Thunder Castle

infinite time to kill dragon

Attached File  thundercastle.bin   32KB   197 downloads

#2 clowerweb OFFLINE  

clowerweb

Combat Commando

• 7 posts

Posted Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:32 AM

Do you have the disassembled source for this? If so, would be awesome if you could post it. I can't get the game to disassemble properly in dis1600 or dasm1600. How did you manage to get it disassembled by the way?

#3 DZ-Jay OFFLINE  

DZ-Jay

Quadrunner

• 12,117 posts
  • The P-Machinery AGE is almost here!

Posted Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:14 PM

Do you have the disassembled source for this? If so, would be awesome if you could post it. I can't get the game to disassemble properly in dis1600 or dasm1600. How did you manage to get it disassembled by the way?

What do you mean "disassembled properly"?

#4 clowerweb OFFLINE  

clowerweb

Combat Commando

• 7 posts

Posted Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:03 PM

What do you mean "disassembled properly"?

The disassembly won't recompile into a usable ROM. It just crashes on startup in jzintv for me, and Bliss won't even open it. What I'm looking for is a compilable disassembly of it.

#5 DZ-Jay OFFLINE  

DZ-Jay

Quadrunner

• 12,117 posts

Posted Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:42 AM

There are two bugs we've recently discovered in dis1600: first, it replaces addresses with EXEC symbols, but does not provide a copy of the symbol table, or allow to disable that feature; and second, conditional "move" operations on the stack (e.g., "CMPR") are misidentified as "PULR" (stack pop) operations.

The first one prevents you from re-assembling the source; the second one adds some weird and unexpected behaviour to the game.  Take a look at the "fantasy sports idea" thread in this forum for a similar discussion and ways to fix the first problem.  Basically, I provided a primary EXEC symbol table, and instructions on how to "fix" the auto-generated symbols to their corresponding addresses.

For the second problem, it requires a bit more work, though it is still rather easy to do.  Get the first one done first, and I can provide assistance with the second if you need it.

-dZ.

#6 clowerweb OFFLINE  

clowerweb

Combat Commando

• 7 posts

Posted Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:43 PM

There are two bugs we've recently discovered in dis1600: first, it replaces addresses with EXEC symbols, but does not provide a copy of the symbol table, or allow to disable that feature; and second, conditional "move" operations on the stack (e.g., "CMPR") are misidentified as "PULR" (stack pop) operations.

The first one prevents you from re-assembling the source; the second one adds some weird and unexpected behaviour to the game.  Take a look at the "fantasy sports idea" thread in this forum for a similar discussion and ways to fix the first problem.  Basically, I provided a primary EXEC symbol table, and instructions on how to "fix" the auto-generated symbols to their corresponding addresses.

For the second problem, it requires a bit more work, though it is still rather easy to do.  Get the first one done first, and I can provide assistance with the second if you need it.

-dZ.

Thanks dZ! I'll have a look and let you know what I figure out. I know nothing about assembly though, I'm just a lowly JavaScript programmer lol, so it might take me a bit.

#7 DZ-Jay OFFLINE  

DZ-Jay

Quadrunner

• 12,117 posts

Posted Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:11 PM

No worries, clowerweb, we all start somewhere.  Just feel free to ask. :)

-dZ.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users