IGNORED

Thetris - game for FLOP magazine

MaPa

Did you ever wish that Rolltris would have not been done with that stupid game concept and rather be a "normal" tetris? :) So then your dreams comes true as MPG PRODUCTION brings you a "new" game Thetris, made exclusively for FLOP magazine number 57. It's Rolltris recoded and adjusted to classic tetris behaviour. So we hope you will like it and play it a lot, have fun!

post-3960-0-05041500-1397326301_thumb.png post-3960-0-13665300-1397326302_thumb.png post-3960-0-04602000-1397326303_thumb.png post-3960-0-01432500-1397326304_thumb.png

thetris.xex

Thetris.zip

• Like 17

Simply beautiful. Looks like really every single pixel has been polished up for perfect presentation. Maybe the best Tetris-clone on the 8bit Atari ever.

Thanks MaPa and PG! Great work. Wish I could be at the Atariada this year.

greetings,

twh!

I didn't like Rolltris much and hoped that it would be modified to play classic Tetris. Thank you very much for the Thetris version! Inclusion of the source code is great, too :)

I think that a "dissolve" effect of some kind to clear the completed lines and some sound effects (in addition to / or instead of the background music) would make this version even more polished.

Arrgh :mad:

please have a version where fire is rotate and up is hard drop (swap them over) :-o :D

I think that a "dissolve" effect of some kind to clear the completed lines and some sound effects (in addition to / or instead of the background music) would make this version even more polished.

Sound effects, yes please :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Rebind keys in emulator ;)

you should know by now I'm a real Atari kinda guy ;)

though I am starting to get used to this crazy control system...

post-19705-0-48817700-1397911222_thumb.jpg

Does Thetris level up past 9? Thought I noticed a speed increase during level 9?

What massive score have you managed MaPa?

:)

No, level 9 is the latest level and it does not speed up anymore, so you can play "forever" then. I played it in emulator only. I remember I did score around 280.000 but we then raised bonus for clearing more lines at once a little bit.

• 1 month later...

I found out this game also runs on my Atari 400PAL 48K (except for the title screen).

It's great to see a 2014 title on my Atari 400 :D (never been more happy with an atari)

On that machine though, I would not suggest keyboard control.