IGNORED

Colecovision picture

metzger130

Send Yurkie a PM as he does repairs as well as mods on the ColecoVision. His work is TOP NOTCH and we are lucky to have him in the community!

As far as your system, that is a tough one to diagnose as it could be any number of different things including the power supply, the VDP, the CPU, the RF board, RAM chips, etc. or a combination of items. Without spare parts to swap out and test yourself or the skills and necessary equipment to troubleshoot, you really have no options but to contact Yurkie or try to find another ColecoVision.

I bought a colecovision and there is no picture and sometimes there is another picture that is greenish, picture below. There is also a pure tone that comes on sometimes and sometimes no sound. I am not sure if it's a dead system or if something just needs fixed and it's a decent price to fix.

I had trouble with the picture on my CV. I have to take the RF modulator apart and found the solder joints for the RCA cable were cracked.

Soldered them and all is good. However taking that modulator apart was not too easy.

• Like 1

I think I'm going to go the safe route and just send it to Yukie to hopefully fix. I actually have 2 colecovisions that I am going to send to him. this one and another one I have that has a nice picture but sound is nothing but static, that is another post on here. I am hoping that between the 2 I can have at least 1 if not 2 fully functioning coleco's which would make my purchase a great value in my opiinion. 1 would make it a good value, 2 would make it a great value.

In case anyone is wondering, I bought it at a video game store that unfortunately is going out of business. I paid $95 total for the 2 coleco's, 1 in box which is in so so shape, the other without a box and controllers, 2 power supplies, 3 coleco games (jumpman Jr, venture, cosmit avenger), a telegames intellivision that works perfectly with box, 4 intellivision games, a sega 32X with power supply and 1 of the adapters (unfortunately I need to find a 2nd one), 1 game for that, and an NES. Not sure if I forgot something but it was quite a bit in my opinion for 95, especially if I can get both working, hell even 1 would be great.

• 4 months later...

I bought a Colecovision from ebay several months a go but had it sent to my brother-in-law's place in Texas to save on shipping to Canada. I finally picked it up last week and when I went home, I got the RF adapter and was very excited to plug it in. Well, it did nothing but show a dark screen with static. This was even after I took the CV apart and used canned air to blow out all the dust (which was extenstive) and even included a long dead spider in the expansion port. I was pretty frustrated and the 45 day buyer insurance had run out. Any suggestions for getting this CV operational again would be very much appreciated. I am not a technical person so soldering stuff is not really an option but any other suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank You!

• 3 weeks later...