IGNORED

Is anyone else interested in a better Donkey Kong Jr.?

sunsetrider91

As someone who enjoys Donkey Kong Jr as much as the original DK, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in making an arcade perfect port in the vein of tep32's dk xm. Since all 4 levels are already present from the arcade version, only the cutscenes, US stage order, various graphical details and pokey sound would be needed to make it basically arcade perfect. I don't have any programming/coding experience and I'm just asking if anyone would be interested in making this.

• Like 1

….and I would like someone to create a robot that cooks for me, cleans the house and has Shatner's face:

attachicon.gifShatie.jpg

I don't really understand the whole "chase people off the board" mentality for coming up with ideas to discuss. As it is, the 7800 subforum only gets about 2-3 new threads per week. It's not like the board is overrun with so-called idea peddlers. Such negative vibes. Booooo!

I guess you didn't like my idea. Negative nancy!!!!

nice!

the arcade sprites are actually very different looking compared to the NES and standard 7800 ones.

MarioLuigi_MarioBrosSprites.png

Technically possible, but in addition to designing sprites are needed code changes that are not easy.

Here are some sprites:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/216044-another-7800-game-to-update-like-donkey-kong-xm/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2968538

nice!

the arcade sprites are actually very different looking compared to the NES and standard 7800 ones.

MarioLuigi_MarioBrosSprites.png

I guess you'd have to owe part of that to the fact that -- in contrast to the 7800 version -- these arcade sprites use square pixels. Of course reasonable compromises can always be made. I suppose the main thing in the 7800 version is that Mario seems to look a little squished, vertically, which isn't so untypical of conversions from arcade monitor systems to television/computer monitor systems.