IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

After checking out a bit of gameplay, I'm pretty bummed I missed out on NG:DEV's Razion. Looks like a great shoot 'em up, especially that second stage with the water / cavern.

Just sad that a lot of shoot em up are so pricey right now especially since Cave and other AAA shootem up arcade makers haven't made any recently

Hopefully NG can deliver more Shoot em ups

shmups peeps are still in morning that Cave's next game is a Phone Massive Online game

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 1

After checking out a bit of gameplay, I'm pretty bummed I missed out on NG:DEV's Razion. Looks like a great shoot 'em up, especially that second stage with the water / cavern.

Hey Chaos,

Oh believe me bro. You would like it. The graphics on the games is fantastic and the soundtrack is amazing. It really shows how powerful the Neo-Geo truly is after 27 years of its existence. :)

Plus that Terminator cyborg that pops out of nowhere really is why I continue to support NGDEVTEAM. :-D

Anthony..

• Like 3

Yea not too many left for me to get, I am currently on the look out for a nice condition KOF94, 96 or 98.

I dont think I am going to collect past 99 as imo after 99 the games didn't look as good.

Gotcha Paul,

Will be on the lookout for you if you would like us to help with your search for minty AES games. The KOF '94 one will be tough seeing it's the most common one on the market. Plus those got bruised up as time when my because of the large quantity of them.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

HI friends! Here is a little play / review of wind jammers I did on the request of Charlie Cat! Thanks!

Hi Harold,

Glad to see you again my good man. Thank you for sharing your Windjammers video with us. We enjoyed it. Can't wait to see more from you in the future. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Windows 10 PCで「アケアカNEOGEO」シリーズの配信がスタートしました! 9タイトル同時配信です!PCでもNEOGEOの名作をぜひお楽しみください! https://www.microsoft.com/ja-jp/store/search/games?devicetype=pc&q=%E3%82%A2%E3%82%B1%E3%82%A2%E3%82%ABneogeo pic.twitter.com/OBRUHd9M8B

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by Bing

Delivery of the "ACEA CA NEOGEO" series started in 10 PC! Nine titles at the same time delivery! Please enjoy the NEOGEO classics any PC! https://www. microsoft.com/ja-jp/store/search/games?devicetype=pc&q=%E3%82%A2%E3%82%B1%E3%82%A2%E3%82%ABneogeo

DRFoaTrUEAA8dPE.jpg

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

びびびびっぐにゅーす!!(゚∀ 。 ;)1f4a6.png なんとwindows10で #アケアカNEOGEO がプレイ出来るようになっちゃいましたっっ((o≧▽≦o))2728.png1f4bb.png 餓狼・龍虎・KOF'94の他、ラストリゾートやメタスラ、ワーヒーなどの懐かしの人気タイトルで遊べちゃいます!! PC勢には嬉しいですね1f917.pnghttps://www.microsoft.com/ja-jp/store/search/games?devicetype=pc&q=%E3%82%A2%E3%82%B1%E3%82%A2%E3%82%ABneogeo pic.twitter.com/1oLzCTc0yR

Translate from Japanese

And chattering biggu stations! (°∀ . ;) ! On windows10 https://www. microsoft.com/ja-jp/store/search/games?devicetype=pc&q=%E3%82%A2%E3%82%B1%E3%82%A2%E3%82%ABneogeo were I can play!! (( o ≧▽≦ o)) Garou, ryuko, KOF ' 94 others, such as last resort and meta Mara, wacky nostalgia play your tea in the popular title! I am happy to a PC #ttps://t.co/YFe41f4ABx

DRInyX8V4AEm9ME.jpg
DRInymlVwAEFkvh.jpg
DRInzcEUEAEQOCd.jpg
DRInz7eVwAEiCqh.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【イベントのお知らせ】PreKVO2018にてSNKオンラインショップ出張店舗がただいまオープンしました!福袋限定30個販売中!是非遊びに来てくださいね!http://kvo2k.com/pre/ #KOF #SNK #PreKVO2018pic.twitter.com/vhPhZY4saM

Translate from Japanese

[Event details] SNK shop online travel store has opened now at PreKVO2018! Grab bag limited edition 30 pieces for sale! Come and see it. http://kvo2k.com/pre/ #KOF #SNK #PreKVO2018

DRITNGfUEAAC8y5.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. Good article to read about a great artist Toshiaki “Shinkiro” Mori

https://urban-muse.com/2011/02/16/urban-muse-shinkiro-snkcapcom-master-1991-2011-a-20-year-retrospective-feature/

https://urban-muse.com

Anthony...

