IGNORED

Using NES Everdrive on Clone Systems

Is there a list of which clones work? I posted this on NA but got no responses.

From the EDrive website:

• Famicom, NES, and Twin Famicom systems are supported.* Many NES/FC clones supported as well

I happen to have the Yobo clone, so I am particularly interested in that. Has anyone compiled a list of the clones that work or do not work with Everdrive N8? There is another thread on NA about the Powerpak that says it might work with the right CF card and clone combo. Anyone put a list together for the Powerpak?

KRIKzz has put some effort into getting his flash carts to work on clones. However, IMO I would not bother using it on a clone. They are best used on original hardware and you will receive much better support when using it on original hardware if you run into any issues. The reason it will be hard to find a defined list is because some clone hardware just randomly changes over its production life without notice. So making a list can sometimes being a fruitless effort because a flash cart may work on one FC Twin, but not another that came out earlier or later.

• Like 2

If someone knows which clones are compatible with the NES PowerPak (if there are any), maybe post something here as well.. I have a Retro DUO, but the Power Pak doesn't work in it. Not sure about the NES EverDrive. I do know my Super Everdrive works in the Retro DUO.

It's even worse than a specific clone or even a model or batch of a particular model. I've had various NOACs give different levels of compatibility over the lifespan of the unit. Someday there will be nothing left but NOACs. Compatibility is a pretty big concern.

Well honestly, most likely there won't even be NOAC and other -OAC in the long term future either. Most likely emulation will be the preferred method, if it isn't already.

If someone knows which clones are compatible with the NES PowerPak (if there are any), maybe post something here as well.. I have a Retro DUO, but the Power Pak doesn't work in it. Not sure about the NES EverDrive. I do know my Super Everdrive works in the Retro DUO.

Here is something

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=8&threadid=92133

The suggestion is that if your PowerPak will start with no CF card in it then it MIGHT work with a different CF.

• Like 1

It is all futile at best, they are made for original consoles, if you are lucky it might work with a specific clone, the problem is so many clones were manufactured to be "just good enough" to load and play the original cartridges as cheaply as possible (as opposed to counterfeit consoles and clones that came out back in the day that were much closer to the actual hardware) sure it would be damn sweet if they worked on most clones but it is pot luck.

• 3 years later...

Yeah i am curiouse too if the everdrive will work on a some clone systems because i am going about to recieve the game axe color portible nes,and eventrough i heard that it will work with castlevania 3 but NOT with the powerpak,so i hope that the everdrive will work on it ,because that will appreciate me,

or what if retrozone could come with a patch update to allow users to switch the powerpak in famiclone mode to make it work with many(more) famiclones including the retron 5,that would be awesome.