IGNORED

INTV Best Game of All Times - Round 1 - 6/25 (more sport)

vprette

What is the best game in the list  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Vote the best INTV game from the following list (you're voting for Best Sport game at same time)

• Soccer (Mattel)
    • Tennis (Mattel)
    • Boxing (Mattel)
    • Mountain Madness (Intv)
    • Spiker (Intv)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This is one of the pools to vote the best games ever for Intellivision :-)

The will be several pools of 5 titles each to cover the following categories:

- Best game of all time

- Best sport game

- Best shoot'em up

- Best arcade conversion

- Best producer

Sport and shoot'em up have a specific category because of the many representative titles.

Arcade games have a specific category since it was a must of that time to port games from the arcade to console, and I remember all the magazines evaluating the power of the consoles by comparing the conversions :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are back to sport, since there are so many titles in this category.

This time a more "europe friendly" sports in the list.

Mattel-Soccer.jpgMattel-Tennis.jpgMattel-Boxing.jpg

INTV-Mountain-Madness-Super-Pro-Skiing.jINTV-Spiker-Super-Pro-Volleyball.jpg

Edited by vprette

is but... soccer!!!

one of my 3 preferred games in the system..

Sorry about soccer. I also enjoyed the game a lot. I fund the option to independently control the goalie something very cool.

The innovative 3/4 view of the field was so innovative at the time. Fifa series of games owe a lot to the Intellivision.

I remember that in an article of Retro Gamer it was mentioned that Soccer was the first proper Football game ever.

There simply was a lot of innovation at Mattel at the time.

By the way, speaking of Mattel innovation, has anyone read the current Retro Gamer article on the 35th anniversary of the Intellivision?

In the article, there are some interesting insights into the "out of the box" approach of Mattel programmers. Good read.

Soccer was so much better than anything else back in the day and surely the game that was responsible for making the Inty so popular in Italy. I remember they were even playing it in TV shows before real football matches, asking people on the phone line to give "commands" (e.g. run higher, lower, pass, shoot etc.) to the players at the console in the studio! Really crazy way of playing a game remotely! :grin:

Wow. I didn't realize this was essentially a four way tie for second! :-o Maybe you should do a quick two day poll of the four second place games and have us revote with Spiker already going through? It would then depend on what all the Spiker fans had as their second choice.

Wow. I didn't realize this was essentially a four way tie for second! :-o Maybe you should do a quick two day poll of the four second place games and have us revote with Spiker already going through? It would then depend on what all the Spiker fans had as their second choice.

yes, this pool is very unpredictable... don't know how to manage