, the pop bumpers didn't fire (and then one started on fire, no kidding.) and the backglass lights were too bright and burned some plastic in the backbox. I've now had that machine in 5,000,000 parts for the last six months, and I've spent countless hours attempting to fix some of it's problems.

Besides all of this, saving for your own machine is nice, but it will just make you want to go try other pin's even more. I regularly play another pin every week now that I have my two, and I never would've spent that much at arcades before purchasing them.

Oh yes...

My favorite game ever is Williams Space Shuttle. I really enjoy the new Playboy machine and have spent quite a lot of money on it at the nearest arcade. I love early 80's games, but haven't had a chance to play too much of them. I got really good at and really loved my Cybernaut machine while it worked...

I always enjoyed the Williams pinballs that had the Defender-esque sounds at the time, like Firepower and Black Knight. Games of that vintage make you feel like you are almost playing a classic videogame, because of the sound effects.

I'm also probably the only ones who enjoy the Pinball 2000 games (Revenge from Mars, Episode I). I like the greater interactivity that comes from the video overlay. I also find these a lot easier to play than other pinabll games.

I wasnt too fuzzy on Pinball because Computer games like Space Invaders was out as I grew up and I was more interested in stuff like that.

But one Pinball Machine I would always rememeber is Party-Time (I thing it was called that!)

I used to spend all my loose change on that pinball!

• 2 weeks later...

Fun House. (That lin is part of an infomercial showing the rebuilding and refurbishing of Fun House and Rudy the Dummy's head.) I only saw it for about half a week in the early 90's at a camp ground and played it once. One day I watched a guy play all the way through the game all the way to nighttime when the dummy went to sleep. It was such a cool game. I wish I had one.

Fast forward to 2003 and if I had $2,999.00, I'd run down to TNT Amusements and buy the the game completely rebuilt and refurbished. Well.. after I bought a computer first.

I implore anyone who likes Arcade games or Pinball games and such to watch the Infomercial for TNT Amusements located on their website. It's unique. And once I start watching it, I cannot turn the channel. (It's a Cult Classic out here in Eastern PA/Western NJ.)

• 2 months later...

Star Trek TNG by Williams Designed by Steve Ritchie :) my favorite, with the guns and all, just a lot of fun! I think just about anything by Steve Ritchie (the master) would count as a favorite of mine :)

On the PC... Mine ! :) hehe kidding, but you can check the tables I've created (and recreated) if you like at my web site. I do these with a program called Visual Pinball, which is basicly a *very* powerful version of the old c64 title Pinball Construction Set. If you've never heard of it and like pinball you should defintely check it out.

So I guess Visual Pinball would count as my favorite PC sim.

Stein