IGNORED

A new retro gaming forum

Just letting you guys know, I created a forum just recently which discusses retro gaming and collecting as well as some modern gaming. It discusses anything from pickups to emulation to modern gaming. But we prefer to stick to the retro stuff ;) It hasn't been getting much attention, so please take the time to check it out, thanks!

http://www.coolretrogamers.proboards.com/

• Like 4

There is only AtariAge. :)

This is true.

Good luck with your forums because there are those that have been established for years like Digital Press and ClassicArcadeGaming.com that are having problems getting people to post.

I just shut my forums down last month because I had over 200 members that weren't posting. I wasn't going to fork out the dough in web hosting costs for an inactive forum site. I understand Proboards are free and you won't have the issue of hosting costs, but why would I post at your site when there's a large community at AtariAge where my posts have a good shot at getting replies?

• Like 1

Not bad form at all, unless he starts spamming it over and over and over again.. ;-)

I'm a member of several forums (I am sure a lot of us are).

True, there has to be something to get me to post on another forum (the ones I am in now are pretty good at covering my retro needs), but you never know..

Good luck..

desiv

• Like 1

Not bad form at all, unless he starts spamming it over and over and over again.. ;-)

I'm a member of several forums (I am sure a lot of us are).

True, there has to be something to get me to post on another forum (the ones I am in now are pretty good at covering my retro needs), but you never know..

Good luck..

desiv

Dont worry, I wont be spamming it lol. This will be the only thread about this forum. I just thought it would be fun to make, I doubt it will ever become as succesful as AA, but thats totally understandable. I didn't create it to get as many members as possible, just as a thing for fun, even if its only up for a year.

• Like 1

This is true.

Good luck with your forums because there are those that have been established for years like Digital Press and ClassicArcadeGaming.com that are having problems getting people to post.

I just shut my forums down last month because I had over 200 members that weren't posting. I wasn't going to fork out the dough in web hosting costs for an inactive forum site. I understand Proboards are free and you won't have the issue of hosting costs, but why would I post at your site when there's a large community at AtariAge where my posts have a good shot at getting replies?

I dont expect it to become nearly as popular as pigital press or AA or any of the major retro gaming websites, but even if its only up for a year, its just for fun. You dont have to join if you dont want to, no one has to really, but its just there if you want to.

One question: why do a general classic gaming forum that already has big players in it. Why not focus on something the big boys don't, er, focus on?

Not pickin' on ya: just curious :)

I've been trying to make the forum more centered towards vectrex, but to be honest it hasn't been very succesful in doing so yet lol. Maybe ill change the background to a bunch of vectex's, that should do the trick :P

• Like 1

I've been trying to make the forum more centered towards vectrex, but to be honest it hasn't been very succesful in doing so yet lol. Maybe ill change the background to a bunch of vectex's, that should do the trick :P

There's already a Vector gaming forum on Proboards that focuses on the Vectrex.

http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/

Also, as an admin you should be aware of what double posting is which you did in this thread. That's why there's a multiquote button.

Just letting you guys know, I created a forum just recently which discusses retro gaming and collecting as well as some modern gaming. It discusses anything from pickups to emulation to modern gaming. But we prefer to stick to the retro stuff ;) It hasn't been getting much attention, so please take the time to check it out, thanks!

http://www.coolretrogamers.proboards.com/

Colors, need, adjusting....

I dont expect it to become nearly as popular as pigital press or AA or any of the major retro gaming websites, but even if its only up for a year, its just for fun. You dont have to join if you dont want to, no one has to really, but its just there if you want to.

The opposite of that is what's good about AtariAge. The AA forums will probably exist forever (or at least until the bombs fall) and that means threads won't disappear after a year. Many posts in a forum are answers to questions and if those answers might be gone in a year, what's the point? Stability is a good thing.

• Like 1

Colors, need, adjusting....

Definitely this. The "Sign In" area should have a solid background behind it, it's almost impossible to read. Likewise with the two forum links next to the "Home" tab.

Can't say I'm a fan of the name either. I don't know about you guys, but I'd honestly feel like a douchebag if I was posting at a site dubbed "The Cool Retro Gamers".

To the OP, best of luck with this project though. Hopefully you can manage to gain at least a small/loyal following. Forums are tough to get off the ground (I've been apart of several that just fizzled out), but if you can get people posting, then by all means go for it.

signed up over there ... I noticed some color changes & stuff ...should be another game of the week poll coming

I honestly joined 'cause ilovethevectrex is the one who told me that a Vectrex even existed & now I'm the proud owner of one \o/

the site is as cross-platformed as this one ...only some of the names have changed to protect the innocent :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Isn't it bad form to go poaching for new members from another similar forum? It just strikes me as somewhat rude.

Only if he just joined. Since he started here 2 and a half years ago, it's fine. Look at me, I promote Zap! here as much as I can. But I'm also pro-Atari Age, so picture it like two friendly countries exporting to each other.

Edited by White Knight
  • Like 1