IGNORED

Intellivisionaries episode 6 is up!

Rick Reynolds

We do our traditional “deep dive” game review; this time it’s The Dreadnaught Factor from Activision. We interview the programmer / designer of the game, Tom Loughry. We also interview Kieren Hawken (aka “The Laird”) from Retro Video Gamer in the UK. And this month we have a special guest host, Kevin Savetz – author of “The Terrible Nerd”, one of the hosts of Antic: The Atari 8-bit Podcast, and an Intellivision collector. And all the feedback, news and fun you’ve come to expect from our show is here too.

http://www.intellivisionaries.com

• Like 5

We do our traditional “deep dive” game review; this time it’s The Dreadnaught Factor from Activision. We interview the programmer / designer of the game, Tom Loughry. We also interview Kieren Hawken (aka “The Laird”) from Retro Video Gamer in the UK. And this month we have a special guest host, Kevin Savetz – author of “The Terrible Nerd”, one of the hosts of Antic: The Atari 8-bit Podcast, and an Intellivision collector. And all the feedback, news and fun you’ve come to expect from our show is here too.

http://www.intellivisionaries.com

tumblr_inline_mvbvuu771H1s1nult.gif

• Like 1

I dont get it.

Suffice it to say that Kieren (the Liard) Hawken is probably about the worst person you could interview or be associated with when it comes to retro gaming (or credibility, truth, or any probably any other basic human decency trait)

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=23047&p=206336#p206367

• Like 4

Suffice it to say that Kieren (the Liard) Hawken is probably about the worst person you could interview or be associated with when it comes to retro gaming (or credibility, truth, or any probably any other basic human decency trait)

Absolute BS

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=23047&p=206336#p206367

Now I get it! :P :P :P

I REALLY didnt know about him, I must of been living under a rock I guess.

Carry on....

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 1

It looks like Games For Your Intellivision didn't consider remowilliams third link to be BS (I'm assuming because it wasn't included in his reply). According to that last link this Liard guy may have lied about developing some games early on. Seems like one of those mistakes we sometimes get ourselves into. He's done good since then, right?

That Playcable infomercial was a cool find. Nice. I love how they talk about how getting the Playcable device could change your family's life! Lol! Nothing like classic 80's overselling. :)

As for the Dreadnaught Fracture I had a cart offered to me for $5000. Yep.

Big fan of the game though

• Like 1

That Playcable infomercial was a cool find. Nice. I love how they talk about how getting the Playcable device could change your family's life! Lol! Nothing like classic 80's overselling. :)

As for the Dreadnaught Fracture I had a cart offered to me for $5000. Yep.

Big fan of the game though

Is the rom of that floating around? Sounds like time for a small run! LOL

@The Loon

My computer is slow and probably didn't pick up the third link. I didn't read any of the BS, However, I do know that certain people have an axe to grind with Kieren, and really don't give a toss about whatever they are trying to ruin his reputation with. All I DO know is that these trouble makers don't own Intellivisions, and have no business following him into this forum trying to turn people against him.

There are allegations that certain posts here were deleted and/or edited. Do we really want to bring that argument into the Intellivision podcast thread? I suggest you guys who have a problem with him stop being so childish.

He gave a brilliant interview on the podcast, and talks about a charity that he is working for. I suggest that people make up their own mind about the guy and stop listening to people that seem to be trying to bully a guy who can't respond on this forum.

That's all I am saying on this.

However, I do know that certain people have an axe to grind with Kieren, and really don't give a toss about whatever they are trying to ruin his reputation with. All I DO know is that these trouble makers don't own Intellivisions, and have no business following him into this forum trying to turn people against him.

Err, wrong. I actually own three Intellivisons not that it matters.

Pointing out a person's actions - which they have repeatedly disavowed (despite the incredibly obvious and available evidence) and who has continually run into corners pointing fingers back and shouting 'look at those mean people, they hate me and are out to get me for no reason!' is not ruining anyone's reputation, or being childish, or being a bully.

It's making sure that a person is ultimately held responsible for their actions, and that the community knows who they have unknowingly become involved with. You want to hate that, feel free go to ahead.

• Like 6

For the record, my girlfriend officially doesn't like the title. I mentioned Space "Beaver" and she rolled her eyes. I'm sure if I can just get her to play it she will learn to appreciate it :roll:

I may be able to have a special box just for you called: Space Female Reproductive Organ

• Like 1