IGNORED

Skunkboard production batch. Declare list.

willyvmm

What rev was that? I remember my rev 2 skunks having pretty long pins sticking out and drilling holes for the first ones and simply clipping them down with others. Never liked the idea of putting pressure on those large USB sockets without cutting out holes... it does "fit" but not nicely.

For my Rev2 I replace the straight pins with the 90 degree version and then Milled about 2mm (IIRC from the highest SkunkBoard PCB contact point) out of the inside of the cartridge case to make it fit with no holes in the back, just one on the side of the circular top section for the cable to exit.

Unfortunately, not everyone has access to a milling machine and even then it was not easy clamping the case as it flexes a lot although carefully grinding it out with a Dremmil may work as well. However, it would make it easier for people to case if new runs did not to fit the standard USB A sockets as they are unused and use 90 degree pin headers as standard.

I am wondering when "willyvmm" will come back and answer the plenty of pending questions re: version, color, available flash chips, possible mods for the cable connection, ordering etc.?

The most interesting question is Tursi's re the source of the Flash chip, as I recall that was a particular problem for the third "Ghostboard" run.

All that aside, given the potential for my Rev2 to die (as stated elsewhere) I would like 1 as a back up.

Edited by Stephen Moss

For the JTAG pins, rev 1 and 2 I actually successfully tested bending them 90 degrees for case installation. Removal is also an option for those who can solder. Rev 3 we didn't install the JTAG pins, so you don't need to worry about them there.

As for the USB A ports, during my testing I had a problem where forcing the board into a cart shell crushed the ports, which caused a short circuit. So I recommend cutting holes in the shell for the A ports to sit in, or removing them if you can solder. This new run could save some money by not installing them at all. :)

• Like 4

If i already have the rev3 version of the skunboard as sold by Goatstore, is there any reason to get in on this batch?

Backup? Seriously, the one worry I have about my Skunk2 is if it dies someday years down the road. As mentioned earlier, they do sometimes get zapped by static electricity.

Hi.

Sorry for the delay, I got sick, and spent almost 2 weeks in bed ... alone ,(

I can not edit the first post, so i Put info here:

• Yes I found small source of the chips.
  • It will be Skunkboard v3. with only one mini usb port. The 2 side USB ports and JTAG connector will be not mounted for easy casing.
  • There will be no plastic case ... is too expencive to start production.
  • BLACK pcb with RED silkscreen ,)
  • skunk_sv_logo_1-3-pcb-like.png
  • I cant promise for 100%, but i hope it will come in carton box in same design (raw, 2 colors).

If you have any further questions, i'll answer asap :)

• Like 4

Looks great! And the more Skunkboards the merrier.

The only possible questions now could be:

When and where do we send the cash, and when will they arrive? ;)

Hi.

Sorry for the delay, I got sick, and spent almost 2 weeks in bed ... alone ,(

I can not edit the first post, so i Put info here:

• Yes I found small source of the chips.
  • It will be Skunkboard v3. with only one mini usb port. The 2 side USB ports and JTAG connector will be not mounted for easy casing.
  • There will be no plastic case ... is too expencive to start production.
  • BLACK pcb with RED silkscreen ,)
  • skunk_sv_logo_1-3-pcb-like.png
  • I cant promise for 100%, but i hope it will come in carton box in same design (raw, 2 colors).

If you have any further questions, i'll answer asap :)

No. They will be released asap :)

there is 78 pcs on the list + 4 hidden (pm's) at all 82 pcs. NICE :)

Hyperboy 1
travistouchdown 1
JagLynx4Life 2
Marcus Losbjer 1
VladR 2
sh3-rg 4
Jungsi 1
masematte 1
Dinorast73 1
Otto1980 2
Guitari 1
Castlevaniac 1