Urban-Muse%20Logo%20Bare%20Blank%20Plain

ShinkiroRetrospective-658x350.jpg

From Street Fighter, King of Fighters, SNK Vs. Capcom, Resident Evil to Marvel Vs. Capcom. The most comprehensive look at the outstanding career of master artist Toshiaki “Shinkiro” Mori. A massive retrospective chronicling his most important and classic works in the past 20 years.

ShinkiroRetrospective.jpg

Toshiaki “Shinkiro” Mori, is one of the finest artists in the world. He was born on December 14, 1962, which would make him 48 at the time of writing this. We have been fans of his nearly his entire career, and watched his skills, mastery of his art grow, change, and evolve as we grew up and did the same. We’ve enjoyed playing the classic game franchises he has been a part of. He has without a doubt worked on some of the best games of all time.

We are focusing on some of the most key pieces of his work throughout the past 20 years, from titles such as Kizuna Encounter and Sengoku, to Resident Evil, Capcom Vs. SNK and Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and lots in between. We obviously can’t post everything, so we are focusing heavily on his work during the “SNK Golden Age” primarily the King of Fighters and Capcom Vs. SNK series. Shinkiro was with the original SNK until it closed it’s doors and later became SNK Playmore. After this massive shakeup, (some would say tragedy) former competitor Capcom almost bliblically, and wisely hired him where he’s been working ever since.

A common criticism about Shinkiro’s mid career work is that all of his characters look the same. All of his male characters would seem to resemble certain hollywood stars, particularly George Clooney, Brad Pitt, and Tom Cruise. His characters have a very iconic “look” to them, striking eyes with dark shadows, almost as if the men were wearing eyeliner, and very smooth, soft transitions and edges. Combined with dynamic and dramatic poses, this certain “sameness,” we feel is not a negative. Quite the oppostite, it is a tremendous positive. Because when you look at a Shinkiro, you KNOW it’s him. These faces and the way they’ve been rendered have a certain reassuring, and comforting quality to them, as if you were looking at an old friend.
    As you look through the progression of Shinkiro’s work, you can see changes from certain mediums, towards primarily digital imagery. This mirrors the common evolution for illustration and the games industry as a whole. We can spot Airbrushing, Watercolors, Gouache, Inks, Pencils, Acrylic, Charcoals, Oils, and of course Digital.

Throughout the “SNK Golden Age” Shinkiro was producing arguably the most iconic work of his career, and with traditional mediums. His mastery of tangible mediums gave him a certain edge over his often digital competitors and helped him achieve his iconic look, and as a result helped SNK thrill millions of gamers worldwide with their hit Neo-Geo game series.

We would hesitate to categorize his work as “Anime” it is more similar to fine art and other traditional illustration. His characters are not overly stylized, are fully rendered, have fairly accurate/realistic athletic proportions, they often have long legs implying that they are tall and powerful, and are not generally “Big Eyed.” The female characters have enlarged eyes to make them slightly cuter/moe and loveable, but the men are realistic.

As far as we know Shinkiro has not had a major physical retrospective of his work in a gallery setting, but it’s difficult to know because most of what’s written about him is in Japanese. He has been featured in many game art books (Such as the Art of Street Fighter, and numerous other SNK/Neo Geo Art Books), but as far as we know he has not had entire book devoted to his work and only his work.

His work is sporadically spread across the internet without a central hub, and is often miscredited or uncredited.

Urban-Muse has compiled what we feel are some of his most important works spanning his entire career, and as a result hope to provide one of the most comprehensive looks at this powerful, and influential artist. This retrospective is likely the most in depth analysis of this artist in the world.

