IGNORED

Best Multi-Player Games on the Jag

Rick Dangerous

Okay, so I think I am ready to introduce my friends to the world of Jaguar. I want to make a good first impression to get people on board and excited about the console as a good niche retro platform that they could see themselves getting into. Usually this is done with multiple controllers, a case of beer, and some temporary couch re-arrangement. I searched to forum and didn't find much on this topic. What would you say are the overall most satisfying 2-4 player games? I do have the team tap, 4 controllers, and Jag Links, so don't hold back.

I am thinking for starters NBA Jam, Doom (co-op mode via jag links), and Tempest 2k. What else did you guys love to play with friends? I would say simultaneous play is preferable to alternating, but don't be afraid to mention good alternating games as well if they are worth a mention.

Thanks,

-Rick

Atari Karts and NBA Jam for sure. Kasumi Ninja & Ultra Vortek are a couple of good fighters too.

Brutal Sports Football, Club Drive, World Tour Racing, Pinball Fantasies, Power Drive Rally and Worms!

Breakout 2000 is the makes for some good simultaneous action as well.

Okay, so I think I am ready to introduce my friends to the world of Jaguar. I want to make a good first impression to get people on board and excited about the console as a good niche retro platform that they could see themselves getting into. Usually this is done with multiple controllers, a case of beer, and some temporary couch re-arrangement. I searched to forum and didn't find much on this topic. What would you say are the overall most satisfying 2-4 player games? I do have the team tap, 4 controllers, and Jag Links, so don't hold back.

I am thinking for starters NBA Jam, Doom (co-op mode via jag links), and Tempest 2k. What else did you guys love to play with friends? I would say simultaneous play is preferable to alternating, but don't be afraid to mention good alternating games as well if they are worth a mention.

Thanks,

-Rick

I think International Soccer... I forget which one it is (maybe Sensible Soccer?) The one where after a goal, it shows a fat dude, and another dude in a soccer jersey jumping up for joy in a still image.

My buddy and I used to play that (usually while drinking) and it was hilarious... awesome game.

Expressway 2 Players :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Expressway 3 or 4 players :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Look forward to seeing Expressway+ on a CD with multitap capability.

Expressway?!? What's that?

EDIT: never mind, I found it, guess I missed it when released.

Edited by Gunstar

Here are a few of my favorites that I have played with my children over the years....

- NBA Jam

- Super Burnout

- World Tour Racing

- Tempest 2000

- BattleSphere / Gold (Absolutely fantastic in mulitplayer!)

- Primal Rage (I highly recommend some of the finishing moves)

- Atari Karts

- Doom (Really enjoy this one, but the crashing can be very annoying)

Your location is awesome. Where I live, nobody knows what the hell an Atari Jaguar is. They think it's the second one produced or something.

Not really it was just me that had the Jag, but I would bring it to the student lounge, dorm rooms, and apartments to play. We would have lots of tourneys: Madden 93/94 on Genesis, Super Tecmo Bowl and Street Fighter 2 on SNES, We even had Tempest 2K contests for high scores and we played other Jag games a lot too. BSF was my worst Jag game I owned, so they saw most of the good and was really impressed(AVP,Doom, etc). All that changed in 95, when they saw Ridge Racer and Toshinden on PSX. The Jag didn't get that much play anymore(by myself included). Ironically we found another future spots game on PSX to have tournaments in: Dead Ball Zone. They would even recall the good old days of BSF: cutting off a players head and chucking it at the ball carrier.

Thanks,

-Rick

Seriously Rick...

If we take our biased goggles off for a few seconds, the Jag really isn't the best machine at entertaining more than 1-2 individuals at any one time.

Sure, you can play Worms & NBA JAM TE with them via a multitap, however, they're not really the sort of titles that ooze the individuality of the Jag or show off it's capabilities.

Honestly, you're better off digging out your N64, Dreamcast or Gamecube instead. They had LOADS of great 4P options.

Keep the Jag between you and the one mate who you think will appreciate its angle. Failing that, you could mix the Jag and Worms/NBA JAM TE in amongst a slew of console gaming that evening, but I wouldn't structure an evening around the 4P shenanigans of that one machine.

Of course... just my opinion.

• Like 2