IGNORED

Is this just a piece of junk?

Omega-TI

I picked this monitor up with a bunch of TI stuff the other day. It looks and works fine, but it's a GREEN SCREEN (eeeeeech) and of no use to me at all. I doubt any TI'er would want it either. I was thinking maybe an early Apple II user or something? Anyway I figured it would be prudent to I ask, just to be sure, but I'm thinking the value on this thing has to be less than NOTHING, because I cannot even find one on eBay.

post-35324-0-45248000-1393531620_thumb.jpg

post-35324-0-31291900-1393531644_thumb.jpg

post-35324-0-94684400-1393531661_thumb.jpg

post-35324-0-54570100-1393531676_thumb.jpg

I picked this monitor up with a bunch of TI stuff the other day. It looks and works fine, but it's a GREEN SCREEN (eeeeeech) and of no use to me at all. I doubt any TI'er would want it either. I was thinking maybe an early Apple II user or something? Anyway I figured it would be prudent to I ask, just to be sure, but I'm thinking the value on this thing has to be less than NOTHING, because I cannot even find one on eBay.

Monochrome monitors were thought to be good for data entry. They display 80 column text clearly from a composite input. I can't see anyone wanting one other than for "archival"

Greg

There are computer museums that would probably be very happy to have that monitor. I have a pile of old gear that I'm going to donate to the "Personal Computer Museum" (http://www.pcmuseum.ca/) I picked them because they are a "hands on" museum (what good are old computers if you can't mess with them?) and because they are close enough to me that I can drive there (4 or 5 hours).