Hi guys,

1. SNKヒロインズ DLCキャラクター第3弾、近日発表! #SNK #SNKヒロインズpic.twitter.com/GpCiIZtqAD

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

SNK Heroines DLC Character Vol. 3, soon announced! #SNK #SNKヒロインズ

DqHUcUEU4AAAbjU.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. Lots of love to @SNKPofficial_jp @SNKPofficial @snk_oda for the gifts! Thank you for taking the time to meet with me! Check out that new KOF manga! #MARKMANinJPNpic.twitter.com/2xAbzwMaVJ

DqGk-yaU0AAwfyO.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【SNK×東急ハンズ】 「SNK×ハードコアチョコレート」 ・ハワード・コネクション作業着パーカー(カリスマレッド) ・NESTS脱走用パーカー(地球に優しい肉食グリーン)  各サイズ M、L、XL  各価格 9,800円(税込) http://nagoya.tokyu-hands.co.jp/event/index.html pic.twitter.com/jC8bBdjQXs

Translate Tweet

[snk× Tokyu Hands] "Snk× hardcore chocolate", Howard Connection, Parker (charismatic red), nests for breakout Parker (Earth-friendly carnivorous green) each size M, L, XL each price is 9,800 yen (tax included)

DqFMTzpV4AA6_ZG.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 11月25日KOFesの最終日にKOFマスターズ開催!KOF界のレジェンド同士のガチトーナメントに、海外スタープレイヤーの参戦者が決定! さらに近日中にオンライントーナメントで残り1枠を決める大会も開催します! #KOFespic.twitter.com/0y5aL9Kaaa

Translate Tweet

The KOF Masters held on the last day of Kofes, November 25! Gatitonament of the Legends of the KOF World, the participants of the overseas star players decided! In addition, there will be a tournament to decide the rest of the online tournaments in the near future! #KOFes

Dp6ubz4V4AY6Y3D.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. #冬劇 KVO the Winter Battle】12月22日、23日に京都で開催の格ゲー大規模コミュニティイベント、一次エントリーは今月24日(水)20時までです! KOFXIV部門とSNKヒロインズ部門は23日開催です。皆様のご参加お待ちしております! 公式サイト:http://kvo2k.com/winter/ pic.twitter.com/WXcZzrt0e9

Translate Tweet

[#冬劇 KVO the Winter Battle] in Kyoto on December 22 and 23 The game is a large community event, and the primary entry is at the 24th of this month, at 20:00! KOFXIV Division and the SNK Heroines Division are held on 23. We are looking forward to your participation! Official site:

Dp4ZKUIVsAI93Ar.png
    Dp4ZOM_VAAARNEu.png
    Dp4ZPLhU8AA7j1H.png

Anthony..

Anthony,

Thanks ! Just a quick one on this. Is the AES system region locked ? Or can the play all games ? Even if I get the system up, will the menus be in japanese or can they be changed to English ?

Are they fairly easy to repair ?

I know Cart based systems very well, right now I am trying to get all my classic consoles back up. Going to buy a 6' X6' ikea cab and modifying it. Then I am going to setup 20 classic consoles. Wire them all up through a scaler to get to my 4K tv. Unless I my NeoGeo shows up, I will be leaving a shelf for it. I've been working over the last 2 months getting the systems back up and running, so far I have 16 consoles(not including anything from the last 8-10 years)

• Like 1

Anthony,

Thanks ! Just a quick one on this. Is the AES system region locked ? Or can the play all games ? Even if I get the system up, will the menus be in japanese or can they be changed to English ?

Are they fairly easy to repair ?

I know Cart based systems very well, right now I am trying to get all my classic consoles back up. Going to buy a 6' X6' ikea cab and modifying it. Then I am going to setup 20 classic consoles. Wire them all up through a scaler to get to my 4K tv. Unless I my NeoGeo shows up, I will be leaving a shelf for it. I've been working over the last 2 months getting the systems back up and running, so far I have 16 consoles(not including anything from the last 8-10 years)

Hey Dave,

All Neo-Geo AES systems are region free.

So any AES game can be played on my AES console....However, if the unit of the AES was manufactured for a certain county (say Japan), the unit will read it in the language it was programmed for.

For example, your American English games that you have, if you play it on a Japanese system, it will be translated in Japanese. Like Magician Lord, The Super Spy, etc. But it will work and can be played. The language will just be different. Now if you add a Unibios to the unit, you can change it to your preference of language.

Now as repairs go, it really goes by how troublesome the unit it is. But personally, I have multiple units that were fixed that ranged from quick fixes, to too far gone. But was able to get them back working . So I wouldn't worry about that.

