IGNORED

Ever heard anything better coming out of the 7800?

CPUWIZ

BTW, this is what my POKEY devcart looks like. What is interesting about it, is that as you can see, the 74HCT32 isn't populated. This is because I needed an extra PLD (it lives in the SRAM slot on the back of the VersaBoard), for some magic to toggle between the BIOS and writeable ROM image on the same NVRAM chip, I just did the 32's job with the second PLD as well. I have a modified version of my MCPDevCTRL Windows executable, that actually allows me to 'flash' the BIOS, by entering a certain combination of switch positions. :)

P.S. The BIOS lives in the 7800 address space at $1000-$17FF and $3000-$FFFF and almost the entire memory is used (maybe 512 bytes left or so - LOL).

POKEYDevCart.JPG

You know whenever you show the hardware stuff you are working on I have no clue what you are talking about. But I know that I like it and look forward to what this will mean for future homebrews and stuff.

Thanks, and sorry that the details I throw out are not simple. It sure will mean more homebrew support, that's the whole point. It ain't about making a quick buck, that's for sure. :lol:

I need to ask my manufacturer, but I am willing to guess that there are at least 3000 cartridges out there that use my 48K board, to give you a rough idea about what it could mean. If people can just upload and test a ROM, without stupid emulators or burning EPROM's, it's a good thing for everyone.

• Like 2

Where did the music originate? It'd be good to have it on the 8-bit computer if it's not already there.

Looks like the graphics use 8 shades of green. Likewise, it'd be interesting to see how close the computer could get, some tricks would be needed there to replicate in 160 resolution.

Edited by Rybags

Where did the music originate? It'd be good to have it on the 8-bit computer if it's not already there.

Looks like the graphics use 8 shades of green. Likewise, it'd be interesting to see how close the computer could get, some tricks would be needed there to replicate in 160 resolution.

I wrote a tool that digs around in SAP archives for RMT4 tunes, extracts them and massages the data for the 7800. And the graphics use 11 shades. ;)

Crap. Just crap! When can I get in line for this crap! Man I love yer tunes!

Aliens gotta crap too so why not teach cpu how to crap alien style!

I'm down with a little somethin somethin if it's gonna be a vertical shooter or not!

I like yer work!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...