IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Anyone here still playing Metal Slug? Let's see how many say YES

Hi Harris,

Thank you for enlisting onto Atariage and participating on, The Official NEO-GEO Thread. Were glad to have you here my good man. Welcome aboard! :waving:

In regards to your posting, you bet! :) Love Metal Slug and the amazing library of titles that the franchise alone has to offer. It certainly never gets dull playing those run n gun game that's for sure.

Thank you for dropping by Harris. Come by anytime. You're always welcome.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Samurai Shodown II SAMURAI SPIRITS #覇王丸地獄変 #snk #neogeo CD #arcade #ネオジオ CD advertising paper french vol.1

Translated from Indonesian by BingWrong translation?

Could not translate Tweet

C7bpPVFX4AAS48I.jpg
0 replies0 retweets2 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Samurai Shodown II SAMURAI SPIRITS #覇王丸地獄変 #snk #neogeo CD #arcade #ネオジオ CD advertising paper french vol.2

Translated from Indonesian by BingWrong translation?

Could not translate Tweet

C7bqftVXQAEN3A0.jpg
0 replies0 retweets1 like
Retweet
Liked

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

0 replies1 retweet1 like
Retweet
Liked

By Jonathan Balosky
7B9D62DE-7333-4466-8620-E090D0D3806A.jpg

When the Arcade Archive Neo Geo series was announced to be coming to Nintendo Switch, one of the titles I was hoping would come the most was Waku Waku 7. Yes, Metal Slug 3 is popular and KOF 98 is one of the most well known fighting games on the Neo Geo, but Waku Waku 7 is an underrated gem that deserves more attention.

To be frank, this is one of the most unusual and off beat fighting games ever made. The cast of characters are ones who are parodies of other games, of anime, manga, comics and of movies, (Japanese as well as western made), such as shotoclones, sword fighters, anime action girls, and more. This game also happens to be one of the most awesome fighting games you can play, out of the entire genre. it has that special charm of being easy to learn but difficult to master, and being fun to play and enjoy.

The game releasing on the Switch is significant, as while the game had a western release in arcades, it lacked any presence on the home console scene. It did receive home console releases , however those were only in Japan and not released overseas. This makes the Switch release stand out more, as this is one of the first times western players will get to play this.

The fighting is excellent with fun visuals that shine on the Switch, especially now that the games have been patched. To give some reference, the visuals have that look that games like Street Fighter III and Darkstalkers had, and yet still feel like they are depicted in the SNK style, which holds up well. The music in the game is absolutely fantastic. It switches from off beat sounds, to fun and energetic ones, to some music that really gets you into the fight.

There are great characters, each feeling alive and unique, as well as a ridiculous yet decent plot that works. Combine all that with the fun gameplay, and I cannot understand why this game has languished in obscurity for so long. Now given new life with an arcade perfect port on the Switch, hopefully that can change. There are issues, don't get me wrong. The difficulty ramps up very fast as you progress, which can catch someone off guard, and learning the moves can take a while. That said, this is all standard for a Neo Geo fighting game.

To be honest, I would love to see a modern sequel that continues the story and even adds to the parodies. As mentioned, this is a very significant release for the game, and I am hoping it sells well enough that there will be interest for a new game. I would love for this series to come back and become a stable of the eSports scene. Until then. this is one that every Switch owner should pick up. It is that worth it!

Anthony..

I kind of hate myself for it but I'm semi-tempted to buy that Neo Turf Masters on Switch. I have no motivation to at all given I have it already in that legal rom set from the Humble Bundle 25th Neo Geo Anniversary pack of stand alone arcade games, and I even have a full matching MVS kit of it as well, plus I got it for on the go with my iphone too...yet still, it taunts me. It's like the best golf game I've enjoyed in ages since like old Mario Golf on GBC, the Hot Shots formula basically.

