IGNORED

INTV Best Game of All Times - Round 1 - 9/25 (Intellivoice)

vprette

What is the best game in the list   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Vote the best Intellivoice game from the following list

• B-17 Bomber (Mattel)
    • Bomb Squad (Mattel)
    • Space Spartans (Mattel)
    • Tron Solar Sailer (Mattel)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This is a pool to vote the best games ever for Intellivision :-)

There will be several pool of 5 titles each to cover the following categories:

- Best game of all time

- Best sport game

- Best shoot'em up

- Best arcade conversion

- Best producer

Sport and shoot'em up have a specific category because of the many representative titles.

Arcade games have a specific category since it was a must of that time to port games from the arcade to console, and I remember all the magazines evaluation the power of the consoles by comparing the conversions :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This pool is made of 4 titles only because covering the Intellivoice.

A totally forgotten accessory (at least in Europe) that could not show many titles before to die :-)

But the 4 games are pretty good, and I cannot forget that super classic like Space Shuttle and Quest were in the queue and did not see the light.

Mattel-B-17-Bomber.jpgMattel-Bomb-Squad.jpg

Mattel-Space-Spartans.jpgMattel-Tron-Solar-Sailer.jpg

Edited by vprette

This was actually a tough vote for me. I really like the sounds and tension in Bomb Squad. B-17 is great as well, with lots of action multiple views and another memorable cast of voices. Space Spartans is enjoyable, too, but not as original. Tron, well, is Tron! The game is a bit more abstract than the others, but it pulls off some neat tricks with the grid bugs and whatnot.

In the end, the urgency and the soundtrack of Bomb Squad got my vote.

I remember that! I have used as voice in starting up the OS on my Amiga computer

Haha, funny you should say that. I currently use it as the notification sound effect for e-mail coming from the IntvProg mailing list. ("Destroy the humanoid" is on the notifications for messages from AA.) :)

I went for Bomb Squad. Tough choice as B17 and Space Spartans are also amazing games.

I was recently playing Trauma Center on the Nintendo DS, a game highly praised for its innovation and pace, and I can only think about Bomb Squad while playing it.

From the IGN review of Trauma Center: "… as you use the stylus as your scalpel to solve complex surgical puzzles with extreme precision. All the while experience a compelling story with intriguing characters."

All this praise could easily apply to Bomb Squad. More than two decades before the Nintendo DS the geniuses at Mattel have already done it. Cheers.

so Bomb squad got fans.. I have seen it only in video, it seems interesting but very unusual compared to action games tipycal of the time

I like Bomb Squad a lot, and played it quite a bit as a kid; but my heart is on B-17 Bawwwmmer. :)

-dZ.

• Like 1