IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Let's take a look at MS‐ALICE's design sheet from METAL SLUG ATTACK now! #MSApic.twitter.com/85Pg91Tf5O

DHttgCCUMAAAPaB.jpg

【MSA 設定資料】 「MS-ALICE」のキャラクター設定資料を公開中! #MSA https://www.facebook.com/SNK.METALSLUGWORLD/posts/1963388833947044 pic.twitter.com/DjcmHACw94

Materials [MSA] In the "MS-ALICE" character set article published! https://www. facebook.com/SNK.METALSLUGWORLD/posts/1963388833947044 #ttps://t.co/HRp6U1ubzd

DHfc4jIVoAAODPK.jpg

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

【SECRET REPORT#001】本日から不定期にSNKデザイナー陣描き下ろしの秘蔵イラストを公開していきます!ヒーロー学園の生徒や怪人たちのあんな一面やこんな一面も…!第1弾は我らがヒロイン「ファーストエイド」こと森沢さんの夏休みの様子から! #キミヒロ #キミヒロSRpic.twitter.com/hnXjHp47yq

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

[sECRET REPORT # 001: we intend to publish occasional treasured illustrations SNK designer team drawn from today! Hero Academy students and the phantom so one side or this side too. First our heroine "first aid" that Morisawa's summer look! #キミヒロ #キミヒロSR

DHfoeu_UAAAo-yY.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. DHpp4giWAAAeShY.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

I need enoofu to step in Ant and help with my thirst of information! lol

Ive been reading a lot about this NeoGeoFreakUSA stuff and, I have to swear hear, f*****g hell, they made $4m! Thats an incredible amount of money! Cant believe that figure!

So going back to it though sort of is that NCI KOF2000 SE recognised but the community?

And theres a pic of SamSho5 in this NCI stuff,

http://www.culturaneogeo.com/imagenes/entrevistas/ncieng.htm

Did they re-release it then?

MJ

• Like 1

I need enoofu to step in Ant and help with my thirst of information! lol

Ive been reading a lot about this NeoGeoFreakUSA stuff and, I have to swear hear, f*****g hell, they made $4m! Thats an incredible amount of money! Cant believe that figure!

So going back to it though sort of is that NCI KOF2000 SE recognised but the community?

And theres a pic of SamSho5 in this NCI stuff,

http://www.culturaneogeo.com/imagenes/entrevistas/ncieng.htm

Did they re-release it then?

MJ

Hahaha. Glad that enoofu is around to help you my good man! :)

Yeah, can you believe it? NGFUSA made so much money that it's boggling to the imagination. I don't wish negativity on anyone, but what they did is certainly questionable during their time with Neo-Geo merchandise no doubt So many in the community despise them greatly.

Now as for NCI, they really have been another group that irked so many as well. Their Treasures of the Caribbean game was panned that some don't even consider it playable. The idea of reprinting KOF 2000, SSV, and the rest of the hard to come by titles being developed by them is disappointing because collectors will damage the original carts to distinguish if it's fake or not.

Here's another fact, NCI made 100 versions of the original Last Hope from NGDEVTEAM. Which really upset the Hellwigg brothers. I been trying to convince Timm that they should do an official reprint of Last Hope. Hopefully, he will take my request into consideration in the near future.

Anthony..

• Like 1

I collected for fun around 10+ console systems at one point from the early 1980's on and can tell you for a fact that some people will not consider any Bootleg, Romhack, or reproduction after the end of a system .

Other people on the other hand will just collect the above because they are interested in modding, piracy, it history or just having fun. If you that interested in KOF2000 SE or SamSho5 NCI don't let us or the community stop you, though it will probably be a lot harder to resell since they are bootleg romhacks, and their doesn't seem to any 3rd party reviews that I know of for those games.

• Like 2

There's a few semi-reviews or covered reasons on why they're good or not due to maybe being buggy or betas which the neo-geo forums cover well if you can use the search tool to find it.

