IGNORED

ti99/4a CPM?

am1933

I am starting to think I have imagined this-but I am sure that in some obscure leaflet/catalogue there was some kind of expansion system for the 4a that provided CPM compatibility.

As CPM was Z80 based in nature, I have to assume that the hardware in question had an onboard Z80, basically does anyone know if this actually existed and did the second processor provide any speed benefits to the system.

Or did the infamous TMS9900 bottleneck negate any possible useful communication between the two processors?

I only ask as I have a BBC micro with a Z80 second processor attached that also has an extra 64K of RAM, the machine runs considerably faster in Z80 mode as the computer in effect uses the second processor as the main processor and switches the native 6502 to handling all of the machines I/O functions.

It appears that several of us on the board have one of them too, but unless OPA has the RP/M disk for it, none of us have a fully functional setup for it. . .

Sadly alot of my good invaluable ti99 stuff i collected over years is in cold storage back in Canada, here in DR I got very little in the way of TI99, Geneve stuff. -- And as such my rp/m floppies are not accessable at the moment, if they even readable anymore, -- wish i could help, there must be out there someplace, we really do need a more complete online archive of invaluable disks as backup for everyone.

• Like 3

Sadly alot of my good invaluable ti99 stuff i collected over years is in cold storage back in Canada, here in DR I got very little in the way of TI99, Geneve stuff. -- And as such my rp/m floppies are not accessable at the moment, if they even readable anymore, -- wish i could help, there must be out there someplace, we really do need a more complete online archive of invaluable disks as backup for everyone.

Reminds me of the Coleco Interpreter based on the Geneve GPL interpreter. Sadly, my disk of that interpreter and handful of Coleco cartridges appears to be damaged (even though the disk files read properly with no errors) as it no longer works :(

• 4 years later...
  • 3 years later...