IGNORED

[completed] starpath supercharger boxes

riffraff

I am a bit shocked myself. Atari_Bill I sent you a 2nd chance offer on the other loose box. Winner from Canada backed out when it showed him the shipping + customs taxes or whatever via the GSP. (looks like high voltage rang in here while I was typing this)

I always wondered what it shows international bidders using the GSP what their shipping costs are when bidding on an item. Is it just a big surprise afterwards? Oh well..

Bill I'll give that Rabbit Transit for $40 (ebay wouldn't let me change the price of the second chance offer) and give free shipping if you'd like.

I am a bit shocked myself. Atari_Bill I sent you a 2nd chance offer on the other loose box. Winner from Canada backed out when it showed him the shipping + customs taxes or whatever via the GSP. (looks like high voltage rang in here while I was typing this)

I always wondered what it shows international bidders using the GSP what their shipping costs are when bidding on an item. Is it just a big surprise afterwards? Oh well..

Bill I'll give that Rabbit Transit for $40 (ebay wouldn't let me change the price of the second chance offer) and give free shipping if you'd like.

I wanted these too...sadly, I was driving when the auction ended, and I missed the chance to bid. If you have no takers on the Rabbit Transit box, let me know! Obviously, Bill has first dibbs! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PM sent!

Yeah I knew about shipping

So what did it quote you on the shipping? I'm just curious because when using the GSP it always looks like the buyer pays $7 or whatever it cost me to send the item to ebay's sorting center here. It's a great convenience (and piece of mind) to the seller, although I realize with proper taxes paid etc. it's a big pain for the buyer.

On a side note: When I did my intellivision collection sale earlier, I called ebay to find out what I could do about combining international shipping (after promising people I would do that for international orders) the representative said I could use paypal to "send an invoice" to combine items that were sold using the GSP but that I wanted to combine shipping with. It all worked out but there was no way to mail as "payment received" so no doubt some buyers maybe were a little uneasy about the whole thing. I have to say that as annoying as the GSP program is, it's much nicer for the seller to use (assuming you aren't trying to offer combined shipping) and the chance of getting ripped off gets reduced by a lot. (I've been ripped off $600+ in overseas sales in the past, even showing customs forms, post office receipts, etc. with no tracking.. ebay will always side with the buyer.. and makes me not want to ship internationally). Damn that was a bit of a tangent =)

Without using the eBay gsp you can still ship to Canada from the USA and a 1 pound package only costs about $9 to send first class...which includes free tracking. Last package I sent this way arrived in 4 days.

Not quite as easy with some other countries but a very easy option for shipping to our friends in Canada ;)

I would certainly never ship anywhere with eBay without tracking though.....that's for sure.

So what did it quote you on the shipping? I'm just curious because when using the GSP it always looks like the buyer pays $7 or whatever it cost me to send the item to ebay's sorting center here. It's a great convenience (and piece of mind) to the seller, although I realize with proper taxes paid etc. it's a big pain for the buyer.

On a side note: When I did my intellivision collection sale earlier, I called ebay to find out what I could do about combining international shipping (after promising people I would do that for international orders) the representative said I could use paypal to "send an invoice" to combine items that were sold using the GSP but that I wanted to combine shipping with. It all worked out but there was no way to mail as "payment received" so no doubt some buyers maybe were a little uneasy about the whole thing. I have to say that as annoying as the GSP program is, it's much nicer for the seller to use (assuming you aren't trying to offer combined shipping) and the chance of getting ripped off gets reduced by a lot. (I've been ripped off $600+ in overseas sales in the past, even showing customs forms, post office receipts, etc. with no tracking.. ebay will always side with the buyer.. and makes me not want to ship internationally). Damn that was a bit of a tangent =)

Shipping from US to Germany would have been $22, which is cool. I'm not in Canada.

Yes, I was bidding on both boxes at 3 o'clock in the night.

Edited by high voltage

Slightly bummed I didn't get the rest of the Starpath boxes, but excited to get the 2 tough ones. I picked up the entire run of cassettes and manuals (minus the 2 mail ins) a few years ago with no boxes however. I've been trying to find the loose games a home. :)

You could always reach out to Marc Oberhauser. He makes phenomenal reproduction boxes. That is probably what I will end up doing for rabbit transit and party mix! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You could always reach out to Marc Oberhauser. He makes phenomenal reproduction boxes. That is probably what I will end up doing for rabbit transit and party mix! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nah, I don't get into the repro boxes. Nothing in my collection is reproduction. I'll admit that they make some amazing reproduction boxes now days, but I'm not so sure that that is a great thing. Seems like it becomes that much easier to try to pass them off as the real thing on ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, I don't get into the repro boxes. Nothing in my collection is reproduction. I'll admit that they make some amazing reproduction boxes now days, but I'm not so sure that that is a great thing. Seems like it becomes that much easier to try to pass them off as the real thing on ebay.

Marc makes amazing boxes, but he's not interested in doing existing boxes. I wonder if I can encourage him for a Mogul Maniac box?

Marc makes amazing boxes, but he's not interested in doing existing boxes. I wonder if I can encourage him for a Mogul Maniac box?

Send a PM to ShyOne, she made boxes for Off Your Rocker, Surf's Up and Mogul Maniac. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I have an extra NIB PAL Rabbit Transit, shrinkwrap split on the top. Box is the same as the NTSC one, just a small PAL sticker.