IGNORED

Pal Gtia Adapter - Atari 5200 / 1200XL ...

St(r)yker

I bought 3 of these from your original batch. Still didn't fitted them in my 1200xl

Now on your site I read the ones you sell now do also work in Atari 800. Is that also the case with my original adapter or did you modify them later?

It is the same board. The only modifications I made were to try and reduce the height of the parts to better fit. In the card slot configuration like on the 800 there is so little space between the cards. Your boards may fit. Candle was the one advising me to reduce height as much as possible.

It is the same board. The only modifications I made were to try and reduce the height of the parts to better fit. In the card slot configuration like on the 800 there is so little space between the cards. Your boards may fit. Candle was the one advising me to reduce height as much as possible.

And flashjazzcat too! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I attach files pal gtia adapter for personal use only, not for commercial use.

If someone wants to kit out the first post ---> 26$ with delivery included ( priority registered letter)

Regardless of how you squirm, you are trying to reverse engineer and sell something that has not been released to pd, has not been abandoned by the creator and/or not been authorized by the creator to make, market and sell.

I with flashjazzcat, Candle and tf_hh put in a lot of time and money to make this board. I offered the completed board starting in 2012 on AtariAge and since Nov 2013 on my website.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/203195-pre-order-1200xl-pal-gtia-adapter/?hl=+1200xl +pal +gtia

You contacted me for bare pcb and/or gerber files nearly a year ago and seemed unwilling to purchase even a bare board from me. Instead you seemed to want me to give you the pcb and/or gerber files essentially for free. I still have the messages we sent each other. Candle claims you approached him for the schematics too. Obviously you got a board to copy from at some point.

You never contacted me to see if my board could be used in a 5200 or request that it be made compatible. You never contacted me indicating you were making a virtual copy of my board and wanted permission to sell it on AtariAge or elsewhere.

I guess I should take comfort that it took you nearly a year to copy the work we had done. I can't stop you from marketing this on AtariAge or making your gerber files and schematic free for download. Sadly it appears AtariAge is not the only place you are offering the board for sale.

http://allegro.pl/pal-gtia-adapter-atari-1200xl-5200-600xl-i4169339005.html

I wish I could say I've made back the time and money I spent. I haven't and now you have made that almost impossible. This is the major reason why more people do not 'make' new devices for the Atari. You aren't even telling your buyers that they have to upgrade their 1200XL or how to get it to work properly. Just stop.

:thumbsdown:

• Like 3

@dropcheck and @stryker

I hope you two people can work this out. I have big respect for Dropcheck and all those inventions! But I also have extremely good experience with Stryker, who is a very kind and reliable person. I am a bit surprised by seeing this happening between you two people.

So please work it out, and get along. The AtariScene is very happy with all your support!

Ok one more question from my side:

If I buy a brandnew atari 800XL that is NTSC, would this adapter also make it pal?

I have the feeling that it is easier to obtain brandnew in box NTSC 800xl, which I would LOVE TO ADD to my collection. And I even might start using it. Stocking all those brandnew stuff isn't everything. But I really want PAL. So if these adapters, also convert 800XL NTSC to PAL, that would be awesome.

Thanks again, and sorry for all noob questions.

Hello Marius

I can not believe what you are saying. Stryker copied something that other people put a lot of work in, sells it and even put a copyright notice on it, and now Lenore has to shake hands with him? You must be kidding.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 2

Hello Marius

I can not believe what you are saying. Stryker copied something that other people put a lot of work in, sells it and even put a copyright notice on it, and now Lenore has to shake hands with him? You must be kidding.

Sincerely

Mathy

Hi Mathy,

Where do I write that she has to shake hands with him?

I write that I hope that they work it out. In what way that is, is up to them, not to us.

I just let them know that I like them both, and that I hope they can work this out.

Please read my words a bit more careful next time Mathy, thanks.

Hello Marius

Your words to me read like the initiative to "shake hands/make up" could come from both parties. But in my eyes, there is one party that should apologize to the other, because of what that party did. The initiative clearly does not have to come from Lenore.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 1

Yes, I can imagine the invitation to "shake and make up" to be almost as irritating to Lenore as the perceived duplication of her work. I know when I once received a third-party PM invitation to "work things out" with someone who'd been relentlessly trolling my threads, it was apparent to me that the would-be mediators had completely missed the point. ;)

• Like 3

Well let's face things right here.

If Lenore is right, and I have seriously no reason at all to doubt that, she'd better handle this in Pritvat with stryker, and if that doesn't work well, she'd best go to the forum admin.

Now this is public, one can respond right?

I stated that I -personally- have good experience with both people, and I appreciate both their contributions to the atari 8bit scene.

I absolutely understand her feelings, and I feel with her, if it is exact the way she describes it is.

But that does not change anything to my experience with the way stryker handles his business.

I hope they can work things out; what way that might be, is up to them.

My reason for making a public statement in this thread was that he was selling publicly on this website something that he knew to be a copy of someone else's work. Maybe it's a failing on my part, but I won't be quiet or private about that when it happens to me.

I have no intention of hounding him nor of getting him banned from this site etc. I'm not vindictive.

He appears to have removed his second offer in this thread and I will let the matter lay assuming no other offense surfaces. It should end here.

Hopefully, this will be a dead thread soon. :(

• Like 3

In april 2013 i PM'd you about PCB's and Gerber files, reading the
suitable thread on AA i thought that you do not have more PCB's and
maybe you want to share.
You wrote me that you have more, but the price was too high for me
(and some other people).
So I asked Pasiu if he would not make a his version of GTIA adapter
(that was in plans anyway). And he did in few days.
Candle was not involved in this little project.
The Schematic is public available. Fx. Jerzy Soboala drawings of 65XE
(please check attachment).
So there is no way to talk about reverse engineering. Neither I nor
Pasiu haven't seen your PCB ... only public docs.
The Boards are similar - because they do same thing. And that form is
the only one that do the best.
So. Do you still think that we stole your project?

post-4281-0-49399600-1399192348_thumb.gif