Kryoflux .ipf image creation

kryoflux image disk drive duplication copy protection preservation

No replies to this topic

#1 budburns OFFLINE  

budburns

Space Invader

• 26 posts

Posted Sun Mar 2, 2014 5:41 PM

So I just got my shiny new Kryoflux board yesterday. I got it all set up with an old IBM drive that I cleaned up and it is working perfectly. I was so excited to watch it produce raw stream and .img files of my original Atari 8-bit Bruce Lee disk in less than a minute and a half! I couldn't wait to put in a blank disk and see if it could write a working copy of the disk, protection and all. Then comes the "cannot open image file" error... Did I do something wrong, I wonder to myself? Wait, what? The software can't write back the images it produces??? ??? I have to send them to the "Software Preservation Society" to have them decide if it is worth their time and effort to generate a writeable .ipf file for me? I don't mean to sound ungrateful, because the Kryoflux is truly a remarkable product, but is there ANY way I can build an .ipf file myself with a windows PC? I have a lot of my own data disks; my old BBS disks especially that have become unreadable through the years, that I would like to try to bring back from the dead with this product. Any ideas, links, suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Edited by budburns, Sun Mar 2, 2014 5:42 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kryoflux, image, disk, drive, duplication, copy protection, preservation

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users