Please Enjoy!

Online Retrospective Curated by: Curt Anderson (Decimus) – Founder of Urban-Muse.com

GeeseCrop.jpg

CREDITS: SNK

* The King of Fighters series (KOF 94, KOF 99, KOF 2000)
    * Fatal Fury series
    * Art of Fighting series
    * Metal Slug series (Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 3)
    * Samurai Shodown series (Samurai Shodown, Samurai Shodown II, Samurai Shodown 64 – aka Samurai Spirits)
    * SNK vs Capcom series (Capcom vs SNK, Capcom vs SNK 2)
    * King of the Monsters series
    * Kizuna Encounter
    * The Last Blade
    * Riding Hero
    * Sengoku
    * Alpha Mission II
    * The Super Spy
    * Quiz Dai Sousa-sen
    * Baseball Stars 2
    * Ghost Pilots
    * Super Baseball 2020
    * Eight Man
    * Robo Army
    * Football Frenzy
    * Soccer Brawl
    * 3 Count Bout
    * Last Resort
    * Mutation Nation

Capcom

* Capcom vs. SNK
    * Dead Rising
    * Dino Stalker – Box Art
    * Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts
    * Final Fight One
    * Capcom vs. SNK 2
    * Resident Evil Dead Aim
    * Resident Evil 4
    * Garasu no Bara (Glass Rose)
    * Capcom Classics Collection
    * Ultimate Ghosts ‘n Goblins
    * Capcom Fighting Evolution
    * Resident Evil: Deadly Silence
    * Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
    * Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
    * SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos
    * Bionic Commando Rearmed
    * Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

MARVEL

* Ultimate Spiderman

MVC3-Crop.jpg

INTERVIEW: (And advice for young artists)

Q&A – (Via: Capcom.co.jp)

Q: Do you play any video games? If so, what are your favorites?

Shinkiro: I don’t play too much, but I like third person shooting games such as Resident Evil series.

Q: What do you feel is different about drawing Capcom or Marvel characters?

Shinkiro: For the Marvel characters, I basically drew them in their original form, but for the Capcom characters, I was able to draw in both realistic and stylized forms.

Q: Which characters do you enjoy drawing the most?

Shinkiro: The character I enjoyed drawing the most was Deadpool. Within the Marvel characters, he has a unique, humorous personality and his facial expressions are visible even through his mask.

Q: Which characters were you drawing for the first time? The most difficult to draw?

Shinkiro: It was the first time for me to draw most of the Marvel characters. For Capcom, I had not drawn C. Viper, Amaterasu, and Tron before. Amaterasu was the most difficult. If you’re not careful when drawing, he can end up looking like a regular dog whose back is on fire.

Q: If you can steal one MVC3 character’s powers/abilities, who’s would it be?

Shinkiro: It would be Super Skrull because he has the abilities of all four members of the Fantastic Four.

Q: Who do you have your money on in a fight- Dante or Deadpool?

Shinkiro: Since they have similar weapons, I think it would be pretty close, but I say Deadpool, because he can’t be killed.

Q: One thing to say to aspiring artists?

Shinkiro: To all the artists of the world? There are too many of them, I can’t address them all. Instead, I’d like to address the younger generation of aspiring artists. It is a wonderful thing to be able to do what you love for a living. But after doing the same work for a long time, it becomes easy to forget why you were doing it in the first place. Please, don’t forget why you began drawing, or how lucky you are to be able to draw for a living. I guess this could be a message for myself…

ShinkiroMan.jpg

RETROSPECTIVE 1991-2011 EARLY WORK:

sengoku_flyer2.jpg

Sengoku 1991

sample-5c7f5bb2d09de905920b30ed301d9fff.

Kizuna Encounter: Super Tag Battle

mutation-nation-by-shinkiro.jpg

Mutation Nation

n1538457855_30078096_1514.jpg

Leona and Heidern – King of Fighters

kof-last-blade-and-samurai-shodown-art-b

King of Fighters

n641026641_1776227_9396.jpg

Kyo – King of Fighters

LastBlade2.jpg

The Last Blade

n1538457855_30078112_5012.jpg

King of Fighters

n1538457855_30078114_6075.jpg

Kyo and Yuki – King of Fighters

n1538457855_30078113_5548.jpg

Iori – King of Fighters

sample-a904c522d3747d453b1fee56b66c1734.

