IGNORED

Super Chef Burgertime ROM for CC3 ?

daldude

Check here

Is there anywhere to download the ROM of Super Chef Burgertime for Intellivision that will work with the Cuttle Cart 3? I found the ROM but it did not work on my Cuttle Cart 3 so I E Mailed the programmer of it and he said it was written to run on the emulators and he said he had no plans to sell the ROM that works on the Cuttle Cart 3 but might someday make it compatible with the Cuttle Cart 3.

First why would it not run on the Cuttle Cart 3 but run on an emulator? If the emulators emulate the Intellivison then why would the ROM not run on the Cuttle Cart 3 that just provides a way to load the game code into the Intellivisions Memory? All the other game ROMs and Demo ROMs I've downloaded have run on my Cuttle Cart 3 but I have had some ROMS that would not run on a emulator and only run on the Cuttle Cart 3.

I have an Intellivision 2 if that makes any difference. There are a few DEMOS that will not run on my Intellivision that ran just fine on the Sears Intellivision I had before it died when I forgot to turn it off one day and it stayed one for over a week before I realized it was still on and I guess the voltage regulator(That thing that has that small white ribbon cable attached to it that goes to the mother board) or maybe a chip on it died from being on too long.

When Super Chef Burgertime came out in cartridge format I could not afford to pay the $70 that was being charged for it and I still can't afford that even if it was still for sale.

I don't see any problem with making a Cuttle Cart 3 compatible version available free for download if the Emulator version is a free download there can't be a copyright issue since playing it on a emulator is no different then on the actual Intellivision via Cuttle Cart 3.

Where did you find the ROM? Could it be that it is not really a ROM of the game? As far as I know, David did not release it in ROM publicly.

-dZ.

He has a link at the bottom of the SuperChef BT page. The main ROMs download page is here:

http://www.intellivision.us/roms/roms.php

It's a .ROM file. I haven't tried it out though.

Edited by intvsteve

He has a link at the bottom of the SuperChef BT page. The main ROMs download page is here:

http://www.intellivision.us/roms/roms.php

I just played it in my CC3 and it works fine. Here is the link to download

Edited by SoulBuster

The ROM has the "CC3 baud byte" set in the first byte. This works fine if you're DL'ing to a CC3 over serial. I think may not work if you load it onto an SD card directly. (I'm not sure; I don't have an SD card in my main CC3.)

All you have to do is change the first byte from 0x41 to 0xA8, or run it through "rom2bin" and "bin2rom" from SDK-1600.

Edited by intvnut

Still does not work I think it is because I have a Intellivision 2.

If it doesn't work on Intellivision 2, then you or someone else will have to tweak it to work on Intellivision 2. I suspect all you need to do is the following:

[macro]

@p 500C C0

• Run bin2rom on the result.
  • Play the now-patched ROM file on your Intellivision 2.

Yeah, it's all command-line magic. But, it generally works.

Edited by intvnut

I just played it in my CC3 and it works fine. Here is the link to downIoad

I downloaded the file and when I ran rom2bin got this error

Z:\NTFS DATA MP3\Intellivision\SDK1600\sdk1600\bin>ROM2BIN BURGRTM2.ROM

Decoding error: Bad ROM Header

Z:\NTFS DATA MP3\Intellivision\SDK1600\sdk1600\bin>

from this website http://www.intellivision.us/roms/SCBT.zip by clicking on the link in SoulBuster's Replay above

intvsteve, on 20 Apr 2014 - 10:36 PM, said:snapback.png

http://www.intellivi...s/roms/roms.php

I just played it in my CC3 and it works fine. Here is the link to download

I used Linux File Roller An archive manager for GNOME.3.4.1

to extract the ROM file

The ROM has the "CC3 baud byte" set in the first byte. This works fine if you're DL'ing to a CC3 over serial. I think may not work if you load it onto an SD card directly. (I'm not sure; I don't have an SD card in my main CC3.)

All you have to do is change the first byte from 0x41 to 0xA8, or run it through "rom2bin" and "bin2rom" from SDK-1600.

How do I change the first byte from 0x41 to 0xA8 ? What program do I use to edit the ROM file?

I know nothing about editing ROM files or writing programs other then in BASIC.

The ROM, without modification, works on the Intellivision 1, III and the Sears, but not on the Intellivision II.

I copied the rom file directly from the web site onto the Micro SD card for the CC3. Then I modified the menu system so it would show up.

This file has a 'BAD Header' when you try to run it through ROM2BIN.

It still does not run after changing the 1st byte from 0x41 to 0xA8 on the Intellivision II, but it can now go through ROM2BIN and BIN2ROM, but still does not load on the Intellivision II. However, it does run on the Intellivision III (the only system I chose to test at this point)

The ROM, without modification, works on the Intellivision 1, III and the Sears, but not on the Intellivision II.

I copied the rom file directly from the web site onto the Micro SD card for the CC3. Then I modified the menu system so it would show up.

This file has a 'BAD Header' when you try to run it through ROM2BIN.

It still does not run after changing the 1st byte from 0x41 to 0xA8 on the Intellivision II, but it can now go through ROM2BIN and BIN2ROM, but still does not load on the Intellivision II. However, it does run on the Intellivision III (the only system I chose to test at this point)

It sounds like you have a really old version of bin2rom. Have you tried with the version in jzIntv 1.0 beta4? It has a more up-to-date bin2rom. I committed the required change to support the alternate baud byte way back in 2006. http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/intv/

With an updated bin2rom/rom2bin, do the instructions above help?

It sounds like you have a really old version of bin2rom. Have you tried with the version in jzIntv 1.0 beta4? It has a more up-to-date bin2rom. I committed the required change to support the alternate baud byte way back in 2006. http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/intv/

With an updated bin2rom/rom2bin, do the instructions above help?

Apparently I had version 3 (beta 3?). The link you sent shows the SDK beta 4 but has a bad link to the file. I had to search Google for it. But your fix works. And it works on all models that I own. Thanx!

The link I used was here.

Edited by SoulBuster

Apparently I had version 3 (beta 3?). The link you sent shows the SDK beta 4 but has a bad link to the file. I had to search Google for it. But your fix works. And it works on all models that I own. Thanx!

The link I used was here.

The download links on the right-hand side of the page work for me. The two links that were embedded in the text (which are just repeats of the links at the right) were broken. I fixed them. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

Could you give the page another try, just to be sure? (You may need to explicitly refresh in case your browser cached it. My website is all static pages, and browsers love caching them.)