IGNORED

INTV Best Game of All Times - Round 1 - 10/25 (sport Super Pro)

vprette

What is the best game in the list   

52 members have voted

1. 1. Vote the best game (you are voting for Best Sport game here as well)

• Slap Shot (Intv)
    • Chip Shot (Intv)
    • Super pro decathlon (Intv)
    • Super Pro Football (Intv)
    • Slam Dunk (Intv)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This is one of the pools to vote the best games ever for Intellivision :-)

There will be several pools of 5 titles each to cover the following categories:

- Best game of all time

- Best sport game

- Best shoot'em up

- Best arcade conversion

- Best producer

Sport and shoot'em up have a specific category because of the many representative titles.

Arcade games have a specific category since it was a must of that time to port games from the arcade to console, and I remember all the magazines evaluating the power of the consoles by comparing the conversions :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sport again! this time the latecomer from Intv, mentioned as Super Pro version of well know sports.

Are those really improved from the Mattel versions?

Super Pro skiing was already in another pool so the place is for decathlon.

Again a tough pool!!

INTV-Slap-Shot-Super-Pro-Hockey.jpgINTV-Chip-Shot-Super-Pro-Golf.jpgINTV-Super-Pro-Decathlon.jpg

INTV-Super-Pro-Football.jpgINTV-Slam-Dunk-Super-Pro-Basketball.jpg

Sadly Hockey is the worst of these due to the lack of upgrades relative to the others so it's not even a contender for me. The other four I play a lot and they're all superb. Hmmmm....I'm going to go with Chip Shot but I easily could have voted for the others.

Unfortunately, these games did not arrive to Mexico at the time so I did not played them properly.

So far, I have only tried Super Pro Football and liked it… so my vote goes there. Although I still prefer the "programming" plays option of the original NFL football.

I have Super Pro Golf and BBall in my list of games to try out. Cheers.

cmart - great minds think alike even though we cast a different vote in the end. I really never played SP Decathlon in decades so I couldn't consider it. I wish Slapshot was good as I am a HUGE Hockey Fan - I got this when it 1st came out and was very disappointed at how little was added to the game. They could've st least added a penalty shot "extra" feature like in World Cup Soccer - I mean very little. I think Slam Dunk, Chip Shot, & SP Football all excellent and ahead of their time but chose Slam Dunk in the end and I'm not even a basketball fan - just think that game was extremely well done and a LOT of fun. Chip Shot would be my 2nd choice even though I'm not a big golf fan and SP Football 3rd - was also very good and like the stats, etc. but took a while to play a full game.

Wow, I chose Slam Dunk also. I loved drafting players and thought it played well. How can this game not be winning when nearly all of the comments are about it? I think some people need to get out and play this game!

• Like 1

cvga, I'm with you and only thing I can say is there are obviously a LOT of football fans and a LOT of golf fans and those games were excellent too. But Slam Dunk was no slouch by any means and I definitely enjoyed that one. But if you are a golf fan, which I am not, I could easily see Chip Shot winning this - that game added SO much as well.

I too think Slam Dunk is a great game, and while I'm not a golf fan at all (unless Tiger is in the running on a Sunday since I appreciate greatness in sports) I had to go with Chip Shot because it's so damn fun and challenging! :)

I agree cmart - can't wait for the podcast on golf/chip shot. I could be wrong because Chip Shot did come out like 4 years after WS Baseball, but I think it was ahead of its time big time. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong - I know NES had better graphics and probably several golf games, etc. but did it/they incorporate all the features of Chip Shot (different courses, designing own course, etc. )? If it wasn't ahead of its time, it was a damn good game for the inty that could compete against a next generation system. I wish I would've played this one more - in due time.