IGNORED

Laser Hawk (and a quick Ducks Ahoy)

playsoft

The full range is 01 to E4 with a centre around 70 - like ON gets with his Wico. Standard sticks tend not to be as good but have more range than yours.

I used Kenfused's joystick code in Laser Hawk (it was better than mine) - you need a value of A4 or greater for right/down but you are only getting 90/9A.

I guess you could try calibrating the 5200 pot or I can send you versions of C3 and LH adjusted for your sticks.

PM sent!

I have some other stuff to be getting on with now but I will try and do one port a month. I do have Pool running on the 5200 but I want to try and make use of the analogue joystick before releasing it.

I'd really like to see games that can be modded to support both digital and analog joysticks. That would really differentiate 5200 homebrew and hacked titles. Same with throwing in TrakBall support too, when appropriate. That's kinda like how I feel with 7800 titles, that they should all support HSC and Pokey audio.

mr robot

mean 18 (do we have a golf game?)

ace of aces

desert falcon

hardball

superman 3

tower toppler

aztec challenge

hard hat mac (i used to play the heck out of that on a 8088 cga computer at school)

colony 7

flight simulator 2

floyd of the jungle

gumball

baja buggies

bumperball

golden gloves

quazimoto

moon lander

tutti frooty

ghostbusters

spare change

alley cat

billiards

Most of those were XE games, though I suppose the 5200 "might" be able to handle with the AtariMax SD. I would love Superman III, just because I am a Superman fan. Though that movie stunk!

Edited by Greg2600

Tried Atari Blast. Wow. The visuals were amazing. Excited to see how this pans out. Any thoughts of doing a "bomb" or other button function? I also like the style of the transition between levels. Great work.

It is not going to have Xevious style bombs as I want to keep the fast pace going but there will probably be smart bombs. Currently it is about getting all the basic features in place and then work will start on making it playable.

Is Mr. Do! a game that can be converted tot he 5200? Thanks for Laser Hawk!

Other than games which run on a 16K machine, you can't say for sure whether something would run on a 5200 without working out how much RAM it needs. From a quick look at the game I'd guess it was possible though.

i wonder if there is some way to set up a fund for paul lay i would send him a couple bucks toward the promise of another conversion of just about anything

That is most kind but no, if anyone gets anything for these it should be the original authors as they remain 99% their original code. I think calling them "ports" or "conversions" makes it sound like there is more to it than there really is. Perhaps saying they are "adapted" is more accurate.

While ATARI BLAST! is in development I wouldn't want to tackle any complicated ones, but the occasional simple one is a satisfying break from the main development project.

Other than games which run on a 16K machine, you can't say for sure whether something would run on a 5200 without working out how much RAM it needs. From a quick look at the game I'd guess it was possible though.

That's cool to know. I hope it becomes a reality. :)