IGNORED

TI Disks

airernie

The most recently uploaded files are rar files with a .zip extension.

You are correct.

The site will be offline while I correct the suffixs, etc. I was using an older version of WinZip which didn't have command line support. Going to WinRAR gave me that, plus paths, etc. I kept the .zip extension hoping that the WinZip would still open it. It appears that, at least the older version I have doesn't, but I had to go to one of my backup machines to test.

So, it's rename, alter html files, etc.

Based on my work schedule it should be back online tomorrow afternoon, or Tuesday morning

Again, sorry for the hassle. This is becoming somewhat of a learning experience.

Ernie

It's all Dano's fault. If I had not seen those labels with the system he's selling I would have been satisfied with what I had. But nooooo!

Tell me about it!! But, you're not off the hook either! I saw the cartridge label for the 8K Supercart that Dano credited you for..... So, way to raise the bar guys!!

• Like 1

The site will be offline while I correct the suffixs, etc. I was using an older version of WinZip which didn't have command line support. Going to WinRAR gave me that, plus paths, etc. I kept the .zip extension hoping that the WinZip would still open it. It appears that, at least the older version I have doesn't, but I had to go to one of my backup machines to test.

I'm pretty sure ZIP format also supports the directory structure. Just make sure you choose the ZIP radio button for Archive type instead of RAR. That should ZIP it up just like you had but with true ZIP extension.

-Dano

PS: HOW THE HELL DO I EMBED PICTURES?????

post-30710-0-34736300-1395631218_thumb.jpg

Tell me about it!! But, you're not off the hook either! I saw the cartridge label for the 8K Supercart that Dano credited you for..... So, way to raise the bar guys!!

I had to one up him. ;-)

Actually, I made those labels specifically because of that auction. I realized that there is no way in hell I was writing that by hand for two sets (I'm keeping my copy) so I took a few days and made up labels for everything. I'll have to admit, Kevan did inspire me.

Having an actual label printer REALLY helps. When I screw up, I only lose one label that way. With the Avery's sheets, I lose a whole sheet of labels at a time. I won't run a partial sheet of labels through my laser printer. Seen the office folks do that enough that I decided I didn't need to learn the hard way on that one.

Cheers!

-Dano

I'm pretty sure ZIP format also supports the directory structure. Just make sure you choose the ZIP radio button for Archive type instead of RAR. That should ZIP it up just like you had but with true ZIP extension.

-Dano

PS: HOW THE HELL DO I EMBED PICTURES?????

Hi Dano,

Thanks. Just got off work and looked at WinRAR.

I found the option did a batch file. It appears to have worked because Windows 7 compression will open it correctly. I'm going to try it on my second machine yesterday using WinZip 11.

If all is well then it's a simple matter of re-compressing the files in the zip format and uploading them to my site.

I would still like to figure out why "#" escaped with %23 in the URL works great, but "+" escaped with %2B results in a 404.

Ernie

I found the option did a batch file. It appears to have worked because Windows 7 compression will open it correctly. I'm going to try it on my second machine yesterday using WinZip 11.

Uh.... "going to try it on my second machine yesterday..." I'm a little confused, you can test in the future yesterday? You have a secret time machine going on there?

Also, here's another uber cool feature of WinRAR (or RAR actually):

post-30710-0-21833600-1395636369_thumb.jpg

The ability to not compress certain file types by extension. Very handy if you're doing backups on directories and sub-directories blindly.

If you end up using the GUI version of RAR (WinRAR) and decide to use some of those nifty features; be sure to set them as your defaults so you don't have to do it every time. Choose the "Create default..." under compression profiles.

post-30710-0-75350700-1395636682_thumb.jpg

Cheers!

-Dano

Edited by CantStopClicking

Between Taxes, Obmacare and these TI downlaods, I can't5 seem to figure how to downlaod.

There's your problem; you simply can't do all three things, they're incompatible. Taxes + Obamacare = not fun, TI Downloads = fun.

Ok, joking aside. Ernie is still working on technical glitches. He's got an actual message with info now stating to stay posted, instead of a 404, which could be mis-leading. It has been working but I assume with the quantity that he's dealing with he's had to restructure his method of dispersion.

So, hang tight!

-Dano

I promised an update, so here it is.

I have created a directory on WHT under emulators/pc99 titled "pc99 dsk collection". As a result the pergrem.com/tidisks web page will go away.

Plans are to incldue a readme file in each main subdirectory that contains a list of the TI disknames and contents of each file. That's not going to happen immediately, but I will be uploading the zip files over the next few days/weeks.

I have not done any comprehensive testing, so if you run into issues please let me know and I will correct them.

Thanks,

Ernie

• Like 1

Plans are to incldue a readme file in each main subdirectory that contains a list of the TI disknames and contents of each file. That's not going to happen immediately, but I will be uploading the zip files over the next few days/weeks.

You are the man! Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this, for us!

You might wanna check out this thread in regards to the "contents of each file".

Here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/223593-command-line-for-disk-images-available/

Cheers!

-Dano

Edited by CantStopClicking

[OT]

How does one insert a link to a blog entry? I used BBCode Special with Blog Entry and then entered the message ID, but that didn't work. What am I missing?

You need the actual ID entered into AtariAge's database, which you should see at the bottom of the page when you hover over the entry link. As an example, here is @Willsy's blog (ID=472) and his 3rd entry (ID=9443).

...lee

I've been diving deep and exploring all of the great content Ernie has made available -- thanks again Ernie, this is quite a gift!!

I realized it would be a lot easier to explore and use my HDX, if I unzipped all of the files at one time, so I wrote a quick and dirty DOS batch file to recursively scan a directory structure and unzip every zip file it finds.

Paste the following script into notepad and save the file as "unzipr.bat" or whatever you want to call it. Save it in the top most directory of the folder structure you wish to unzip. Then pull up a dos prompt and cd to that folder and simply run the command (e.g. c:\Ernies_Greatist_hits> unzipr.bat ). The script will proceed to find all zip files in the folder structure and unzip each one.

Note: I created a directory named "c:\disk" as the destination where I want the files to be unzipped. You can change this in the script to something else if you like.

@echo off
FOR /R %%a IN (*.zip) DO (
unzip "%%a" -d c:\disk
)

Edited by Cory
  • Like 1