IGNORED

atari800win access host files from DOS?

rwt

Atari800win lets you map the h: drive to a directory on the host computer. Under DOS 2.5 or MyDOS 4.5, I can access it from BASIC but commands from the DOS menu don't seem to recognize it. Should they? Am I doing something wrong or is h: just not accessible from the DOS menu?

H: is still there but DOS 2.x generally doesn't handle devices other than D: all that well.

If you want to copy files, generally it's a case of using the full name rather than wildcards. Additional to that, long filenames won't be handled well.

But a lot of stuff like copy, rename, delete doesn't matter much anyway since you can more easily just do it from Windows.

Also, the emulator creates an environment such that the directory is like a DOS 2.x disk, so IIRC you'll be limited to the first 64 files located in many cases.

• Like 1

DOS 2.5 and MyDOS 4.53 both can use H: from their menus, although as Rybags says wildcarding isn't always allowed. Atari800Win does seem to have some problems in its H: handler that prevent directory listings from working; I can get listings from H: fine with Altirra and Atari800 3.0.