IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Cool video. I love that original American white boxed Neo Geo.

Hi Glynn,

Welcome Aboard to Atariage.com. Thank you for participating on The Official NEO-GEO Thread. :)

Please enjoy your stay and were glad to see you here posting on the exciting Atariage forums with the many discussions that it have to offer. Feel free to look around for your convenience and revert to the many pages that we accumulated here on the Neo-Geo thread, Hopefully, we have a posting(s) that will be a benefit for you to help in your Neo-Geo endeavors! If you have any inquires or concerns that you would like to address, you're more than welcome to write here that pertaining to the Neo-Geo! :)

Thank you again Glynn for enlisting and posting on the Neo-Geo thread on Atariage.com :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

KOF WORLDのカレンダーでしたね!1998年2728.png 私の宝物です(●^o^●)pic.twitter.com/Ib2ydAQvYC

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Was a KOF WORLD Calendar! 1998 is my treasure (●^ o ^●)

DFZDUF5W0AAtW9p.jpg
DFZDWnOXUAAfq69.jpg
DFZDZGwXkAE2bUa.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 皆さんに見てほしい…98アプリのこの再現力の高さ。 紅丸さんて98時代は目の色がブラウンで、アプリのノーマル紅丸さんも同じ。2003は目の色がスカイブルー。アプリもちゃんとスカイブルー2728.pngピアスの形もネイルもちゃんと再現されてて感動…1f602.png#KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/Dscxt6ojVw

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Hope to see you guys. The height of this reproduction of the 98 apps. Benimaru, have 98:00 is eye color is Brown, the same apps normal Kurenai-San. 2003 eye color is sky blue. App and sky blue is reproduced and piercing-also nails, have been impressed. #KOF98UMOL

DFZHJ1RXsAAOTip.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with The DarkAce doing another great soundtrack for us to listen to. Here's Benimaru Nikaido's theme from the King of Fighters series. :)

Benimaru Nikaido

The King of Fighters '94: Esaka (Hero Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 0:38

The King of Fighters '94: Esaka (Hero Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 3:04

The King of Fighters '95: Funky Esaka (Hero Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 6:54

The King of Fighters '95: Funky Esaka (Hero Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 9:21

The King of Fighters '96: Esaka? (Japan Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 12:56

The King of Fighters '96: Esaka? (Japan Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 16:37

The King of Fighters '98: Esaka? (Japan Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 21:37

The King of Fighters '98: Esaka? (Japan Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 25:46

The King of Fighters '99: KD-0079 (Hero Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 30:18

The King of Fighters '99: KD-0079 (Hero Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 33:22

The King of Fighters 2000: Inner Shade (Benimaru Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 37:34

The King of Fighters 2000: Inner Shade (Benimaru Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 41:00

The King of Fighters 2001: Flame of Invincibility (Japan Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 45:28

The King of Fighters 2001: Flame of Invincibility (Japan Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 46:48

The King of Fighters 2002: J (Japan Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 49:23

The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match: ESAKA!! (Japan Team) Theme (XBLA) OST 52:18

The King of Fighters 2003: Joyrider (Japan Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 55:35

The King of Fighters 2003: Joyrider (Japan Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 58:38

The King of Fighters XI: Queen (Rivals Team) Theme (PS2) OST 1:01:46

The King of Fighters XI: Queen (Rivals Team) Theme (PS2) AST 1:04:51

The King of Fighters XIII: Esaka Continues... (Japan Team) Theme (PS3/Xbox 360/Steam) OST 1:07:58

The King of Fighters XIII: Esaka ~Acid Remix~ (Japan Team) Theme (PS3/Xbox 360/Steam) OST -Type B- 1:11:00

The King of Fighters XIV: Yappari ESAKA (Japan Team) Theme (PS4/Steam) OST 1:15:05
Anthony..
Edited by fdurso224

The ACA thingy on Switch is awesome! Theres so many grate Neo games on Switch, my only problem is, as much as I love the Switch the battery isn't that great! In portable mode I can rinse it from 100% to under 10% in a single hour session of Garou or Splatoon2. Yet my old NeoPocket Id get close to a week outta 2 AAs playing the awesome SNK vs Capcom for a couple hours a day! I no the NGPC and the Switch are light-years apart spec wise, no backlight and all that, but for me as a portable hand-held the Switch don't cut it! I wish Nintendo had put a better battery in it!

MJ

• Like 1

I just watched a longplay of cyper-lip. I have to say the game has a very awesome ending.

I agree Evan.

What use to spook the daylights out of me as a boy is when the government official showed his true side of him and was an alien after all. Really made my jaw dropped at the time. :skull:

Anthony..

The ACA thingy on Switch is awesome! Theres so many grate Neo games on Switch, my only problem is, as much as I love the Switch the battery isn't that great! In portable mode I can rinse it from 100% to under 10% in a single hour session of Garou or Splatoon2. Yet my old NeoPocket Id get close to a week outta 2 AAs playing the awesome SNK vs Capcom for a couple hours a day! I no the NGPC and the Switch are light-years apart spec wise, no backlight and all that, but for me as a portable hand-held the Switch don't cut it! I wish Nintendo had put a better battery in it!