Hope this helps bro. 8^)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

1. Looks like Dunk Dream ‘95/Data East Hoops was originally called “Dunk Magic”. A few months after this ad the name was changed. BTW if you’re a fan of the #NeoGeo version, you will really like this game. You can even wire it for 4 simultaneous players. #DataEastpic.twitter.com/ovwJvVBWod

DqK1M7YUwAAuAkl.jpg

Anthony...

Kinda amazing that Ikari Warriors is basically SNK's high point, since it basically their only game that did amazing well in both America and Asia Arcades. Kinda amazing how long Tradewest was selling these games also as they were still selling them in the early 90's.

Pretty funny also that Late Leland Cook of tradewest is where Colonel Cook got his name in the US version.
  • Like 1

Kinda amazing that Ikari Warriors is basically SNK's high point, since it basically their only game that did amazing well in both America and Asia Arcades. Kinda amazing how long Tradewest was selling these games also as they were still selling them in the early 90's.
Pretty funny also that Late Leland Cook of tradewest is where Colonel Cook got his name in the US version.

Interesting points enoofu. Didn't think about it with Leland Cook and Colonel Cook at all.

Anthony.

Hi guys,

1. Translate Tweet
    Translated from Korean by Microsoft

< SNK X Hongdae Dungeon > coming soon #SNK #홍대던전 #콜라보카페 #팝업스토어

DqPXVmJUUAEJBCw.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. Anuncio: Estamos dando apoyo a este torneo a través de nuestro programa de ayuda e-sports! #SNK #KOFXIV #KOF14 https://www.facebook.com/events/1869095063399792/ pic.twitter.com/3uAksu2zkl

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Spanish by Microsoft

Announcement: We are giving support to this tournament through our e-sports help program! #SNK #KOFXIV #KOF14

DqPc_yBU8AIYCf9.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【SNK×東急ハンズ】  Tシャツ各種   40周年イラストTシャツや、PIXEL LABEL T’s NEOGEO mini Tシャツの他、パーカーも各種取り揃えております、お見逃しないよう是非ご来店ください1f600.png#SNK #NEOGEO http://nagoya.tokyu-hands.co.jp/event/detail.html?post=3710 pic.twitter.com/FrSchsQTHP

Translate Tweet

[snk× Tokyu Hands] T-shirts and 40-year illustrations T-shirts, PIXEL LABEL T's NEOGEO mini T-shirt, as well as a variety of hoodies, please #SNK #NEOGEO http://nagoya.tokyu-hands.co.jp/event/detail.html?post=3710 do not miss the come visit us

DqGKjk8U0AAqURb.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

In the latest Neo-Geo news, Furrek (one of our contributors) is hard at work doing reverse engineering the MVS/AES/and CD . So let's listen in from Smoke Moster regarding Furrek and the NeoGeo MiSTer FPGA Core. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

" Furrtek is considering add-on boards for MiSTer to support Neo Geo! He's is preserving the Neo Geo MVS/AES/CD by meticulously reverse-engineering them with the goal of creating 1:1 cycle-accurate FPGA implementations of their hardware https://patreon.com/furrtek

He's even decapped the complex custom ICs to understand & record their internal circuits. The original goal was to simply preserve the Neo Geo platform for all time, and he didn't have a specific plan of bringing a core to any one platform, although he did open discussions with Alexey from MiSTer about the possibility. It seemed to end with the realization that the MiSTer platform would require significant changes to its add-ons in order to pull off the feat. While the Neo Geo isn't the most powerful console, it requires a great amount of fast memory and high bandwidth busses for transferring ROM data.

This may all now be changing though if an add-on board could be built to give MiSTer the horsepower it needs to do Neo Geo. "

Anthony...

Hey Dave,

All Neo-Geo AES systems are region free.

So any AES game can be played on my AES console....However, if the unit of the AES was manufactured for a certain county (say Japan), the unit will read it in the language it was programmed for.

For example, your American English games that you have, if you play it on a Japanese system, it will be translated in Japanese. Like Magician Lord, The Super Spy, etc. But it will work and can be played. The language will just be different. Now if you add a Unibios to the unit, you can change it to your preference of language.

Now as repairs go, it really goes by how troublesome the unit it is. But personally, I have multiple units that were fixed that ranged from quick fixes, to too far gone. But was able to get them back working . So I wouldn't worry about that.

Hope this helps bro. 8^)

Anthony..

Thanks for the info and help ! This has cleared up a lot of questions.

