IGNORED

Princess Quest digital edition

nanochess

Hi guys.

After Princess Quest for Colecovision got sold out, I've been thinking on how to make it available again to interested people.

I've read some people only wants a ROM file for playing in emulator or via AtariMax cartrige, so I've decided to make Princess Quest available as a digital download for a small fee of $9.95 (after fees I get barely the price of a movie ticket ;)) via Scubbly.com

It's available in this address http://www.scubbly.com/item/77635/

Enjoy it! and thanks for all your support! :)

• Like 10

That's coo!l Killer price to, I kinda wish more people would do that sort of thing when a popular and/or superb game sells out indefinitely.. but thats a tricky and sometimes tough subject.

However the carts are Silver, so someone trying to pass off bootlegs or what-have-you would have almost a zero chance of doing so successfully. I highly doubt they're available anywhere outside of the publishers.

Anyways, I'm very happy I own it CIB but having it on an Atarimax cart would be awesome to.. I can protect the game back inside its already protected box. :-D

• Like 1

Well, I followed the site for weeks to see how stable was it and it fails just when I upload the game :lol:

If anyone wants to get the game just send me the $9.95 to my Paypal address (my e-mail is in http://nanochess.org/author.html) and I'll send back the game :)

Or if my site doesn't work (it can happen!) just send me a PM.

• 2 months later...

Just got my hands on the digital edition today.

I don't follow the ColecoVision scene too much (Hold off on the stone throwing :grin:), but have to say I'm very glad to have caught this game mention in the 'Recent Status' section from nanochess. Great deal, great game, that works perfectly with the Ultimate SD and of course BlueMSX. For those who rather just launch this puppy straight from Command Line without the use of windows navigation under the emulator, this is the command:

bluemsx.exe /machine "COL - ColecoVision with Opcode Memory Extension" /rom1 "C:\YOUR ROM PATH HERE\princess_quest_digital.rom" /romtype1 "113"

Side note: Same string (swapping ROM names of course) is utilized for PMC and Mario Bros. as well. :)

Fantastic job and thanks to all involved. I'm sure ColecoVision collectors and lovers already have a digital copy (And hopefully a cartridge one too); if not, go purchase the digital edition here. ;)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Digging up an old topic. Hope noone minds. Was wondering,whats the difference between buying this game via digital rom and the free version which PixelBoy was so gracious enough to offer for free on Christmas Day in 2014?

Does the one for sale come with any extras such as a pdf manual? Stuff like that I love allot and I'd want to buy the digital rom for stuff like that then. Also, do both the free version he gave and the one for sale play exactly the same? i ask because I like the game allot but unfortunately the game plays difficult for me and there's no continue once you loose all 7 lives. Does the one for sale offer continues or difficulty settings? Not complaining here, I appreciate that he gave the game for free,its really nice to do that. Its just that i really suck at getting far in this game :) If both the free and one for sale play identical then can someone verify this? Thanks.

Digging up an old topic. Hope noone minds. Was wondering,whats the difference between buying this game via digital rom and the free version which PixelBoy was so gracious enough to offer for free on Christmas Day in 2014?

Does the one for sale come with any extras such as a pdf manual? Stuff like that I love allot and I'd want to buy the digital rom for stuff like that then. Also, do both the free version he gave and the one for sale play exactly the same? i ask because I like the game allot but unfortunately the game plays difficult for me and there's no continue once you loose all 7 lives. Does the one for sale offer continues or difficulty settings? Not complaining here, I appreciate that he gave the game for free,its really nice to do that. Its just that i really suck at getting far in this game :) If both the free and one for sale play identical then can someone verify this? Thanks.

These are same, except the digital version has a message saying it and a small manual in a text file.

Just I forgot to delete it from Scubbly :)

BTW, Princess Quest is included with my Colecovision emulator CoolCV ;) http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240800-coolcv-emulator-for-mac-os-x-linux-and-windows/

• Like 2

These are same, except the digital version has a message saying it and a small manual in a text file.

BTW, Princess Quest is included with my Colecovision emulator CoolCV ;) http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240800-coolcv-emulator-for-mac-os-x-linux-and-windows/

Maybe you should have named the rom more descriptively, I totally missed it! Not that I need the ROM as I have the awesome original release but still...

• Like 1

Ahhh ok, thanks. :) Well I'm gonna download that emulator and try it out. I already use the blue msx emulator but I don't mind trying yours out,thank you. I like comparing emus to see the differences in them.

I just wanna say thanks so much for sharing the Princess Quest rom. Having lots of fun with this game,the scrolling so smooth and there's so much going on in the game. I guess I appreciate the rom even moreso because I don't have a Colecovision at the moment. And I'm saving to order a Colecovision with rgb mod and rebuilt controllers and someday I hope to get the sgm as well. The homebrew on the Coleco just captures my eye and its time to buy another Colecovision(my old one is so dead and I've been putting off buying a new one for awhile.) Thanks again for the info,the emulator and game!

• Like 1

Maybe you should have named the rom more descriptively, I totally missed it! Not that I need the ROM as I have the awesome original release but still...

You're right. I'll change name to princess_quest.rom for next release. I was thinking in short names for command line, but that was long ago unnecessary.

• Like 1