s43548pucud.jpgs43552godmx.jpg
Game Information

Game Name: Galaga
Released by: Atari 1987
7800 HSC High Score: 410,910 oyamafamily
Settings: ADVANCED
Manual: http://atariage.com/manual_html_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=690

ALL NEW SCORES MUST BE POSTED HERE, NO OLD SCORES ALLOWED

POST YOUR NEW SCORE HERE AT THE HIGH SCORE CLUB FIRST, THIS WILL AVOID CONFUSION OF "WHEN" A SCORE WAS RECORDED!

Bonus

Set a 7800 HSC record for [+1] bonus point. Break a previous record for [+2]

Contest Ends

Sunday, April 27th at 10:00PM EST

High Scores

1. 610,000 oyamafamily [+11+2] RECORD BREAKER!

2. 369,390 mbotelho [+10]

3. 232,650 NIKON [+9]

4. 232,320 chuckwalla [+8]

5. 182,160 roadrunner [+7]

6. 174,930 LidLikesIntellivision [+6]

7. 173,030 S.BAZ [+5]

8. 159,420 DonPedro [+4]

9. 143,060 treismac [+3]

10. 135,990 Mister-VCS [+2]

11. 133,500 darthkur [+1]

12. 74,180 classicgamer_27330 [+1]

13. 69,470 SpiceWare [+1]

14. 55,420 segasaturn [+1]

Rankings

NEW

[ ] = Points
( ) = Rounds Played
GREEN = Games Won
GOLD = Seasons Won

GALAGA.A78

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

^^^^ you posted this at highscore.com before u posted it here.

ALL NEW SCORES MUST BE POSTED HERE, NO OLD SCORES ALLOWED

YUP sure did....

attachicon.gifoyamagalaga.PNG

But it was posted on April, 16th, after the start of this round!

Nothing against HSC rules, on the contrary, the champion is showing all his techniques! :thumbsup:

Not only this, he even wrote at the begining of his video it was submitted for highscore.com and AtariAge HSC season 7/ Round 1.

• Like 1

But it was posted on April, 16th, after the start of this round!

Nothing against HSC rules, on the contrary, the champion is showing all his techniques! :thumbsup:

Not only this, he even wrote at the begining of his video it was submitted for highscore.com and AtariAge HSC season 7/ Round 1.

Please expalin yourself....rules clearly state no old scores....once posted on another site 24 hours before this one constitutes an old score.

Why should this even be a question Lid?

Please expalin yourself....rules clearly state no old scores....once posted on another site 24 hours before this one constitutes an old score.

Why should this even be a question Lid?

A score for a game from 1987 is old because of 24 hours? :o

Anyway, let's practice my English writting. :)

1) I'm sure old scores mean: scores achieved before this round.

2) Posting scores elsewhere doesn't make them older.

3) If # 2 isn't accurate then note Oyama wrote when postin in highscore.com: "Tomorrow I will provide my gameplay video." So, the video wasn't even posted 24 hours before. Touchè! ;)

:ponder:

:lol: Funny talk.

• Like 1

Let me clarify something here.

I messaged Jacob before this season started about that there are several AA members posting scores on highscore.com and that he would need to state a rule that all HSC games be new games and scores.. not something that was brought over from highscore.com.

highscore.com does not care when the score was made...it could be 10 yrs old and it doesn't matter.

When it comes to AA...we play by a set of rules that everyone has adopted and abide by. If oyamafamily had posted the score here first...then posted it at highscore.. I would not even be writing this post. But rules are rules...and a score once posted somewhere else cannot be considered a new score even if there is a video and a message in the video stating it is for this and there...rules cannot be bent or overlooked when it is convenient.

This is all I am going to say about this...I do not wish to start up any drama this season I just do not have the energy nor the passion to pursue this any further.

One of two things will happen here

1. The score stands at which I will withdraw from this season of competition and possibly others as well ( I know I know sour grapes...but I follow rules to the letter...not when it suits me)

2. Oyamafamily will have to submit a new score to the HSC in which I will continue to participate in this season.

I am done.

Oh, now I understand what you're saying.

But still, why a simply score posted here, as my 174k score, is believed to be a score achieved in this week and not before and a score posted here and also posted in highscore.com may be a score achieved before this week?

I also like to post in highscore.com my scores from AA HSCs and, if I thought my 174 would be my last one for this game, I probably would have posted there too. This doesn't make the score more likely to be an old score. For instance, I remember I posted some Atari 2600 scores in highscore.com first, then I showed it in AA HSC (of course, a score achieved during the current round).

Heck, I even could have all the trouble of recording videos for every higher score and post both in AtariAge and highscore.com!

Oyamafamilly shows how much he likes to play. He's always recording and he posts many scores here and at highscore.com.

In fact, this Galaga score is his second highscore.com submition. Both with videos!

rules clearly state no old scores....once posted on another site 24 hours before this one constitutes an old score.

Maybe Jacob can clarify for us.

If he had put it up at HS.com before the 13th I wouldn't question it either, but I am under the impression that a current score for the HSC means that it was played during the current round of the HSC. I don't see it in this HSC's rules but from what I've seen for the other ones it seems to say "only scores from games played during this round are allowed." I don't remember seeing that a score must be posted within 24 hrs. But if that is the case I must admit I have definitely been late many times posting my scores. Sometimes I don't even have internet access for a couple days.

I've also put up a couple of scores at HS.com before posting it at AtariAge. If that is against the rules I'm sorry this is the first time I've heard of it. But if so I'm happy to abide by that

Also... if it is ok to post a score more than 24hrs old which has NOT been posted elsewhere,

AND it's ok if posted elsewhere as long as it was within 24hrs before posting here...

BUT against the rules if it was scored during this round and posted elsewhere more than 24hrs ago, ...

I was also unaware of that.

??? Questions for clarification:

1) definition of a current score

2) is a score disqualified if it has been posted elsewhere?

3) if not, must it have been within 24hrs?

Well, I decided to remove my previous score in this thread, try again, post a new one and write the Date Achieved in my video and photo.

GALAGA ADVANCED - 610,000

PICTURE: post-24681-0-81231900-1397989203_thumb.png

VIDEO:

Picture and video sent to JacobZu7zu7. For the next rounds, I will take measure as presented above.

And to avoid further inconveniences, I will post score here BEFORE posting it at HighScore.com

• Like 2

Well, I decided to remove my previous score in this thread, try again, post a new one and write the Date Achieved in my video and photo.

GALAGA ADVANCED - 610,000

PICTURE: attachicon.gifgalaga.png

VIDEO:

Picture and video sent to JacobZu7zu7. For the next rounds, I will take measure as presented above.

And to avoid further inconveniences, I will post score here BEFORE posting it at HighScore.com

Just keepin it real dude....rules are rules.. Thank you for doing that PLUS you got a better score to boot.

• Like 2

??? Questions for clarification:

1) definition of a current score

2) is a score disqualified if it has been posted elsewhere?

3) if not, must it have been within 24hrs?

ANSWERS:

1. A current score is a fresh score MADE to be posted in competition here at 7800 High Score Club. It should reach other websites anytime AFTERWARDS. I'd recommend posting to another site after the game round is over, you'll have your best score in 2 weeks time and without questions to be asked.

2. YES. It will be disqualified if brought to my attention. Show us that your score is meant to be played in competition here. For example... you can post at High Score.com a second AFTER you post here and no harm is done.

3. NO, it doesn't matter the day your score was made, as long as it was played in the active "2 weeks" game round, and not taken from another website.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 2