IGNORED

Intellivisionaries episode 7 is up!

We review all three baseball games: Major League Baseball, World Championship Baseball, and World Series Major League Baseball. We also interview Intellivision baseball programmers David Rolfe and Eddie Dombrower, as well as listener Steve Herold. And we have our usual news, feedback, mentions and music.

This is a long one! Lots of great stuff here!

http://www.intellivisionaries.com/

• Like 4

Thanks guys. I just made the end of the month cutoff!

With 6 hours of show (a new record for us), you can imagine how many hours of recording, editing and production went into this one. And if you can't imagine, just ask my wife!

No complaints though. I love doing it. But I need a short vacation for about a week to recover.

Just finished listening, another great episode which included the Inty game I played the most BITD (Major League Baseball) and the Inty game I've played the most since returning to the system (World Championship Baseball).

I can't say enough how cool it is that you guys keep interviewing the programmers whenever possible as I find it really interesting hearing the behind the scenes stuff. I always find myself waiting with baited breath when you ask them if they have any games unfinished or unreleased, I'm always hoping someone will dig something out that we'll be able to play today. Hearing them also talk about what was planned and never happened bums me out though. :_( :-D

Great to hear about how David Rolfe was effectively "creating" the Intellivision as he went along. :) I'd forgotten that he'd made Beamrider, which is another of the games I enjoy playing the most since getting back into the Inty. I also own Steamroller for the CV and it really is a good game as well.

I like how Paul brings up the "Hey would you be interested in creating games for the Inty today" question and doesn't give up easily. :-D make sure you send them all the development kit stuff and as much info as possible, you never know when they might get curious and want to start creating a new game just for the fun of it.

I agree that World Series Baseball is nuts, there's no way it should have existed back then, and if the crash wouldn't have happened I too feel that it would have been a huge game. I had no idea that there was that much going on 'behind the scenes' so to speak in terms of all the variables that were being factored in to each play dependent on the players involved for example. wow. :-o

As for Super Series Baseball, it certainly is a white whale, and one that I had rated as the coolest of all Intellivision variations in a little thread that I put together a couple of years ago. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/199053-cmart-and-revs-top-30-intellivision-variations/

Steve's fan interview was really quite entertaining as well by the way.

Keep up the great work fellas, looking forward to EP8

• Like 3

I

Hey cmart604, I'm steve from the episode. Glad you enjoyed my conversation with Paul. I haven't had a chance to listen yet so don't know exactly what he used but it was a blast doing it…..

Edited by jointfilms.com

Thanks, Cmart. You really made quick work of a 6 hour show!

My goal is to try to convince every programmer I interview to create another game! And yes, development information is being forwarded to all the programmers as well (thanks to William / Elektronite for providing that).

A Steamroller Intellivision port by Dave would be a great start.

Yeah, World Series Major League Baseball is insane. Way ahead of its time.

Steve was great. I'm thinking that pretty soon he'll be buying up homebrews along with the rest of us. Right Steve?

-Paul

Just finished listening, another great episode which included the Inty game I played the most BITD (Major League Baseball) and the Inty game I've played the most since returning to the system (World Championship Baseball).

I can't say enough how cool it is that you guys keep interviewing the programmers whenever possible as I find it really interesting hearing the behind the scenes stuff. I always find myself waiting with baited breath when you ask them if they have any games unfinished or unreleased, I'm always hoping someone will dig something out that we'll be able to play today. Hearing them also talk about what was planned and never happened bums me out though. :_( :-D

Great to hear about how David Rolfe was effectively "creating" the Intellivision as he went along. :) I'd forgotten that he'd made Beamrider, which is another of the games I enjoy playing the most since getting back into the Inty. I also own Steamroller for the CV and it really is a good game as well.

I like how Paul brings up the "Hey would you be interested in creating games for the Inty today" question and doesn't give up easily. :-D make sure you send them all the development kit stuff and as much info as possible, you never know when they might get curious and want to start creating a new game just for the fun of it.

I agree that World Series Baseball is nuts, there's no way it should have existed back then, and if the crash wouldn't have happened I too feel that it would have been a huge game. I had no idea that there was that much going on 'behind the scenes' so to speak in terms of all the variables that were being factored in to each play dependent on the players involved for example. wow. :-o

As for Super Series Baseball, it certainly is a white whale, and one that I had rated as the coolest of all Intellivision variations in a little thread that I put together a couple of years ago. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/199053-cmart-and-revs-top-30-intellivision-variations/

Keep up the great work fellas, looking forward to EP8

Edited by nurmix

Hey cmart604, I'm steve from the episode. Glad you enjoyed my conversation with Paul. I haven't had a chance to listen yet so don't know exactly what he used but it was a blast doing it..

Welcome Steve! You did a good job, and had some funny stories as well as a lot of the same experiences that many of us had so it was cool to hear them. The talk about the Electronic Games magazine reminded me of one of my favourite experiences of that time period where I'd go to our local 7-11 and buy the latest issue and a huge Slurpee or Big Gulp and sit on the sidewalk and read the whole thing cover to cover getting stoked about all the cool upcoming games, many of which turned out to be vapourware sadly. :)

Enjoy your time here, we have the best place on the interwebz to talk about the Inty as well as pick up in trade many of the things you might be missing.

Cheers.

:) I'm hopeful that all the games announced by all the folks producing Inty games will see the light of day. I still think 2014 may yet be the best year ever for the Inty, with games coming from 5 or 6 different sources. Fingers crossed.....plus I've made a fair amount of financial commitments to a few of these projects. :)

:) I'm hopeful that all the games announced by all the folks producing Inty games will see the light of day. I still think 2014 may yet be the best year ever for the Inty, with games coming from 5 or 6 different sources. Fingers crossed.....plus I've made a fair amount of financial commitments to a few of these projects. :)

Its possible some games will slip to 2015 Im sure. This year will be gone before you know it! Then we will be 'where are the 2015 games'?

you guys remember the LOOOONG Intv game drought?

Cool track, Lathe! Do you happen to have a high quality version of it?

Here's the band's official video post. The song is supposed to have a certain amount of distortion, but this video does sound cleaner. You might have to buy the CD to get even better sound, which I am sure the band won't mind. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoGpLl-SUfk

The David Rolfe interview is your best yet. Great job.

Thanks, Dave.

Yeah, he was a great guy to interview; very open and forthcoming with his stories and information. We'll be talking to him again in future episodes, for sure.

My ultimate goal would be for Dave Rolfe and Tom Loughry to team up on Tom's unfinished AD&D island hopping game. I'm doing my best to make that a reality... Who knows!?