IGNORED

Bit of advice on a 2600 Jr PAL

oky2000

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I got a 2600 Jr and it didn't have the correct PSU with it but I pulled out an Ingersol one from my other light sixer and connected it all up.

I put in a few games that came with it and they all worked after dusting off the cart contacts no problem.

However when playing Defender II after about 20 seconds of that the game stopped working. Now whichever of those three games I plug in they all come up with random noises and the sort of glitches you get before blowing on the carts. Tried about 20 times with all 3 games and the 2600 will not run the games, just the same random patterns/noises like games you need to blow on to get working. Opened up the console and plugged the carts directly into the connector like that after cleaning it a little and it does the same thing still.

Never seen this fault so thought I would ask some advice here. I really hate to throw away anything vintage so would appreciate any advice. I know it's probably only worth a tenner or less but it's the principle of the thing...if we keep junking PCs and keep repairing retro gear maybe the world will be back to how it should have stayed haha :)

I dug out my own 2600 Jr and all 3 games worked first time after swapping out this Jr. I think something must have gone on the board when Defender cut out after 20 seconds. There's nothing obviously wrong visually with the board or the cartridge slot so maybe I'll just keep it for spares as is...the case is not bad either.