IGNORED

Star Wars The Arcade Game - Atari 2600 - Bob Peak Original Painting for Box

GoFigureToys

I would almost picture a Star Wars collector to be more interested in this than a video game collector.

Not sure why you say that. Star Wars licensed hundreds of products. This illustration is not directly for a movie or the action figure line up. To most Star Wars collectors this is no more important than the original painting to a Star Wars themed coloring book or a happy meal.

It is however, directly related to what Atari collectors collect which is Atari cartridges.

Consider this. He posted on the Star Wars forums first and those die hard Star Wars collectors sent him over here.

Not sure why you say that. Star Wars licensed hundreds of products. This illustration is not directly for a movie or the action figure line up. To most Star Wars collectors this is no more important than the original painting to a Star Wars themed coloring book or a happy meal.

It is however, directly related to what Atari collectors collect which is Atari cartridges.

Consider this. He posted on the Star Wars forums first and those die hard Star Wars collectors sent him over here.

True......$20,000 is too high for this. If I were the seller, I would take the $20,000 offer....

• Like 1

I agree with this to some extent, however, this is one of those unusual pieces of art that found its way into ads in a lot of magazines and comic books in the months before and after the release of the game in various formats, so it definitely had more cross-over appeal than say an original piece of art only used in packaging for a mass retail item that was never advertised.

I agree with this to some extent, however, this is one of those unusual pieces of art that found its way into ads in a lot of magazines and comic books in the months before and after the release of the game in various formats, so it definitely had more cross-over appeal than say an original piece of art only used in packaging for a mass retail item that was never advertised.

Well here is a test.

Would you say that Star Wars collectors consider this game. (The cartridge itself) to be a more desirable Star Wars item than most other Star Wars merchandise?

Do most Star Wars collectors go out of their way to be sure they have one in their collection?

If so then you may be right but as a casual observer of Star Wars collectors I never got that impression.

Well here is a test.

Would you say that Star Wars collectors consider this game. (The cartridge itself) to be a more desirable Star Wars item than most other Star Wars merchandise?

Do most Star Wars collectors go out of their way to be sure they have one in their collection?

If so then you may be right but as a casual observer of Star Wars collectors I never got that impression.

I actually know several Star Wars collectors that have all of the Parker Bros. Star Wars games sealed mint in the box. It just seems like a pretty typical part of an average Star Wars collection.

I actually know several Star Wars collectors that have all of the Parker Bros. Star Wars games sealed mint in the box. It just seems like a pretty typical part of an average Star Wars collection.

Ah, but do they have the Jar Jar Binks Candy Tongue?

post-5874-0-56971100-1397652731_thumb.jpg

I have two friends who are lifelong SW collectors - Friend A's collection is probably $35-50K, Friend B's collection is probably $70-100K - and Friend A has some of the Atari games while Friend B does not (but he does have many of the computer games).

The artwork is beautiful but I, an Atari gamer, am satisfied just seeing it, and I would never finance that amount - I could buy a new vehicle for that amount. Just my opinion. I'm too cheap to pay over $50 for a new game release, or over $20 for a used game, for example. If you can really get over $20k, that's amazing to me. I wonder the people in that market/ price bracket are hanging around internet game forums however - probably not.

Well I'm not an expert, I was just musing out loud I suppose