IGNORED

Best flash drive solution?

I recently got a Mega ST4 up and running, and I'm researching flash drive options. Looks like the UltraSatan is the one that keeps coming up on searches, and they are for sale on eBay, though a bit spendy due to currency conversion. Are there any others?

I'm mainly going to use it to try out games and play around, nothing serious. I also have a 520STFM, so I guess anything that works with both would be a plus.

I recommend you that be very careful with eBay sales - there is lot of incorrect data, and possibly you will pay too much for something misadvertised.

Best that order UltraSatan from Lotharek.

There is more expensive Suska Gigafile - don't see that will be better in gaming. UltraSatan works fine on Mega STs, 520STFM ... Generally on all Atari ST, STE, Mega ST(E) machines.

When I was looking at these options, I decided with the HxC as the vast majority of games (ALL of them actually) I play on my ST are disk based, and all the HxC does is allow ST images to be loaded to the ST as if they were floppies. The UltraSatan looked cool, but there seems to be much more involved with setting it up than I am willing to deal with, and games had to be patched to run from the HD (some games that expect to run from floppy I suppose..or many?)

In any case, the HxC was fast and easy and will get you up and running launching the thousands of floppy images available online. Works with any of the ST models, Amiga too. Neat device. I am actually selling mine (shameless plug) in the marketplace if you are looking for one.

Edited by eightbit