IGNORED

Best PC Keyboard: The Vintage IBM Model "M" Keyboard

I have a confession to make:

I went back and ordered a couple of the "Quiet Touch" Unicomps, and they have the *exact* same IBM-quality feel, and are so-much-less noisy. I think it's the best thing I've ever bought. While I love the "click," I compute late at night and it was like jackhammers going off. Same would be at the office, too.

(Shhhhhh!!!! But the Unicomp "Quiet Touch" is great, too!")

• Like 2

I have a confession to make:

I went back and ordered a couple of the "Quiet Touch" Unicomps, and they have the *exact* same IBM-quality feel, and are so-much-less noisy. I think it's the best thing I've ever bought. While I love the "click," I compute late at night and it was like jackhammers going off. Same would be at the office, too.

I use the Model M at home, and at work... I get off handed comments at work... I figure that they are Jealous... ;)

( I am typing this with a Model M, White Logo, ID:7295304, Date:08JUN1992 )

MarkO

I have a confession to make:I went back and ordered a couple of the "Quiet Touch" Unicomps, and they have the *exact* same IBM-quality feel, and are so-much-less noisy. I think it's the best thing I've ever bought. While I love the "click," I compute late at night and it was like jackhammers going off. Same would be at the office, too.(Shhhhhh!!!! But the Unicomp "Quiet Touch" is great, too!")

Yeah, I got some relatives staying at the house right now and I compute late at night too and yes the original Model M & F both do sound like jackhammers, especially late at night in a quiet house! Lol! Sometimes I do use my Logitech K800 as its much much quieter. Edited by ovalbugmann

I agree! I very happily used my 1996 IBM "Quiet Touch" Model M at work for a long while. I took it home only because it was due for a cleaning, replacing it with a buckling-spring Unicomp, but I didn't get to it for months and just got used to the Unicomp.