IGNORED

INTV Best Game of All Times - Round 1 - 5/25 (all IMAGIC)

vprette

What is the best game in the list  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Vote the best INTV game from the following list (all IMAGIC games!)

• Microsurgeon (Imagic)
    • Dragonfire (Imagic)
    • Fathom (Imagic)
    • Beauty & Beast (Imagic)
    • Tropical Trouble (Imagic)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

imagic games were pretty famous in Italy (unlike atari and parker that were very hard to find in shops..), but expensive ($80 aprox at time.. except for one)

as a matter of curiosity.. I did buy the extremly rare fathom because for some reason it was the cheaper game of all for intv in Italian shops ($15)... I did not like it, but now is a precious item in my collection :-)

I liked Demon Attack a lot, mostly because of the cool screen that the 2600 did not have. I played that and Beauty and the Beast often. Demon Attack is CLEARLY the winner as it's not here.

Edited by BBWW

This is the pool to vote the best games ever for Intellivision :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's focus on the IMAGIC catalog.

many original and good games here as well...

Imagic-Microsurgeon.jpgImagic-Dragonfire.jpgImagic-Fathom.jpg

Imagic-Beauty-And-The-Beast.jpgImagic-Tropical-Trouble.jpg

Add Demon Attack Please.

Demon Attack won't be added here. It will appear in a different Round 1 poll. The polls will each have 5 games in them since this makes brackets easy.

That's a very bizarre way of voting for the "Best Game Of All Time." You either compare them against each other, or else it's just meaningless.

-dZ.

That's a very bizarre way of voting for the "Best Game Of All Time." You either compare them against each other, or else it's just meaningless.

-dZ.

it's perfectly working since there will be only one title at the end, and the same for shooting and sport games, since those are compared against other shooting and sport titles pool after pool

I like these groupings of five, ultimately all 125 games will be available to vote for, and we get to slowly move our way towards the champion.

As for this one, I'm guilty of not playing Fathom very much (I pulled a Jason and I just haven't bothered reading the manual so I don't know what the hell I'm doing). I enjoy playing the others but Beauty gets my vote as it's the one I go back to the most in this group.

B&B goes really far in the poll for me. It is easily my favorite Imagic game.

poor microsurgeon :-(

I did have B&B, but I found it too easy... maybe I dont remember and there was a difficulty level selection

Edited by vprette

I like these groupings of five, ultimately all 125 games will be available to vote for, and we get to slowly move our way towards the champion.

As for this one, I'm guilty of not playing Fathom very much (I pulled a Jason and I just haven't bothered reading the manual so I don't know what the hell I'm doing). I enjoy playing the others but Beauty gets my vote as it's the one I go back to the most in this group.

Fathom is terrible!...I think ;-)

I really liked three of these - Microsurgeon, Beauty and the Beast, and Tropical Trouble. Ended up going w/ B&B by a nose -- enjoyed the faster pace. It was so tough not to pick Microsurgeon on other merits (graphics and ambition).

I thought Dragonfire looked and played better on the VCS to be honest, and Fathom. Meh. Never really did get into that one.

it's perfectly working since there will be only one title at the end, and the same for shooting and sport games, since those are compared against other shooting and sport titles pool after pool

But typically in a single elimination you seed it with the predicted-to-be-strongest entrants against the predicted-to-be-weakest entrants, so the first at least has clear victories or clear upsets.

When you put several strong games together in one group, only one survives, when maybe all of those games (or a large subset) deserve to be in the final round. :-) It's probably fine for determining an overall global "best", but it won't give you a reliable indicator of "second place."

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 2