I'm eyeballing another MVS pickup from a seller I've dealt with before on ebay currently that ends somewhat soon, also a pile of solid quality NGPCs are going in the next period as well. I'm going to try and bag something especially with that NGPC flash kit of SAINT due anytime soon.

• Like 2

I kind of hate myself for it but I'm semi-tempted to buy that Neo Turf Masters on Switch. I have no motivation to at all given I have it already in that legal rom set from the Humble Bundle 25th Neo Geo Anniversary pack of stand alone arcade games, and I even have a full matching MVS kit of it as well, plus I got it for on the go with my iphone too...yet still, it taunts me. It's like the best golf game I've enjoyed in ages since like old Mario Golf on GBC, the Hot Shots formula basically.

I'm eyeballing another MVS pickup from a seller I've dealt with before on ebay currently that ends somewhat soon, also a pile of solid quality NGPCs are going in the next period as well. I'm going to try and bag something especially with that NGPC flash kit of SAINT due anytime soon.

Sounds like a good plan Tanooki. More MVS pickups and NGPC game would be excellent to have in your impressive collection. You're always welcome to post your pics so we can be amazed even more! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. New DLC characters! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

C7kHPIZXwAAbP9G.jpg
    8 replies87 retweets149 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
  2. New DLC characters! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

C7kHBxsXgAAegG8.jpg
    6 replies259 retweets160 likes
    Retweet
    Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

C7jRUV4XUAIorz6.jpg
C7jRUV8XQAA93Ge.jpg
C7jRUV_W4AEA4AP.jpg
C7jRUV6XkAEj_PQ.jpg
0 replies0 retweets1 like
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Today marks the 3rd year anniversary of "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" on Atariage.com!

Its been another amazing year in which we were able to bring members together and having discussions regarding anything related to the Neo-Geo and SNK. I would like to take the opportunity to thank Albert, the moderators, the members, and guest that come by, reply, and look at the postings that are available to view for the general public pertaining to the Neo-Geo and its platforms. As mention before, the Neo-Geo thread had concerns and uncertainties involving how will it work and benefit others. After careful planning and good concepts. We were able to make this thread work and help benefit long time and new Neo-Geo players. :)

Before the thread became available, Atariage had little discussions that involved the Neo-Geo. But being a Neo-Geo player, owner, and enthusiast.....I felt it was time to introduce something new and fresh for the community here on the site. So far, we have 7712+ replies, and 187,300+ views and counting! A nice accomplishment so far in my opinion.

The Official NEO-GEO Thread motivated our members to establish other popular threads such as,

The Official TurboGrafix-16 Thread.

The Official Game Boy Thread.

The 3DO Thread.

The Sega Dreamcast Thread

The SNES/Super Famicom Discussion Thread

Nuon Game System & Discussion Thread

The Make a Label/Box Into Something Funny Cool Thread

The Battle of the Ports Thread

Hi-Score Today Thread

Analogue NY Mini Core Video Recommended Thread

If you have a moment, please support them in which they offer to benefit others in the community. So much insightful information that is posted on these threads that will be to your liking! :)

Plus, the Neo-Geo thread help enlist 27 new members to Atariage and would like to thank the following that joined because of it.

VeryEvilAsh

MetalPixelGamer

StuartJi210

Bryron's Reviews

Yakumo1975

TopTierArcade

C_Dingo

Neo 64

mmertes

RedGamer

JJChallenger

Games of Reference

tuna sashemie

FGFchris

TurkVanGogHGamerz

Slushy Bandits

davidgilmor

The_Analogrhythm_Project

Atari Fitness

benjiedude

thorodinson

Samuray

Tanooki

The RestartPoint

jeff218GustavXIII

RetroMarky

As usual, "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" is open to all. If you have any inquiries or you're a gamer, reviewer, programmer, troubleshooter, developer, publisher, or anything else that you would like to contribute relating to the Neo-Geo or SNK/P, please feel free to PM me, or post here. You're welcome to do so.

Thank you all for the personal support and thank you for supporting "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" on Atariage.com. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 3