IGNORED

Would anybody be interested in this? (30th Anniversary Multi) ENDED

CPUWIZ

Maybe he's dyslexic and actually meant 30th anniversary console...

Dyslexic would be far worse...that would mean that folks could expect their consoles to show up in another 22 years!!! :P (with dyslexia, 25 = 52)

Dyslexia would make it the 52nd anniversary so I hope for those involved that is not the case. :woozy: :-o :skull:

Oh Lordy look what I started- CPUWIZ and I have done bussiness... at least a whole handful of times... and he knows I'm just *poking* concidering out paid in full on the AX project and was waiting on the other project.

And look er he pokes back too-

Don't want anyone to forget me... :P ;-)

• Like 1

Dyslexia would make it the 52nd anniversary so I hope for those involved that is not the case. :woozy: :-o :skull:

It's probably a more realistic release date though...

By then, another 5 companies that will use the name "Atari" will have gone through bankruptcy and the great great grandkids of Tramiel and Bushnell will be fighting over the right to purchase the brand, that's assuming James Morgan doesn't buy the brand this year and releases Atari branded e-cig devices...

Edited by Lynxpro
  • Like 1

Well I'm in of 'run two' of these if there is one... run two of one... actully assume I want one of each... please...

I need a 7800 power adaptor- mine died... (off to hunt adaptors)

Nobody is gonna forget you Jamie. Your awesome!! :)

:ponder: :lol: :-D

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

How are you selling a multi-cart with built in commercial roms, when on marketplace there is a pinned thread prohibiting selling an sd multi-cart with roms on the sd card.

When you sell a multi-cart with sd card containing roms, the cartridge is what is being sold and the roms are a free bonus.

Here your directly profiting on commercial roms.

I am sending Albert a link.

A.) Profit? Are you frigging serious right now? You have no clue how much money I invested in enabling homebrew authors to expand their work onto the 7800.

B.) The ROM warning in the marketplace is for warez heads, not ancient systems. This is supposed to be a fun little thing for collectors, celebrating the anniversary (most of which already own all the carts already anyway).

You belong in the Jaguar forum.

• Like 17

Profiting?
Yurkie, you of all people should know the amount of work, including labor, planning and design, that goes into homebrewing hardware is nowhere near being covered by any relatively small amount charged for the item and/or service.
Thankfully, CPUWIZ is here providing this little gem, as well as a plethora of other things, including items to support and help produce future games on the 7800.
Let's try not to bring down the 30th Anniversary year for the 7800, which people like CPUWIZ is making even more great, with such insinuation and negativity.
  • Like 9

How are you selling a multi-cart with built in commercial roms, when on marketplace there is a pinned thread prohibiting selling an sd multi-cart with roms on the sd card.

When you sell a multi-cart with sd card containing roms, the cartridge is what is being sold and the roms are a free bonus.

I am sending Albert a link.

Albert will also build anyone a custom 7800 cart one-off with any rom they choose from the store.

http://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=950

NARC!

Edited by ColecoGemini
  • Like 1

The double standard between commercial roms here, and not allowed to be included on a SD card when a multi-cart is sold in marketplace needs to be changed.

It can't be both ways.

CPUWIZ puts a lot of time effort and money into his boards no doubt and is an asset to the 7800 community.

My comment wasn't an attack on CPUWIZ it was to point out a rediculos double standard.

My comment wasn't an attack on CPUWIZ it was to point out a rediculos double standard.

:ponder:

Confused with the above contradiction and then, is the 'real' issue (your?) trying to sell (or purchase?) a multi-cart with SD-card containing ROMs included in the Marketplace forum and that is not permitted; but are claiming unfair that someone can build a 7800 multi-cart PCB and sell it without issue in the 7800 forum?

And part of the endeavor to handle this "ridiculous double standard" is coming onto the 7800 board, stating a valued member of the community is "profiting" off his labor of love. :?

Couldn't this have best been handled just via PM to Albert instead of additional comments to this thread?

Yurkie, you do a great service with your hardware mods - I'm a big fan...but this I just don't understand.

• Like 2

Yurkie,

I have been one of your most outspoken supporters. I have bought several modded CV and 7800 systems from you, and I have also sent you a ton of business by way of referral. I'll will continue to do so, as your work is and has always been top notch. It has always been a pleasure doing business with you.

That said, I was a bit shocked by your comments above. I am not looking to debate what is and is not allowed in the marketplace, as I personally have no opinion in the matter. Rather, I would just suggest to you: PM's go a long way. No one here (in this particular thread) is going to look at your comments as productive or helpful, as the only people who frequent this thread have been those who want to order one of these games. All it manages to do is rub folks the wrong way, considering this is not the audience that would benefit from hearing these comments. Albert, CPUWIZ and the other mods would be best suited to have this conversation with.

I am not trying to tell you how to manage your personal business…you can handle this however you would like. I am just offering a suggestion that will get you the answers you are looking for, without making an unnecessary spectacle of it. All that does is end up upsetting the whole 7800 community…most of whom have no say in the matter, nor an opinion either way. I have learned this same lesson the hard way for myself in the XM thread. No matter how correct my comments were and no matter how much I was "well within my rights", it still upset many people that I decided to voice my frustration in a public thread. From now on, I try to get my answers via PM first. If that fails, then I take it to the public. I hope you get the answers you are looking for, and I hope this post helps.

• Like 11

Two things:

1. I think, (and I could be wrong) the issue with selling SD cards full of ROMs in the Marketplace isn't a double standard, so much as it is a reflection of which particular intellectual properties are still being heavily protected by their IP owners and which ones aren't. Albert/CPUWIZ likely won't receive a C&D letter from Atari for these multicarts, because they aren't so gun ho about it. But Multicarts requiring SD Cards for systems such as the NES, SNES, SEGA, etc - that's a different story, to varying degrees, depending on the specific IP's in question. It's a nuanced issue, not black & white.

2. Double standards exist in life. Sorry.

Edited by ColecoGemini
  • Like 1

Anyway- I'll just PM a picture of my complience of owning the cart(s) so my order is legal- anyone that needs such a picture can contact me- if there's a 2nd run...

I guess each person could do this too or swear they own all of those carts in question- then like CC2 it's an archival backup...

as I have all of the homebrews, hacks and carts for the 7800 excluding like 3 homebrews(produced since 2007)... I'll make my life easy when it comes time and just take a group picture...

:-o

My three that are missing currently-

1 x Meteor Shower 1 x FailSafe 1 x Crazy Brix