IGNORED

INTV Best Game of All Times - Round 1 - 4/25 (Shoot'em up initial)

vprette

What is the best game in the list   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Vote the best INTV game from the following list (you're also voting for Best Shoot'em up)

• Astrosmash (Mattel)
    • Space Armada (Mattel)
    • Space Hawk (Mattel)
    • Hover Force (INTV)
    • Dreadnaught Factor (Activision)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This is the pool to vote the best games ever for Intellivision :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In this pool we introduce shooting games!

Shooting games were a must in the 80s and titel like Asteroids and Defender made the fortune of Atari VCS (my friends were always asking for defender on my intellivision, but this title arrives late after VCS)

There were such beautiful shooting games on INTV, both original and classic conversions.

Let's start with...

Mattel-Astrosmash.jpgMattel-Space-Armada.jpgMattel-Space-Hawk.jpg

INTV-Hover-Force.jpgActivision-The-Dreadnaught-Factor.jpg

Edited by vprette

Hover force was a really original concept, and we recently discover it works fine with 3d glasses!

Also Dreadnaught was a good game, but the Atari5200 version used a better vertical point of view... I guess INTV version should have been remade with the same approach

Edited by vprette

I see that I can compare Astrosmash against Space Hawk, but not against Atlantis? I don't get this...

I did not put all games togheter.... teh best voted goes to round 2 with others... there will be probalby astrosmash against atlantis in round 2 since both are getting votes

Edited by vprette

I see that I can compare Astrosmash against Space Hawk, but not against Atlantis? I don't get this...

Lol! dZ why are you struggling to understand this? All games will be available to vote for, just in small groups so that we knock off some along the way on our way to crowning a champion. :)

For me this was a battle between Astrosmash and Dreadnaught and while I love them both I went with Astrosmash

...probably don't get how they do the World Cup of Football either, do you?

I do get that when you have teams with multiple people, they cannot all play at the same time against each other, so multiple events are needed.

I just find it silly to do the same for a list of games that can very well put all together on a single poll, by category. Oh well.

dZ.

Lol! dZ why are you struggling to understand this? All games will be available to vote for, just in small groups so that we knock off some along the way on our way to crowning a champion. :)

For me this was a battle between Astrosmash and Dreadnaught and while I love them both I went with Astrosmash

I'm not struggling with it, just found it peculiar. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

I'm not struggling with it, just found it peculiar. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

I like the element of suspense with multiple rounds of voting and you just never know who might knock off a favourite, just like March Madness in College Basketball.

The homebrew rounds will be interesting as well. :)

• Like 1

I like the element of suspense with multiple rounds of voting and you just never know who might knock off a favourite, just like March Madness in College Basketball.

I guess I should have read the post before voting. I just found it alarming that I had to choose between what I thought were lame games, and the polls were missing some of the best ones! :o

I'll wait then until they come out. I have no interest in judging Coleco's DK versus Carnival, when I already know they will both be eliminated later. (Oops! Too late, I already did! Lol!)

Agreed ... champion against champion in the later rounds will be fun to watch.

To say the least ...

I guess I should have read the post before voting. I just found it alarming that I had to choose between what I thought were lame games, and the polls were missing some of the best ones! :o

I'll wait then until they come out. I have no interest in judging Coleco's DK versus Carnival, when I already know they will both be eliminated later. (Oops! Too late, I already did! Lol!)

Yah with 25 battles in the first round alone, just think how much we can pad our posting numbers. :) plus the discussion of people's favourite games in small groups I find interesting and which were the contenders in each group and which ones absolutely sucked.

Yikes. Am I the only one that LOVED Space Armada as a kid? I played that one until the cart died ...

I am also a big fan of Space Armada. The red spaceship going out of its expected trajectory in the later levels is one of the greatest surprises I have had in my life.

Space Armada is an awesome game and unfortunately extremely underrated.

I am also a big fan of Space Armada. The red spaceship going out of its expected trajectory in the later levels is one of the greatest surprises I have had in my life.

Space Armada is an awesome game and unfortunately extremely underrated.

Wait, what?? Darn! I guess I never played it enough. Now I have something else to do this week-end. :lol:

Yeah, I totally forgot that the saucer would come down and drain your shields in Space Armada. The different weapons were also a great touch, but I always thought the baddies were just a wee bit too large. Then again, the games tended to be a little shorter than the VCS Space Invaders marathons.