Terry Bogard – King of Fighters – Fatal Fury – Real Bout

art454mi.jpg

King of Fighters 97

kyo.jpg

Kyo

GeeseHoward.jpg

Geese – Billy Kane – Real Bout: Fatal Fury

BoxSamuraiShodown22.jpg

Haohmaru – Samurai Shodown – Samurai Spirits

aosnkw_sss_03.jpg

Nakoruru – Samurai Shodown II – Samurai Spirits II

haohmaru.jpg

Haohmaru – – Samurai Shodown II – Samurai Spirits II

MID CAREER:

sample-b6ede642fd5b0fa251974ad20728f082.

Metal Slug 3

VKu9zu.jpg

Metal Slug 3

kof-kyo-kusanagi3.jpg

Kyo – King of Fighters

n1538457855_30078116_29.jpg

King of Fighters

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

Back with AJ from No More Beta Productions doing the final part of Blazing Star for us. Enjoy fellas. :)

From the description,

"First i want to dedicate this last blazing star episode to Anthony aka Charlie Cat from Atari Age!!

ITS BEEN A GOOD JOURNEY!!!
but it won't be our last!!!

This is the last episode in AJ's journey to experience blazing star.
He loves the game!

I loved the power ups and the levels. They had a great use of pre-rendered graphics!

Come back next week when we play Spin Master on the Neo Geo!

Man that kid loves his games!!"

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hey Chaos,

Oh believe me bro. You would like it. The graphics on the games is fantastic and the soundtrack is amazing. It really shows how powerful the Neo-Geo truly is after 27 years of its existence. :)

Plus that Terminator cyborg that pops out of nowhere really is why I continue to support NGDEVTEAM. :-D

Anthony..

I love classic shooters over the bullet hell style and it looks like that's what Razion was going for, so, it'll be a bummer I won't get the shot to add that one to my AES carts.

• Like 2

I love classic shooters over the bullet hell style and it looks like that's what Razion was going for, so, it'll be a bummer I won't get the shot to add that one to my AES carts.

"It ain't over, till it's over". -Yogi Berra-

I found a Japanese version on Ebay that ends tomorrow Chaos. Maybe you can pick this one up. :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Neo-Geo-RAZION-Jap/173025991667?hash=item2849271bf3:g:Mn8AAOSwhqhaLZk2

Anthony..

Plus, the seller is selling an English 1st print of Gunlord as well. Which I prefer more because of the replica carts they were using compared to the 2nd reprints that had flaws. :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Neo-Geo-Gunlord-US-Version/173025987541?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49564%26meid%3Ddefc9d62d3654fe6904f230a0a64b3d9%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D173025991667&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Played around with my TVs picture settings tonight for the #NEOGEO got a pretty good picture with nothing but a scart connection. Just missing those scanlines imo, what you think?pic.twitter.com/EFDbr7PJCz

DRIdscGWsAA8yf6.jpg

Anthony..

Hey Ant, what set up do you use for your Neo? Tube TV or Modern TV?

• Like 1

Hey Ant, what set up do you use for your Neo? Tube TV or Modern TV?

Hey Paul,

Tube TV units for classic gaming usually. For modern units like PS4 and Xbox one, its HDTV,

Personally, I would recommend a CRT unit for your Neo-Geo. You be happy to be doing so since the Neo-Geo was originally meant for it bro. I tried the HDTV route for it, but it wasn't to my liking. :)

Hope this helps Paul. :)

Anthony...

Hey guys, anyone happen to know the answer to this? My copy of Gunlord from NG:DEV has an individually numbered sticker on the back, I assume it means it's number 42 of 44, but it says 4244 on it. I highly doubt they produced 4,244 English copies of Gunlord on their second print, lol.. So am I correct to assume it's 42 of 44?

Not sure! Mine is 4540

• Like 1