IGNORED

[WATARA] [VECTREX] Flash cart rewritable multigame cartridge available

jfmateos

I have developed a USB Burner compatible with Vectrex and Watara named MVBD, and blank rewritable cartridges for these two consoles:

• MWRMC 8in1: Can store up to 8 64 kB Watara games.
  • MVRMC 16in1: Can store up to 16 32 kB or up to 8 64 kB Vectrex games.
  • MVRMC 4in1: Can store up to 4 32kB or up to 2 64 kB Vectrex games.

MVBD plugs to your computer through an USB port and disguises itself as a MSD (mass storage device), as it was a pendrive, so you will not need to install additional software to use it (apart from the USB MSD driver that is already included in most of today´s operating systems, as Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS and Ubuntu).

To copy a ROM you just have to drag it to the burner drive.

TUTORIAL_BURNING.JPG

There is more information at: http://www.vectrex.hackermesh.org/index.php/en/

I am offering these items through ebay.es:

Thanks.

• Like 4

OK thanks. It's weird because eBay says :

This page may have moved or is no longer available. Please try one of the following:

Instead of : this item was blocked in your country" so I supposed there was a link problem or something.

Anyway I'll check it out.

Of course CatPix... Here it is cased into Crystalball cartridge.

ZlQIA.jpg

Purrsome!

Maybe Mateos could provide us a lil printable logo for the cart? That would be a plus. If not I'll see what I can get on my side ^^ I'll try to get a less huge knob too I think so I can fit the cart anywhere with nofear of ripping the know off.

Edited by CatPix

Dear Psychedelic... I have been stuying atari 2600/7800 and Gameboy, but I would consider any suggestion (I am more a programmer/engineer than a gamer).

Whhich console would you like?

The Intellivision has recently been graced with a BASIC compiler. I'm sure there are enthusiasts that would like to test their games on a real machine.

JFM is covering many of the old dead systems I like. I can tell you his that Vectrex MVBD and MVRMC combo kits are even easier to use than it might appear.

Maybe in the future JFM will produce a cart with larger size memory for some really big ROM that other platforms can use.

It's nice to be able to use the kit on Ubuntu and CentOS.

Edited by Vectrexer

• 3 weeks later...

I received mine today... or, well, I received it during the last 3 weeks but I wasn't at home.

I tried it for my Supervision and it works fine!

Well I had trouble figuring first how to put many game at once, because the very first try didn't seem to work; but maybe I inserted the cart a bit sideway and the contacts were wrong. Anyway, now I can enjoy multiple and hard to find games for my Supervision on the same cart ^^

I have ordered the Vectrex 16in1 multicart, and the Burner/Dumper.

I ordered from eBay, but needed the links here to get the items to show up in USA eBay.

At first I ordered the Watara cart in error. Had to cancel, and the seller was very quick to fix my stupid mistake.

I ordered the correct 2 items, but "Buy It Now" has you pay for it right away, so you can't order two items and wait for a combined invoice. I could not "combine shipping." Ouch.

• 4 months later...

I'm not sure there is any Supervision flashcart.... There is probably no Supervision multicart.

I think this cart exists only because by a stroke of luck, Vectrex and Supervision ROM are close enough in size and specs...

Have you checked jfmateo's site and sent him an email?

• Like 1

I'm not sure there is any Supervision flashcart.... There is probably no Supervision multicart.

I think this cart exists only because by a stroke of luck, Vectrex and Supervision ROM are close enough in size and specs...

Have you checked jfmateo's site and sent him an email?

I've PM'ed him, and I hope he will reply here.

I will going to buy a Vectrex soon, so this is actually a good 2-in-1 flashcart for me :D

Wow, just saw this thread...very cool.

I wonder if there is anyway the watara multicart could be made capable of playing the game journey to the west.

I own the cart but it is only playable on the magnum version of the supervision and the cart is undumped. But I would like to have it dumped and if it could be played on this it would be really cool! :)

• Like 1