MVS at least there are plenty of people fine on there buying either conversions (using good SNK boards that had roached chips to make another game from it now or a period conversion of which I have one of Nightmare in the Dark) and others are ok with the boots too. They sell for quite a lot less, but they still get decent ok money especially if said game gets into the hundreds. Some are just fine perhaps paying $50 for a fake than $300 on a real one if it looks/plays the same once the joystick panel is dropped over the cart slot. Same can be said of the 161in1 and friends, if you can fix the audio problem or just ignore it, it's not such a bad deal having a large part of the library in one cart.

• Like 1

I just found a cool glitch in spinmaster. at the last level after you beat the final boss, if you slide into the wall at the end of the room, you can go right through it. I will probably upload a video of me doing it.

I never heard of a glitch like that in Spinmaster before Evan. That's very interesting. If you plan on doing that video regarding it. We would like to see it in action. Thank you for mentioning bro. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Thanks guy appreciate all the info and I was asking really because I was intrigued more than anything and I had asked on n-g.com but theres so many arse's on there that just hated on me just because Id asked about NGFREAKUSA, I mean Ive been a member 15 years and Id been inactive the last 3-4 years (because of my accident!) I just got loads of abuse and the wanted proof of the accident and all that, dunno if they though I was a FREAKUSA employe or summit but yeah got pretty horrible on there, thought Im nearly 40 don't have to prove I been ill or answer to that, it was like high school again.

And as enoofu said I won't let it stop me buying stuff I was just amazed how the prices go up and down on these kinda games so much depending where you go even more so than 'real' games. Would be good if there was a kind of 'boot/remake' guide for this sorta thing to help with your buys. Like on the NeoStore they have a FREAK KOF2000 for $4K+ yet some of the members in the forums were saying to me its worthless! I suppose summits worth what your willing to pay really. And like enoofu said its the whole 'history' thing about the FREAK KOF2000 that pulls me in, I think thats why I want one so much! And at least Id no the money isn't going in there pocket now as I think they've made far to much! :)

Tanooki Id love a Nightmare In The Dark, don't suppose yours is for sale is it? :)

I was going to buy one of the 161 carts but it was so bad and buggy for me anyway I just couldn't play it, it drove me mad, had to bite the bullet and pay 2-3 times as much for a NeoSD and with a bitta help from the web and Gadget it works great now!

And Ant I didn't no there was hate for NCI as well, and that Treasures of the Caribbean game is total toss! Its awful what were they thinking!? So they did do remakes of SS5? And of LastHope?

MJ

• Like 1

I really hadn't planned to sell NITM. Like many I don't use it much, but when the moment hits (or October) I find it entertaining. It's too similar to Zupapa though and had I both I'd be more inclined to let it go as that one is a little bit more fun to me.

I've been considering selling just a few off I have no love for, but it's my stupid OCD/mental barrier of breaking up the set I got with the hardware. I just really dislike Samurai Shodown II which I have all the kit inserts for in spanish, prefer greatly Baseball Stars 2 over BS Professional, and I know NG fans will call me a heretic but I don't feel KOF98 has aged well as I can't get into it anymore. Beyond that I got 3 Count Bout in a pickup recently as we know but I'm not sure I'm all that in love with it unlike the other 2 that came with it.

I'm not done buying NG games but my list of cares is dwindling down to a mix of not on the 161(very few) and the rest that are. I don't care to own everything, but there's stuff I think I'd enjoy still like Alpha Mission 2, Zupapa, the other Metal Slugs I don't own, Art of Fighting and Samurai Shodown 1, Neo Bomber Man, Panic Bomber is a must(owned it on TG CD, have a US mini marquee already), and Ninja Masters. I put Sengoku 1 as an easy grab but 2 and 3 are cash cows as is Twinkle Star Sprites I just don't likely see myself paying up for.

• Like 2

And Ant I didn't no there was hate for NCI as well, and that Treasures of the Caribbean game is total toss! Its awful what were they thinking!? So they did do remakes of SS5? And of LastHope?