MJ

Which I find it surprising for a company that's been notorious for battery longevity that made Nintendo's handheld division so successful MJ.

Down the line they'll offer better battery technology to greatly improve the concerns with fellow gamers regarding it. But I do have to admit, the Switch is doing a great job attracting gamers to play these Neo-Geo classics that I see more video's involving gamers playing the titles on the Switch rather than the PS4 and Xbox One. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Anthony..

Yeah defiantly agree its introducing all these new gamers to the Neo-Geo which can only be a good thing.

And again agree, Nintendo are normally shit hot with batteries and sort, I don't think my Switch is 'faulty' or a 'bad one' I think the battery is just pretty poor. I don't get anywhere near the 2 and a half to 4 hours they said in the reveal trailer thats for sure!

Still trying to find someone who will mod my bloody CDZ too! lol

MJ

• Like 1

Lol that was a fun day! The lighter-haired Anthony was my friend's little brother, and the other one was his best friend at the time. These kids probably never saw a Neo-Geo home unit before that day lol!

Wow what a cool home video of a by-gone era bro! I bet they were the coolest kids around with an AES! Sounds like fun indeed! Now I'm all nostalgic.

-Aaron

• Like 3

"Yeah defiantly agree its introducing all these new gamers to the Neo-Geo which can only be a good thing."

Matt, I disagree. As the more people who know about Neo Geo means more likely they will purchase aes or mvs carts which will continue to make the prices of the carts more expensive.

Edited by Neo 64
  • Like 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLJSAjNV5y4

Wow! Just been looking at the Hyper Neo Geo 64 games, I no there was only a few but there pretty impressive truth be told. Ive always been familiar with people not to keen on it and Ive read the internal documents from SNK stating this is the direction they wanted to take there home console in but Ive never really paid much attention to it as a platform. After watching this video of all the released games, personally I think it looks miles better than the N64. I sunk hundreds of hours in to MRC rally for the N64, when you compare that to RV racing at the beginning of this video, RV Racing looks leaps and bounds better!

Are the HNG64 games playable on say a SuperGun does anyone no?

MJ

• Like 1

"Yeah defiantly agree its introducing all these new gamers to the Neo-Geo which can only be a good thing."

Matt, I disagree. As the more people who know about Neo Geo means more likely they will purchase aes or mvs carts which will continue to make the prices of the carts more expensive.

I agree the more people that play and like the games may want to experience the original games on original hardware thus increasing the prices. That being a bad thing for the likes of us 'old school' fans and collectors but for SNK as a whole it can be only a good thing meaning new people become 'familiar' with the SNK brand therefore buying there games on various platforms putting money in there pockets. Thats what I meant, if that make sense? MJ

• Like 1

Wow what a cool home video of a by-gone era bro! I bet they were the coolest kids around with an AES! Sounds like fun indeed! Now I'm all nostalgic.

-Aaron

It really is Aaron. Glad you liked it and thank you for stopping by with as always bro. :)

Anthony...

Yeah defiantly agree its introducing all these new gamers to the Neo-Geo which can only be a good thing.

And again agree, Nintendo are normally shit hot with batteries and sort, I don't think my Switch is 'faulty' or a 'bad one' I think the battery is just pretty poor. I don't get anywhere near the 2 and a half to 4 hours they said in the reveal trailer thats for sure!

Still trying to find someone who will mod my bloody CDZ too! lol

MJ

I personally glad that the new generation of gamers are experiencing the enjoyment when we had back in the 1990's. I try to get the new generation of gamers ready for the Neo-Geo can continue having a legacy. So if it means starting off gradually with emulators and ports, I would support them in which it will be a step in the right direction.

Hopefully, it will progress with purchasing original hardware and collecting for them. Of course the price tags are intimidating, but if you put your mind to it and the funds, you can accomplish plenty. But the most concern I have is the enjoyment of the quality of the gameplay that Neo-Geo has to offer, without it, it's meaningless to continue on.

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hey Harold here, in this video I enjoy giving Soccer brawl a try out & quick review. Please have a look my vid! Cheers, Harold.

Thank you as always Harold.

I got Soccer Brawl myself for the AES. Really worth purchasing for fun and for collecting. Nicw work as always kind sir. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

What a deal from Atariage member NeoGeoCollector (Frazer). £21.00 pounds ($27 dollars) . Excellent deal for sure! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

For £21.00 I couldn't turn this #NeoPrint machine down. Needs some TLC but it's a nice piece of #SNK history #NeoGeo #Retroprintingpic.twitter.com/WvmLZoiYFb

DFhwhW3XsAAKP8w.jpg
DFhwhW4XYAE_xTd.jpg
DFhwhXeW0AAGvHe.jpg
DFhwhW2WsAECvLu.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1