IGNORED

Strips, Reference Cards, Manuals, Labels and more! (HQ)

Omega-TI

Excellent conversion, Dano. I have scans of most of these documents--mostly made directly from original printouts that I received from several TI engineers. I've gone through the trouble to convert a few of the ones that I only had as a seriously degenerate scan from a really bad photocopy, so I understand how much work goes into restoring one of them. What does pique my curiosity is that you have some of them as original TI writer files--I didn't know of any of those files that survived in their electronic form. Color me interested! :)

So, the point is, these were not reproduced by me (as in typing them in by hand). These are direct print from TI-Writer to PDF (minus the 50 steps in between).

Ah, I see! So the question is should the errors be corrected? Personally, as it's no longer the original document, I would correct them.

I have such experience with PDFing the Psion 3a User Guide, but I completely rewrote it in Word, corrected the odd spelling mistake and created new screen dumps. It was a labour of love. See here :- http://www.primrosebank.net/computers/pda/psion3a/Psion%20Series%203a%20User%20Guide%20enh.pdf

Ah, I see! So the question is should the errors be corrected? Personally, as it's no longer the original document, I would correct them.

I have such experience with PDFing the Psion 3a User Guide, but I completely rewrote it in Word, corrected the odd spelling mistake and created new screen dumps. It was a labour of love. See here :- http://www.primrosebank.net/computers/pda/psion3a/Psion%20Series%203a%20User%20Guide%20enh.pdf

Holy crap, that's a lot of work for sure! Totally can appreciate your efforts on the Psion manual. I hate cleaning up scanned documents but if it's gotta be done, whatever the personal reason may be, so be it! ;-)

I'd tend to partially disagree that this isn't the original document, as it IS the original document just printed on a newer printer (PDF in this case). Unfortunately, there's no direct way to print from TI-Writer Formatter to PDF, so I have to make a bunch of temporary technology changes in between, but none of the text was altered, it's exactly as it was printed from a TI with TI-Writer cartridge and a real printer (and from the original files from TI). I have to agree, it's not original because it wasn't printed and purchased from TI back in the day. Now, could I go into the TI-Writer files and fix the typo's? Hell yeah! But, I don't have time to, and that would definitely make them not original. The few internal TI documents that I have are laiden with typo's and technical errors and that's where I just can't fill in the gaps. If a piece of assembly code has a typo, I have no idea how to fix it. Trust me, I'd so much rather have a corrected print but the time involved is WAY over my head. Collaboration could be a good solution though.

What I'd REALLY love to do is have a JAVA based TI-Writer Formatter and skip a WHOLE lot of steps of my conversion process. I'll probably end up starting a new topic for that when I'm ready to participate/help cuz I really think it would be worthwhile. Even some more simplistic like, TI-Writer to Word converter would suffice.

The ugly and nasty problems begin when the TI-Writer document contains DOT matrix printer codes (ESC). Those do not port well with anything currently available today, that I could find. Although, I did come up with a not-quick-and-dirty solution!

Anyhow, I want to make sure it's clear the documents I've proposing to provide, are EXACT printouts of the original TI files, zero alteration. I'm just providing a way to print TI-Writer Formatter files to PDF. -LOL- maybe that's what I shoulda said in the first message.

Cheers!

-D

• Like 2

Excellent conversion, Dano. I have scans of most of these documents--mostly made directly from original printouts that I received from several TI engineers. I've gone through the trouble to convert a few of the ones that I only had as a seriously degenerate scan from a really bad photocopy, so I understand how much work goes into restoring one of them. What does pique my curiosity is that you have some of them as original TI writer files--I didn't know of any of those files that survived in their electronic form. Color me interested! :)

I can't say where I came up with those but I'm pretty sure I found them on WHTech. However, they probably weren't out in the open but, more likely within a ARC file or a DSK image that I happened to stumble upon by accident.

I started saving any documents like that to a special folder for later print conversion (before I had print a solution). Of course, I didn't start doing that until I realized there was a lot more documents I wanted in PDF. Then I thought to myself, hmm... maybe I need to do something like -> save them somewhere I can find them again!!! hehe

I'd be more than happy to share what I find with you. I really try to keep my eye out for the original Writer files, cuz it don't get any better than that! Especially with those beat up internal docs that are hard to read and/or missing pages. I kinda figure that since most of the internal TI doc's were still "work in progress" that maybe, just maybe, the electronic form existed in order to make updates. That's just a wild theory, hunch, and/or hope. No proof what-so-ever that it's even the case at all.

-D

• Like 1

The electronic forms definitely existed to make updates easy, Dano--just look at the sequence of changes in each document. I'm just glad some of the original files survived, as it reduces the number of documents we need to OCR and correct manually. I've done that--it is a pain, but I'll keep on doing it because it preserves the original in the best possible way for use in the modern world. :)

And copies of the electronic TI Writer files would be nice! :) :) :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just some docs update from the TI99iuc's website i worked today :) :

Some Reference Cards:

TI-Writer TI-BASIC- (DE) TI-BASIC- (DE) TI-BASIC (USA) TI-BASIC (UK) Carte de Reference Microsoft Multiplan Microsystems
(USA) Referenzkarte v2 Referenzkarte V1 Reference Card Reference Card du BASIC (FR) Reference Card (USA) CP/M (USA)

cover.jpg cover.jpgcover.jpgcover.jpgCover.jpgcover.jpgCover.jpgcover.jpg

and >>HERE<< the link with all the Reference Cards actually loaded in the DB section-

Enjoy ! :)

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you print and store your Shift 838 Newsletters in a three ring binder, the attached file might interest you.

Just print it up, cut it out and slide it into the spine of your binder.

med_gallery_35324_1027_19097.jpg

Thanks Omega! Just what I was looking for! Edited by wyerd
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Okay, as promised, here is the Editor/Assembler - "Spine"

Now if you don't want to pay a kings ransom, you can download the ZIP and print this off and then stick it in your own cheaper binder to get that 'almost original' look.

It's a little large, but hey the letters HQ are in the title of this thread... ENJOY! :)

gallery_35324_1027_1249814.jpg

And of course if you need the manual in PDF format: << CLICK HERE >>

EA - Spine.zip

• Like 3