MJ

You're welcome Matty. Always a pleasure to help you out! If you have more questions, let us know. :)

As far as the question of Samurai Shodown V Special. They did their own reprints of the game and you can take a look on their Facebook page regarding it.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/neoconceptioninternational/posts/?ref=page_internal

Not just that title, but so many other rare and hard to come by versions as well including

Battle Kizuna Encounter

Mark of the Wolves

Metal Slug 3

Ninja Masters

Prehistoric Isle 2

They also did the King of Fighters Striker edition that you showed the link to us as well.

Here's the NCI version of Last Hope.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Last-hope-2nd-run-100-copies-ltd-Neo-Geo-AES-Japan-NMINT-/331979554092?hash=item4d4b85fd2c:g:JN0AAOSwzaJX5Myg

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Super Six だぞ~ 来年はもう一本激レアなやつを手に入れられるかな。pic.twitter.com/XtA3dr4SWR

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Super Six and next year another one gigantic rare guy who can get it.

DHtDu2-XoAQcDj4.jpg

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This morning were with CALLMEARJ with a video on how Geese Howard was involved in Tekken 7 story. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Yo guys its your boy Arj and it took awhile but after successfully predicting the arrival of Geese Howard. I will now delve into the CANON story and implications on Tekken 7 of Geese Howard's joining to the roster. Sit back and relax, and DO NOT forget to subscribe!!"

Anthony...

• Like 1

No worries Tanooki but if your ever consider letting it go remember Id love first refusal! :)

And I didn't no half this stuff about NCI Ant its dead interesting! I bet people were so pi*sed they did this!

And can't wait for my FF Hoodie off frazer they look awesome!

Also unrelated these Pandoras Boxes what are they all about? Is it a CMVS?

MJ

• Like 1

I really hadn't planned to sell NITM. Like many I don't use it much, but when the moment hits (or October) I find it entertaining. It's too similar to Zupapa though and had I both I'd be more inclined to let it go as that one is a little bit more fun to me.

I've been considering selling just a few off I have no love for, but it's my stupid OCD/mental barrier of breaking up the set I got with the hardware. I just really dislike Samurai Shodown II which I have all the kit inserts for in spanish, prefer greatly Baseball Stars 2 over BS Professional, and I know NG fans will call me a heretic but I don't feel KOF98 has aged well as I can't get into it anymore. Beyond that I got 3 Count Bout in a pickup recently as we know but I'm not sure I'm all that in love with it unlike the other 2 that came with it.

I'm not done buying NG games but my list of cares is dwindling down to a mix of not on the 161(very few) and the rest that are. I don't care to own everything, but there's stuff I think I'd enjoy still like Alpha Mission 2, Zupapa, the other Metal Slugs I don't own, Art of Fighting and Samurai Shodown 1, Neo Bomber Man, Panic Bomber is a must(owned it on TG CD, have a US mini marquee already), and Ninja Masters. I put Sengoku 1 as an easy grab but 2 and 3 are cash cows as is Twinkle Star Sprites I just don't likely see myself paying up for.

Usually when i get bored with SS/KoF games, and want to play that genre, I usually play the Darkstalker Series. One reason I went the MVS route as I want to get a CP2 in the future for it, though WinKawaks does a OK emulation of it.

• Like 1

No worries Tanooki but if your ever consider letting it go remember Id love first refusal! :)

And I didn't no half this stuff about NCI Ant its dead interesting! I bet people were so pi*sed they did this!

MJ

Pandoras Boxes are emulated Jamma boards usually with hundreds of bootlegs Arcade games and you would need a Jamma Cabinet or supergun to play them. CMVS is basically a supergun attached to a MVS in a console form factor so it may be difficult to use any other Jamma system cause of that.

• Like 2

MJ

Hey Matty,

Right. The Neo-Geo community was (and still is) upset as well. But then again, I try to be impartial. It was amazing to see that they put the dedication on making them. But of course, originals will be a better choice than the unofficial counterparts for sure.

As far as the hoodie. That's fantastic you picked one up from Frazer. We would like to see a pic of that once it comes in. :)

As for Pandora Box and the many updates of them. enoofu answered it perfectly. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1