IGNORED

Three.s - Homebrew

Thomas Jentzsch

Hm, I cannot reproduce this. Where did you play? Stella or console?

I can not reproduce it now either.

I thought it happened twice, once on 2600.emu, and once in Stella, so I decided to ask if it happened to anyone else.

(I thought it was the loud tones when you get a lot of combos.)

Great work!

Almost done! :)

1. Added sounds for game over and new high score.
  2. The game now supports are SaveKey in right port.

To make Stella aware of the SaveKey:

TAB key, Game Properties/Controller/P1 Controller = SaveKey, OK, CTRL+R (reload).

From then on Stella will support the SaveKey and remember your high score.

Three.s v0.9.bin

Recently I tested the Atarivox+ on the System Changer for Intellivision only to discover the savekey doesn't work and the voice synthesizer barely does.

Not really related to threes but you never know when understanding these incompatibilities and odd behaviours may spark new ideas. I'm thinking on the way Mattel used Intellivision controllers to play with the Atari adaptor.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/209791-harmony-cart-with-intellivision-system-changer/?p=2976202

Thomas,

What dictates where the next tile will appear? Obviously it will appear on the side opposite the shift (shift left it appears on the right side), and it will appear in any open space, but what dictates which space in the event all four are open and available?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

While the final release is still delayed, I used the time and updated the score display to 6 digits. Now I can display display the current high score (> 500,000 points) of the original. Points given are now also identical with the original and not divided by 3 anymore.

post-45-0-06455300-1412433663_thumb.png

Three.s (v0.92).bin

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey Thomas, I absolutely love what you've done with Threes so far. I hope you don't mind but I did a little video of your game compared to the iOS original.

I'm just sorry I butchered your name in my commentary. Serves me right for talking before doing my research.

I IIke the review.

I'm just about as enthusiastic about it as well.

You should have used the latest version and played it with sound, or mentioned it has sound effects, oh and in only 4K for us supergeeks.

I can't wait to buy a real cart copy, although I play it emulated about every night on the iPad.

(And technically it is pronounced three dots, get it?)

Glad you both like my little game so much. And I really like that very detailed video review! We are currently working hard on getting it released in the store soon (more less identical the latest ROM).

BTW: Actually the math is not that complex. ;) (but 100% identical to the original)

• 2 weeks later...