IGNORED

NIADs Original 135 ColecoVision Games List

NIAD

The tricky part of this new list that I have made is that in my honest opinion, it is not a true Collectors List. If you want a true Collectors List, then stick with my other list that I have been maintaining for years and is provided at the end of Post #01. I see this new "Originals" list as more of a "I want to sit down and play all the games that were made for the ColecoVision during it's lifespan either via actual carts or thru an AtariMax MultiCart" checklist and if people want to use it as a basis to keep track of their collection... so be it, but my other list would be a much better list to use.

Thanks for sharing your opinions as well as the props. One thing is a certainty with all of this and that is there will never be 100% agreement by everyone concerning all this.

For me, the thing about this list is that NIAD identifies those games released during CV's "lifespan", i.e., through its corporate support and before discontinuation. He also seems to have sussed out where things were released geographically. Why is this useful to me? Because as a collector, I can decide how much of a completist I want to be (here I also want to acknowledge the cart only, CIB, and NIB divisions). I could limit myself (as I do with my Atari 2600 collection) to games only released in North America (although I do have a few PAL titles) and feel like I have "completed" the set (or subset) of my collection. I made the decision years ago not to collect homebrews. I'm glad that people continue to support these (now) legacy systems, but I decided, as a collector, only to go for corporate releases (I consider these "official" in a way that homebrews and protos aren't). Now you could say I'm missing out on some fun games, but I could get the ROM and use an emulator to play them, or you could say I'm missing out on a potential investment (watching how high some of these "limited" releases have gone...but also seeing very nasty comments about profiteering related to those releases), but for my own parameters of collecting I'm quite content with the "rules" I established for myself. (BTW, please pardon all the scare quotes, I seem to be overusing them this morning.) I still have enough NA released titles to keep me hunting, and I'm ambivalent toward the Bit Corp. titles, and like other collections I have some things merely because they're part of the collection, not because I necessarily am fond of them.

• Like 1

I asked the seller of the Bit Corp. games I acquired (who lives in Italy) if he had ever seen a Strike-It! CIB and he stated that he never ran across one or heard of anyone that had one. He also said it wouldn't surprise him if it did indeed exist.

• 3 months later...

Missing 36 CIB in the Original 135. That's too much.

I counted my two German Quelle Spectravideo releases Super Cross Force and Spectron for now as they came with a dedicated cardboard box but no rereleases by TeleGames (One-on-One, Evolution,...)

BTW: If you include the BitCorp games, the TeleGames games ;) must be included as well.

• 4 years later...
  • 8 months later...