IGNORED

INTV Best Game of All Times - Round 1 - 7/25 (arcades)

vprette

What is the best game in the list  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Vote the best INTV arcade conversion from the following list

• Locomotion (Mattel - Konami)
    • Donkey Kong Jr. (Coleco - nintendo)
    • Pac Man (Atari - Namco)
    • Qbert (Parker - Gottlieb)
    • Dig Dug (Intv - Namco)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

i'm considering discarding the 2nd in the atlantis pool (that got only 3 votes so far) to give a chance to the 3rd of this group... what you think?

I would recommend waiting until ALL the first rounds are complete, tally up all games that didn't win, and then advance them based on number of votes. Not all second place games are created equally!

Agree 100% w/Fushek - some groups deserve 3 while others only 1.

I will do some consideration... but in general, it's nosense to let 3rd places going... we will see if any 3rd place got many votes (it is the case of qbert for examples..)

but in general... a game finished 3rd... it's 3rd ! people expressed votes and the goal is to find the best one at the end...

Edited by vprette

It would be the exception and not the rule. A 3rd place finisher with 12 votes should get in over a 2nd place finisher with 4 votes IMO. But no biggie - in end needs to get narrowed down anyways and not looking to make your job any harder:-)

I agree.. in some case we need to make considerations about 3rd with 14 votes against 2nd with 3-4 votes... I will

Edited by vprette

I expect pac man to be one overall favourite!

I did vote for locomotion but expecting to be one of the few people.. instead people know this game!

very interesting info from the comments that make checking better some games (I did not consider dig dug a good conversion... I have to play it further)

Edited by vprette

I voted for Dig Dug here because it is a nice version of the game and has a nice rendition of the main song. I have since played QBert a bit more and I have to say it is an excellent version of QBert. Most of the time, he flies around the pyramid easily with the use of the disc - very easy to control. I think there is definitely a reason to move 3 of these into the next round.

Edit: 3rd place from here should definitely go in ahead of Mouse Trap from that other group.