IGNORED

Video Game Pickups Youtube Series

mtilly

Alhough there is a thread titled "The Official Thrift Find Thread," I figured since this isn't a thrift find, that I would make my own. I have been getting more serious into collecting, and have made a lot more purchases on Craigslist, Ebay, and other places online to "grow" my collection. I decided that since I come across a lot of deals and purchases, that I would go over every "pickup" that I come across. I have already started the youtube series, but will keep adding to this thread as I obtain more games.

Here is episode #5 of my "Video Game Pickups" series. There is lots more to come, but for now, let me know what you think! :)

• Like 3

The Light Gun from Lethal Enforcers can be worth infinite dollars if used right. Paint it black then walk into any store and reap the "rewards" or pay the price if you are not careful.

I can use the cord as a lasso as well :D

UPDATE! - Pickup #7

Scored a Boxed copy of 8 Eyes and Dash Galazy <<<( LOOKING FOR MANUALS TO COMPLETE THESE GAMES) >>>

I also picked up:

Ice Climber

Alien 3

Super Mario Bros. 3

Life Force

free Super Mario Bros. 2 Manual and a dust Cover

TOTAL PAID: $25

Edited by mtilly

I never tried Craigslist for my gaming wants. But heck, I'll see what they have to offer in my area of the woods!

Anthony...

Just put an ad in the wanted section saying you're looking for retro video games. They'll come to you.

I'll try it one day! But I hope I don't get a predator or a looney writing back. After listening to "Craigslist" by Weird Al Yankovic. I gotta be careful.

Anthony...

I've been finding games on craigslist for 2-3 years now. Best thing to do is use the automated email relay on craigslist. It will ask for an address and zip. put a random zip code or one that is far from you and uncheck the "show street and address" box at the bottom. ALWAYS meet in a public place where lots of people are around. If you feel intimidated or you feel that the seller is/looks scetchy, don't leave your car. Just a few pro-tips :)

I agree. Make sure there are plenty of witnesses if possible because some people have been killed recently. You probably know about the PS4 robbery-murder.

No actually I haven't heard about that but I believe it. There was a guy a year ago that got beat with a bat over an ipad. Multiple people rushed into his apartment and robbed him. Like I said, facebook "buy, sell, trade" pages are the way to go. Everyone I've purchased stuff from on facebook pages are always super nice :)

UPDATE! - Pickup #8

Scored 9 NES games...

R.B.I. Baseball (Tengen)

Tecmo NBA Basketball

Tecmo Bowl

Bo Jackson Baseball

NFL Power Play

Baseball Stars

Demon Sword

Mike Tyson's Punch-out!!

The Legend of Zelda

Edited by mtilly
  • Like 1

Speaking of Craigslist, My parents have a 1991 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer and my brother has a 1993 Explorer XLT that they purchased from two sellers from the Bronx using the site for $700 bucks each! They still have them and they both work like champs! Since I keep hearing about great pick ups on CL, I think I'll start putting ads up for games now

Anthony...

Speaking of Craigslist, My parents have a 1991 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer and my brother has a 1993 Explorer XLT that they purchased from two sellers from the Bronx using the site for $700 bucks each! They still have them and they both work like champs! Since I keep hearing about great pick ups on CL, I think I'll start putting ads up for games now

Anthony...

Built ford tough! I copied your signature by the way, so don't hate me ;)