IGNORED

Happy Friday ColecoVision fans

5-11under

Wow.. It must be meant to be! That's fantastic they both fit in there, how cool. I'm still going to search for one of the r

Original FC data controllers, that way I'll have tons of options for controllers, next will be an arcade controller! :-D

search for "Famicom Network" for the black controller

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Wasn't sure where to post this. I'm new here and just bought an ADAM on eBay yesterday after an itch I've had for years to getting one again. I had an ADAM back in 84 and used it for years until there was an issue with the board in the memory console. I purchased a new board at a place back then called ADAM's HOUSE which I believe is now eColeco.com. Anyway, after replacing the board, it died again about 6 months later. Being a young teenager, out of frustration I threw the system out which was in mint condition. It's a move I would regret later, no matter how outdated the technology was. I've had many PC's after but the ADAM holds a special place since it was my first computer. I found this site awhile back and recently became a member which woke up the desire to try and get one of these. I've seen some insane prices for an ADAM between $600-$1000 in great condition. I could never spend that amount of money on something like this but won't criticize who would do so. I spent about $260 yesterday on a set that appears to be in great condition and working. Here's the listing from ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/151266888481?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I will be attaching some pictures to see what you guys think. I know it was pricey for something that's 31 years old but considering how many units I've seen that have been on ebay for almost 3 times as much, I don't feel too stupid about this purchase. Great site you guys have here and am looking forward to being part of this community for a long time.

post-38875-0-04833200-1396875505_thumb.jpg

post-38875-0-80430700-1396875512_thumb.jpg

post-38875-0-78295400-1396875519_thumb.jpg

post-38875-0-03336600-1396875526_thumb.jpg

Edited by rey_1178
  • Like 2

That's a great looking ADAM, Rey. If the tape drive works then you're better off than me ;)

As far as whether you spent too much, I don't think it is crazy... the software included is worth about $100 by itself.

What are your plans for it? Are you a programmer?

• Like 1

That's a great looking ADAM, Rey. If the tape drive works then you're better off than me ;)

As far as whether you spent too much, I don't think it is crazy... the software included is worth about $100 by itself.

What are your plans for it? Are you a programmer?

When I had the first one I did do a lot of programing but it's been SO many years I don't remember much. Once I confirm everything works, I'll take it slow and start collecting more items for the ADAM. I also plan to display it in my home office. Can't wait to start and spend time with you guys here. I'm amazed how many coleco fans are still out there.

Hi guys,

Wasn't sure where to post this. I'm new here and just bought an ADAM on eBay yesterday after an itch I've had for years to getting one again. I had an ADAM back in 84 and used it for years until there was an issue with the board in the memory console. I purchased a new board at a place back then called ADAM's HOUSE which I believe is now eColeco.com. Anyway, after replacing the board, it died again about 6 months later. Being a young teenager, out of frustration I threw the system out which was in mint condition. It's a move I would regret later, no matter how outdated the technology was. I've had many PC's after but the ADAM holds a special place since it was my first computer. I found this site awhile back and recently became a member which woke up the desire to try and get one of these. I've seen some insane prices for an ADAM between $600-$1000 in great condition. I could never spend that amount of money on something like this but won't criticize who would do so. I spent about $260 yesterday on a set that appears to be in great condition and working. Here's the listing from ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/151266888481?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I will be attaching some pictures to see what you guys think. I know it was pricey for something that's 31 years old but considering how many units I've seen that have been on ebay for almost 3 times as much, I don't feel too stupid about this purchase. Great site you guys have here and am looking forward to being part of this community for a long time.

WELCOME to the ADAM/ColecoVision group here on AtariAge. There is a LOT to be learned here and a great bunch of guys and gals. CONGRATS!! The ADAM you boght looks to be in great shape cosmetically, that is surely a plus.

Edited by adamcon
  • Like 2

WELCOME to the ADAM/ColecoVision group here on AtariAge. There is a LOT to be learned here and a great bunch of guys and gals. CONGRATS!! The ADAM you boght looks to be in great shape cosmetically, that is surely a plus.

Thank you my friend. I noticed there are home brewers here. Looks like they're going to have a new customer soon :D . WOW!

Hi guys,

Just picked up a ADAM LINK at ebay which is in great condition except for the box, but the box is in good enough shape which is better than none at all. Unfortunately the seller whom I bought the ADAM from hasn't shipped out the system. I don't want to rush the guy as he's looking for a large box to put it all in. I prefer to wait so the original box is preserved during shipping.

