IGNORED

MegaMania Rare White Lable

So I picked up this mystery game today and it didn't have any text and it can't be a faded cart because it doesn't have a faded gameplay image and I am just looking to see if they ever made activision games like this and it is licensed by activison because of the license lable on the back of the cart

post-38603-0-76754200-1396563483_thumb.jpg

post-38603-0-27875100-1396563513_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

It depends entirely on the inks, and the coating, and where the coating was applied or not applied. In this case, I think it's because the faded area would have been printed in what is called "spot color", where a mixed color ink is loaded into the press. This was probably done because of sheer coverage of ink, some colors look better than others in solid "four color" than others (because of the dot patterns of the builds), and running it as a spot would have fixed it. Plus, it might have ultimately been cheaper to do that, the yellow, and the black, than to try to do a four color build of the whole label.