IGNORED

If You Never Had A Starplex Controller...

...get one! I got mine last week and it breathes new life into games like Asteroids and Star Castle. i.e. playing the games the way they were meant to be played.

Looking forward to playing Space Rocks and Space Duel someday with the Starplex controller...

Time's yours...

• Like 1

...get one! I got mine last week and it breathes new life into games like Asteroids and Star Castle. i.e. playing the games the way they were meant to be played.

Looking forward to playing Space Rocks and Space Duel someday with the Starplex controller...

Time's yours...

I think I told you this is a must have. If not, I've stated it before that it is better than I thought it would be.

@desiv: Also, the button layout is exactly the same as asteroids arcade, I've read.

If I can use this controller with a game, it is my first choice.

Phoenix, Galaxian, Flappy...

I have a Starplex controller (NIB) but as someone who was alive in the 70's and saw arcade games like Asteroids when they were new.. I really have to admit I was never a big fan of the button controls :lol: Maybe it's because I grew up on Taito Space Invaders which had a joystick (as opposed to Midway.. which used buttons).

Not knocking at all.. because it IS the way those games were meant to be played.. and it's obviously how we had to play Space Wars. I just never was all that good at them (button controls). :)

@desiv: Also, the button layout is exactly the same as asteroids arcade, I've read.

That's right, Asteroids didn't have down or up, it had shield and thrust (and fire)..

Been too long since I've seen one of those..

desiv

(duh, hyperspace, not shield.. I knew that... Not sure why I typed shield..)

Edited by desiv

I imagine you'd want to use paddles for that one.

What does the Normal/Astroblast switch on the controller do?

I own quite a few, plus the Space Rocks Version and a hand-painted one, but I have never put batteries in them to try the Astroblast. (They need unscrewed, which isn't hard, just not convenient. There is no battery door.)

You can fire extremely quickly with these. That is one of the things that really impressed me, because of course they are not made from actual arcade controller buttons.

I own quite a few, plus the Space Rocks Version and a hand-painted one, but I have never put batteries in them to try the Astroblast.

You can fire extremely quickly with these. That is one of the things that really impressed me, because of course they are not made from actual arcade controller buttons.

Owning none, your reply doesn't make a lot of sense to me... what is the switch for?

Edited by Rex Dart

I have bunch new in box .. NOS $20 ea plus 5 shipping to the lower 48. PM me

I have the Starplex controllers in storage. I will go there and take a pic of them for those who want one.

I'm definitely in for a NIB / NOS Starplex controller :)