Edited by rey_1178

I'm still waiting for the seller to ship out the ADAM, sigh. In the meantime other things are arriving from different sellers. The games and the others coming are for me to use. Later on I'll start to add to my collection games that are in box and if possible,sealed. Got an ADAMLINK today. The modem looks to have never been used,manual in excellent shape for a 30 year old piece and the software is still sealed. Too bad the box is in such rough shape but I placed some clear strong tape on certain areas before it completely falls apart :)

post-38875-0-09988100-1397512519_thumb.jpg

I'm still waiting for the seller to ship out the ADAM, sigh. In the meantime other things are arriving from different sellers. The games and the others coming are for me to use. Later on I'll start to add to my collection games that are in box and if possible,sealed. Got an ADAMLINK today. The modem looks to have never been used,manual in excellent shape for a 30 year old piece and the software is still sealed. Too bad the box is in such rough shape but I placed some clear strong tape on certain areas before it completely falls apart :)

attachicon.gifAdam2.jpg

Hey Rey!! Ask the sender to simply take other cardboard boxes, open them up, then cover over the ADAM box, taping the boxes together while NOT taping anything to the ADAM box. Works great, I have done it - slightly larger box than the ADAM box are hard to find. DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY!!! :grin:

• Like 1

Just got the ADAM, I'll post a few pics later. Everything works except both tape drives. They also look an attempt to repair was made but the encoder wheel on both has some damage. One has little tares while the other doesn't seem to have any but it's a little bent. Don't think i can save them but I'm trying to clean all the gunk off and see what happens.

Just got the ADAM, I'll post a few pics later. Everything works except both tape drives. They also look an attempt to repair was made but the encoder wheel on both has some damage. One has little tares while the other doesn't seem to have any but it's a little bent. Don't think i can save them but I'm trying to clean all the gunk off and see what happens.

Oh yah mon, DAT'S no good. :( If you took them apart to know the decoder wheels are bad, there is not much hope for the drive except for motors, cords, and read head. IF it was possible that only the tire was melted and the wheel was intact and free, you'd have had a chance to resurrect them. :-o

Oh yah mon, DAT'S no good. :( If you took them apart to know the decoder wheels are bad, there is not much hope for the drive except for motors, cords, and read head. IF it was possible that only the tire was melted and the wheel was intact and free, you'd have had a chance to resurrect them. :-o

Yeah I'm screwed there. Guess I'll keep them for spare parts. I'll be contacting you more on this. Thank you. :)

Here's a few pics. To my surprise it came with the ADAM dust covers :) Beautiful condition, no yellowing and everything works except for the tape drives as you'll see below...

post-38875-0-64120000-1398163091_thumb.jpgpost-38875-0-79427900-1398163097_thumb.jpgpost-38875-0-09691800-1398163102_thumb.jpgpost-38875-0-31535300-1398163106_thumb.jpgpost-38875-0-77032100-1398163110_thumb.jpgpost-38875-0-98312400-1398163116_thumb.jpgpost-38875-0-05490500-1398163120_thumb.jpgpost-38875-0-08975500-1398163123_thumb.jpgpost-38875-0-82717800-1398163125_thumb.jpg

Here's the little encoder disc. Both tape drives with the same issue but a working one will probably arrive by the end of the week :)

post-38875-0-67261400-1398163224_thumb.jpg

Edited by rey_1178
  • Like 1

Congrats! To bad about the Encoder Wheel issues (the part looks intact sans the rubber timing wheel and should be salvageable unless the very thin rod/shaft assembly and or even smaller washers are missing), but you did well with a good condition box, all the styrofoam packaging, the dust covers, extra software and the very good cosmetic condition of all the components.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Another piece added. Polished it up and looks like new. Also have now a working tape drive....

Now this pushed me over the jealous line... icon_woozy.gificon_razz.gif

Nice find btw! and yes, welcome to AtariAge, where you'll find many who tossed their old equipment just to ebay it all back icon_biggrin.gif

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was at my parents this morning taking care of a few things while they are out of town. Their home in which I grew up in is way closer to my workplace then to where I live 40 miles south. Anyway while I was there I went in what used to be my room, (cats room now :P) and saw something at the window laying there. It was a cartridge from when I originally had my first ADAM as a kid in the early 80's. It's in rough shape but I'm going to clean it up and see if it works. I thought I threw out every since item but I will let them know if there's anything else to inform me of it. I'm still beating myself up for throwing the stuff out. Kids :mad: :_(

post-38875-0-70883800-1402414513_thumb.jpg

• Like 1