Having a system in English is critical to me, I'll search around to see what is involved to install a Unibios and see how complex it is for the install. I guess if I find a Japanese model, I will have to figure the costs to buy/install of the Unibios. This is really good to know. I was avoiding Japanese models because of the language thing.

Thanks again !

• Like 1

Having a system in English is critical to me, I'll search around to see what is involved to install a Unibios and see how complex it is for the install. I guess if I find a Japanese model, I will have to figure the costs to buy/install of the Unibios. This is really good to know. I was avoiding Japanese models because of the language thing.

Thanks again !

You're welcome Dave. Glad to give a helping hand.

Now as far as that game technician is considered, contact mobiusstriptech (Chris) here on Atariage. So far he did 2 AES units that were Japanese and installed the Unibios chip and working on 2 more as well. Just recently, he helped Atariage member, arcadegeek with his unit too.

Here is the link to see his profile.

http://atariage.com/forums/user/62147-mobiusstriptech/

Anthony....

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Thanks again !

Also Dave, to help build confidence, here are the two Japanese AES console that were repaired with the chips installed to them by mobiusstriptech (Chris) bro.

Anthony..

post-12863-0-75535900-1540384969.png

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

You're welcome Dave. Glad to give a helping hand.

Now as far as that game technician is considered, contact mobiusstriptech (Chris) here on Atariage. So far he did 2 AES units that were Japanese and installed the Unibios chip and working on 2 more as well. Just recently, he helped Atariage member, arcadegeek with his unit too.

Here is the link to see his profile.

http://atariage.com/forums/user/62147-mobiusstriptech/

Anthony....

Thanks so much ! It makes me so excited to get a NeoGeo back ! It might be a few weeks but, I'll be getting one fairly soon and I'll contact him when I am ready.

I'm in the process of fixing 3 other consoles, I need to finish those before moving on to another one :(

Edited by TheCoolDave
  • Like 1

Dave,

Another note that you have to take in mind....You mention that you need an adapter for the unit. It's strongly important that you need to make sure that the adapter is the correct version for your unit. Because if you don't, it will damage the console.

For example, your early AES American unit you have uses a Pro-Pow 1 version, If you decide to purchase the units that are on Ebay from the links that I provided, those use different versions like Pro-Pow 3 or Pro-Pow 2.. Just keep in mind that not all adapters will work on AES unit. Just for those that were manufactured for the correct voltage for them.

So, if you get a console that says Pro-Pow 3 on the sticker on the bottom, use a Pro-Pow 3 adapter because it has the correct voltage for it. If you buy one that says Pro-Pow 2, get a Pro-Pow 2 adapter for it.

Sadly, official SNK adapters are expensive. But generic versions will be fine as well. Here's link to a generic Pro-Pow 3 to give you an idea.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AC-Power-Supply-Adapter-for-the-Neo-Geo-AES-Pro-Pow-3-System-10V-DC-1000-mA/172283596818?hash=item281ce71012:g:BxQAAOSwaB5XlhuQ:rk:1:pf:0

Anthony..

• Like 1

Dave,

Another note that you have to take in mind....You mention that you need an adapter for the unit. It's strongly important that you need to make sure that the adapter is the correct version for your unit. Because if you don't, it will damage the console.

For example, your early AES American unit you have uses a Pro-Pow 1 version, If you decide to purchase the units that are on Ebay from the links that I provided, those use different versions like Pro-Pow 3 or Pro-Pow 2.. Just keep in mind that not all adapters will work on AES unit. Just for those that were manufactured for the correct voltage for them.

So, if you get a console that says Pro-Pow 3 on the sticker on the bottom, use a Pro-Pow 3 adapter because it has the correct voltage for it. If you buy one that says Pro-Pow 2, get a Pro-Pow 2 adapter for it.

Sadly, official SNK adapters are expensive. But generic versions will be fine as well. Here's link to a generic Pro-Pow 3 to give you an idea.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AC-Power-Supply-Adapter-for-the-Neo-Geo-AES-Pro-Pow-3-System-10V-DC-1000-mA/172283596818?hash=item281ce71012:g:BxQAAOSwaB5XlhuQ:rk:1:pf:0

Anthony..

Yea, I have controllers and RF adapter is all I have right now. (will need at least a S-video adapter for video as well) Very important and good to know. Thanks again !

Edited by TheCoolDave
  • Like 1

Yea, I have controllers and RF adapter is all I have right now. (will need at least a S-video adapter for video as well) Very important and good to know. Thanks again !

You're welcome Dave. Always a pleasure. :thumbsup: :)

Keep us updated on how your progress is being made. We would love to know the outcome for sure. :)

Anthonny..

• Like 1